Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Diverse, friendly and helpful.

Diverse, friendly and helpful.

I would suggest that parents and students research online, but more importantly go to the schools they are interested in. Don't just take the tour, try to find helpful students to REALLY show you around and tell you about their experiences. Ask if you can be their facebook or myspace friends, to look at their pictures and experiences from college. Definitely take advantage of the overnight visits if available, and be sure to talk to a loan councelor to be sure that you won't be up to your head in debt by the time you graduate. Once you get to college, take every opportunity that comes your way. Keep up on your studies, because it's all the more fun to relax on the weekends when you know you're excelling in your school work during the week. And try not to go home on the weekends, that's when your memories will be made! Last but not least, come to school with lots of Ramen Noodles- they will be your best friend.

Someone who goes home on the weekends or wants to join greek life.

Trenton

Good music and nursing school, everything else is pretty mediocre.

Good music and nursing school, everything else is pretty mediocre.

Teachers do not know how to and are not concerned with teaching students how to make a living.

Capital is a little depressing and most of the teachers are unforgving when it comes to being late to classes or mental excuses for not attending class.

If there is any doubt in your mind that you may not want to be too far away from home then listen to it. Remember, grades aren't the end of the world and don't let yourself get stuck in your own head. Get out, even if it's just by yourself.

A person that likes the small atmosphere and comfortable surrounding. All classrooms are less then a 10 minute walk from dorms (nice for winter). One would also like the fact that Capital is in a small town but only 10 minutes away from OSU for the party scene.

Rex

My advice to students would be to remember that you get out of college whatever you decide to put into it. Since I am a commuter, I was told by many of my orientation leaders that it would be difficult to stay involved and get a great deal out of my studies. This turned out to be incorrect, for I decided from the very beginning to stay involved. Your attitude towards teh process will determine the quality of your college experience. To parents, I would suggest that you try to become involved and interested in your student's education. I have two wonderful parents who come to my drama performances and continually ask about my courses. This can be an interesting and valuable experience for you, as well.

Capital University is definitely a small college, where everyone seems to know everyone else. Unlike other universities my friends have attended, it is not uncommon to meet several people you know and become engaged in a conversation. I am an extrovert by nature, which means that going to a large university where you are considered a number was not an option. The size of our school also gives us the option to have more discussion based courses. My learning has greatly increased in the past two years because I am able to ask questions in a more personal atmosphere.

Before coming to Capital University, I wish I had researched the financial aid process more. Everything else, including academics, has gone by smoothly in the past two years, but financial aid has presented some issues. One instance of these problems occured earlier this year, when origination fees started to appear on my loans. We were unaware that these fees even existed, and the university financial aid office gave us no insight into this matter. Since graduate school is coming up soon, I will be devoting a good deal of research to their financial process.

Stephani

How much my teachers are and that they really care about your future. They open you up to so many ideas and stuff you wouldnt think about otherwisae. The people are amazing and so caring at Capital.

Think about what you want to do with your life. College is such a great place to learn and grow but it also tough. It shows what you can handle. My main advice is to take tours of the campuses and see what fits. Do officall and unoffical visits to really see the spirit of the school and choose the one which fits you best. I know money is a big thing but you will be much happier at a school you like and have loans then one cheaper and not your style. College goes so fast, savor it.

I would have wanted to know how much I would have changed though being involved. I would have been a lot more open in high school and would have enjoyed it better. I feel like the people at Capital have changed me for the better and I cant see myself anywere else.

Melissa

Our Law School and the School of Nursing are highly renowned and our Conservatory of Music is known around the world.

Know yourself. Know what kind of people you enjoy being around, know your beliefs, know what you are interested in if you do not know what you would like to do with your life (and lets face it - most 17 year olds have no clue!). Pick a college that best fits you as an individual but at the same time one that will allow you room to grow. Ask how easy it is to switch majors; find out the beliefs of the school AND the beliefs of the students (they are not always the same). Spend a weekend or a night on campus with a host student to really get the feel of campus and of the kind of people that go to that school. Lastly, take advice from others but do not let anyone pressure you into a decision. This is where you will live and grow as an individual for the next 2-4 years: it is YOUR decision!

The condition of the dorms; there seems to always be a problem with the heating or the water, with fire alarms going off, and with cleanliness. I susptect mold in the showers. I do hear that the new dorms and new university apartments are nice, though they are more expensive.

Lisa

Come with an open mind and make the most out of all situations! Dont be afraid to be yourself!

I wish I would have known that its location leaves you stranded and that many people are too conservative and close minded. Also, it costs way too much and has little financial aid to offer!!

Nathan

Capital University is a great school academically. Capital will prepare the students very well in whatever major they are in. It's a small campus. I like the fact that the classes are small and the professors can give you more attention that way.

Find a college that you will feel comfortable in. Make sure that the school is right for the student that is attending, not for the parent. Go to college to learn. Make that a priority. Do not go to party. You will not get anywhere if you spend your whole time partying and not learning. The end result will certainly be worth it if you stick with your studies. College life can sure be fun if you learn to juggle everything. Stressing out does not help, but there is always help that is available on the campus. Having parents that are understanding about everything sure helps. Students will have to be mature enough to handle things on their own, but every now and then having parents to fall back on for advice just makes it so much easier.

The location. I think the campus is located in a very crowded area with very little parking for students that commute to campus.

If I can give parents and students some advice on finding the right college, I would tell them to research every school very well. Take visits to the school, and talk to other students that aren't necessarily your tour guide and ask them questions and ask them to be honest. Students that aren't tour guides are more likely to tell you the truth about things and not "suger-coat" the schools issues. Every school will have it's problems, but sort out which things are important to you (size, academics, local area, etc) and base your decision on how well the school fits with what you are looking for in a college. There is a school that will be right for each individual person, you just have to look hard to make sure you've found it.

The best thing about my school is the amount of extracurricular activities that are available. There are plenty of things to do around campus and plenty of ways to make friends with both same and different interests and views of you based on your activites.

The worst thing about the school is our technology. We've just recently went to wireless internet, and it's still not the best. We are far behind many schools with our technology, not just in the dorms, but also in the classrooms.

Visit the colleges of interest before making your choice, and make sure to consider the school's size.

the professors are amazing, and extremely interesting

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.