Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Amy

My classmates at Capital University were very open minded. Everyone accepted each other and invested in the learning experien...

My classmates at Capital University were very open minded. Everyone accepted each other and invested in the learning experience.

Capital University was the perfect fit for me. I returned to college while continuing to work full-time. Capital University understood the needs of working adults. The staff and faculty of the university cared about the learning experience of all students. I felt comfortable in every environment at the college.

I wish I would have listened more to those who had my best interest at hand. Although I received decent grades in high school, I could have done a lot better with the right focus and determination. I knew I wanted to go to college and grades were connected to this goal, but I didn't consider all the other skills that could have been gained and developed in high school. I wish I would have been more involved in community service and extracurricular activities. I should have volunteered more and sought information about scholarships as a high school student.

Shannon

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to do as much as possible while still in high school. I would tell myself to go to more school functions and to enjoy hanging out with friends that I knew I wasn't going to get to see for long periods of time. I would also tell myself that I was going to meet a lot of new really cool people, yet I would still keep the relationships with my old friends and that those relationships would become even more important than they were in high school. I would even say that though college is a lot of fun, the work can become a little overwhelming and the best thing to do is to sometimes take a deep breath and tell myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

giddian

Capital University is best known for its Law program and its Conservatory of Music.

My university is unique because it is its own form of melting pot society. At Capital university there is a large emphasis on the potential and talents of the individual and the school focuses on ways to advance and utilize these skills.

If it was possible for me to go back and talk to my high school self I would have to tell myself to not worry so much about what others think about you. That was a major issue for me in high school and now that I have graduated, I realize that you are not defined by other people's opinions of you. I know that many high school students do certain things and act certain ways because they believe that is what will make them "popular" or maintain their reputation. Once I started college, I realized that you uniqueness and differences are what make you special and bring people together. I now feel that I truly have the freedom to be myself now that I am in college and I have made friends that relate to the real me. I would tell my high school self that it is important to maintain your individuality and sense of uniqueness because popularity is not as important in college.

Logan

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there is a lot of things I would want to say. I would talk about how college is a lot more work than high school, and its not just something you can breeze through. I would work on being less of a procrastinator. Keeping up with school work is really important, and when you get behind its really hard to get caught back up. Sign up for as many scholarships as you can, because you're going to need the money! And last but not least, make sure to get involved with things on campus. The people you meet here will be life-long friends and you should be as outgoing as you possibly can be!

I wished that I had known how much work college really is. I breezed through high school so easily that going to college was a big change. You should be prepared to spend late nights up, finishing papers, and studying a lot harder than you did in high school. Focus on becoming an active learner, and not procrastinating on your work.

If you are a person that likes the idea of a tight-knit community Capital is the place for you. The classes are small and you can really get to know your professors and the people that are in your classes. You should be a person that is serious about learning and working hard to get a good degree. There is a place for everyone, whether you are artistic, athletic, religious, social, there is something for everyone on this campus. Come with an open mind and an open heart and you will be sure to go far here!

Christina

If I went back to high school with the knowledge I have from college I would tell myself to study, study, study so I could improve of all my tests and assignments and get the degree that I want.

Crystal

They're all here to learn. Most of them are very determined to succeed.

They're all here to learn. Most of them are very determined to succeed.

DON'T GET DISTRACTED! My whole senior year I was surrounded by peers who were thinking with the end in mind. Having that mind set is NOT bad. However, when you have one more year left of a place where you don't get to go back and do it again, I would not slack in the least! Turn in everything, even if you could only get part of it done. And stay positive and know that the senior stress will wear off everntually.

It's small community feel. It's homey, but less than 10 minutes away in all directions there is plenty to do. This includes downtown Columbus.

Be fearless. As a senior in high school, you are too afraid to lose everything that you have built up--friends, reputation, achievements, boyfriends, etc. You think you are secure. However, stepping foot on campus begins a whole new life journey with a whole set of new circumstances. Learn that it's okay to stretch yourself by taking risks and being uncomfortable. Realize that it's okay to begin anew and write your story; and that nothing from your past has to define your future. This is where you grow. This is where your new security comes from. This is where you find your niche. There are so many possibilities when you just let go and trust God. Life is so much bigger than what you think.

The location. Being in Columbus allows opportunities for so many things. Internships, jobs, fun, and more.

Adrian

Capital has a very well known nursing program. About 90% of their nursing students graduate already have job offers. It is located 15 minutes from Ohio State University and The Ohio State Medicdal Center has been known to hire Capital students over their own.

If I could go back now and talk to myself as a high school senior my biggest thing I would tell myself is to enjoy it while it lasts and to stay true to myself. I would tell myself to enjoy the people around me because some of them I will probably never see again. I would say leave with no regrets tell your friends, teachers, and family how much they really mean to you. I would say pay attention in class and start good study habits early, because it really pays off when you get to college. I would tell myself to stay true to my morals and values. Don't give in to peer pressure, because I have seen way too many people change within their first week of college just by the friends they make and the decisions they make. I would tell myself the harder you work the more it pays off. Lastly, I would tell myself keep up the good work because it has put me in a great position to have a bright future.

A student should choose Capital if they enjoy a small close knit environment. If students want to have a one on one relationship with their professors Capital has just that. If students don't want to walk long distances to class Capital is great. It takes five minutes tops to walk from one end of campus to the other. If they want to be by a big city where there are things to do, but not be downtown Capital is perfect. Capital's students are very diverese and I am sure just about anyone can make friends here.

Kurt

Wake up stupid!!! College is a very inportant part of life and one never stops learning. Hard work and integrity is not enough. You also need to manage your time, energy, and resources to gain o foothold in the world. Stop playing around and make time for the important things in life like Family, study, and knowledge. College life is only what you put into it. Classes are only hard if you do not pay attention to what is required of you. No one is going to look over your shoulder and make sure your work is done, you are expected to do it and make the time to follow through.

Katrina

It's known for the name. When you graduate from there people are more likely to hire you based on the school that you received your degree from.

I'm doing an adult program that allows me to take night classes and work full time.

I would have told myself to not procrastinate as much, but also learn better study skills. I would have told myself that no matter how difficult a class is you are able to receive the help from others to help learn how to understand it.

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.