Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

College is by far one of the best experiences of my life. I feel privledged to have the financial backing and oppurtunity to better my education and future. For the majority of my life I have wanted to be a nurse to utilize my desire to help others by becoming a nurse. Without a college education this would not be possible for me. College has also introduced me to people who I know will be a part of my life for many years to come. Through college I have also been able to enhance my athletic ability by participating on the track team where I high jump, long jump, triple jump, throw discus, and throw javelin. I feel blessed to have found such a perfect college fit for myself, and cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me.

The best thing about my school is probably small class sizes because they allow you to have a better relationship with your professor and are able to get more personalized attention

Small campus makes walking distance to class short, small class size equals more individual attention, small campus in big city, nursing program has good reputation potentially making future jobs easier to obtain

I think attending this university has given me the chance to meet more people and develop more valuable relationships. Also, the adversities i have faced financially has given me new skills when it comes to managing my money and being more responsible financially. The experiences I have had at Capital i think were more valuable to me since i have experienced them at a smaller school versus a larger school. Overall, my life while I have been in college has been more of a challenge than actually attending college but it has taught me to manage and face challenges as they come.

someone who is looking to be challenged academically and values personal atttention from professors

Someone who is looking for the typical college experience of being very involved in multiple groups, parties, etc. Capital is very limited in what it offers

Alexandra

Accepting, Capital University is very accepting of the students and the faculty and all their unique qualities and traits.

I have grown to acknowledge where I came from and accept it not as a barrier but a stepping stool to where I soon will be. The majority of the students here have a different background than I do . Instead of taking the differences as "being without "I look at it as being resourceful and learning to manage money sooner at a young age. Many of the students here have been spoon fed so when it comes to managing money they develop issues and mommy can't always come running to save the day. I see it really isn't always greener on the other side.

This school is for any student wanting a education in a small environment with a full experience.

Katlyn

College has been like my first taste of the real world; like a gentle transition to adulthood. I've learned important life skills like time management and coping with stress. I've also learned important social skills like how to interact with people from a different culture, and how to approach a professor. The benefit of learning these skills in college is that it is a safe zone for trial-and-error learning. This means that when I mess up, or make an error, the repercussions wont be as severe as they would be in life. In turn, through this "safe" learning process, I am able to uncover new tools and techniques that I would not have otherwise had. College has been an invaluable experience for me. Each day is a new adventure.

Jared

Music Conservatory, Nursing Program, Law School

Music Conservatory, Nursing Program, Law School

The professors are very dedicated to student learning. That is even reflected in the old slogan of the university, "The Education You Want, the Attention You Deserve."

Capital University is a small liberal arts college set in the heart of Columbus, OH that offers many rigorous yet renowned programs of study. While attending this university, I had immediate access to outstanding professors who cared about my learning. These same professors were nationally and internationally recognized as leaders in their respective fields. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to learn and gain insight from them. Despite being set in a large city, the university maintained a small town atmosphere where everybody knew and cared about each other. Finally, the university offered a plethora of learning opportunities, including experiences not found at other comparable colleges or universities. One such example would be a recording session where brand new sheet music was recorded for Wingert-Jones Publications that was ultimately sent in CD format to every school with a music program. As a graduate looking back, I truly feel that I received the education I wanted from Capital University.

Jorge

Growing up as a child, my parents always told me the importance of school and how we should always appreciate it. I see the struggles my parents face everyday and how much they suffer to bearly make it in life. As a child, I always pictured myself finishing high school and moving onto college to follow my career path in Criminal Justice. Once I graduated from high school, I knew what were my intentions in life were and how I would pursue my career, but unfortunately due to financial problems, I couldn’t proceed onto the next step of my path which was going to a four-year university outside of Chicago. I wanted to experience life on my own because there are so many things in life that exist on the opposite side of the world that a person does not know about until you actually experience it. Since I couldn’t afford many colleges, I decided to continue my education at a community school, with the mindset of developing new skills that can prepare for my future. These last two years I feel as that I not only grew in my weaknesses but developed and strengthen my skills.

Daniel

Since moving here from a different country, it was difficult for me to ajust to the new language. However, since attending college I have started to excel in English, and it hulted to be my hardest challange in my life. Now as a college student I find it so much easier to go to classes and not to worry if I will understand the lesson that the professor will be teaching that day. My grades started to excel since I started attending college only because it has tought me how to speak and write English, the native language very clearly and professionalty.

Katie

Though I hate to admit it, I lend myself to stereotypes. I have an idea of what a jock, a nerd, a girly-girl, a techy, and a party person should be. I've been attending Allan Hancock College since I was a junior in high school, and one thing that college never fails to teach me is that there are many types of people out there, and everyone is unique. I have met so many different types of people from jocks to nerds, and every single person surprises me. I've met jocks with an IQ that's through the roof, and "nerds" that can also be called "gym rats". I've learned that stereotypes are just that; stereotypes. It's unfair to group people together or assume something about them based on a label. I have always hated stereotypes, but now that I've been in college, I've realized just how shallow and unreal they are. I have tons of friends from all walks of life thanks to college, and I'm a better person because of it. So now when I walk into a room full of strangers, I don't see stereotypes, I see individuals.

Quenshia

I have received a lot out of college so far the experience has been undeniably great. I would never trade where I am for anything. I have made new friends that I feel may be lifelong friends. Since I chose a smaller university I get a lot of hands on attention from my professors and they offer tutors to help us anytime we may need them. I also have smaller class sizes so I feel freer to ask question and have discussion with the professor. I also must say living in a dorm on campus was another decision I am happy I made, I have a great roommate and great neighbors. We all spend time together getting to know one another. I have made new friends that I feel may be lifelong friends. We all encourage each other to be the best in our majors and to accept nothing but the best.

I wish I knew my buliding did not have air in it before i moved in. Don't worry future students of Capital University all the building will be getting air conditioning put in them.

The location would have to be the worst part about Capital University. I say the location because the city of Bexley does not allow Capital to have night football games or Fraternity / Sorority houses. That would be the worst part of Capital University.

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.