Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Paulette

The things that I got out of my college experiment is there is a lot of information in this word. I also learned that there are some people who wants you to succeed. These are the people who count the others you I feel can say what they want because they had a bad day. The people who work in the library will help you when you need help . I like college life because you meet a lot of people with all kind of background and this is how you learn about the world.

I think the worst thing about capital is the financial aid department because i was expecting to have the same amount of money as i did last year and i didn't. I didn't find out until the summer classes is almost over. I think the financial aid could have let the students know before hand what they would get instead of waiting until the classes have 4 weeks and the student has to pay them money they don't have. in my opinion this is unfair to the student.

I love how friendly some of the teachers are and how willing they are to make sure the student succeed weather they intended to or not. The teachers have an open door policy. All we have to is let them know and they will make the time for you. Some even call you at home to explain what needs to be done. I think that is a great thing for a teacher to do. The people in the library will help you if they can. If they can't they will tell you where to go and get help.

Carrie

Just as a freshmen in college, I have learned many valuable lessons. I have learned how to manage time, organization, and people skills. Managing my time while playing volleyball was a struggle at first, but one I got into the groove of things it wasn't that bad. Being organized is always good because then you won't forget about an assignment that is due and it will make you feel more confident in yourself. I am going to be completely honest and say that my people skills were lacking at the beginning of my college career. I overcame my fear of talking and getting to know people really quickly, and I am glad because I met some of my really good friends. College is very valuable because without a college education the odds of getting a good paying job are very slim. Also college brings out some very good skills that are needed throughout your whole life.

The best thing about Capital University is the education department. I am majoring in integrated math education. I have already taken education classes and feel more prepared than other students at different universities. The professors are willing to help you just like teachers were in high school. The classes are challenging, but that will be helpful when teaching in the future. The math part of my major is very challenging, but that will also help me in the long run if my students ever have any questions.

The worst thing about Capital University is the meal plan. If someone comes to eat with you and aren't from Capital you can't use a meal swipe you have to use your flex dollars. This leads to having lots of extra meal swipes at the end of the semester and there is no way in getting your money back. It is expensive enough to go to Capital without being taken advantage of with your meal plan.

Tiara

I graduated high school in May and started college in August 2009. I didn't know what to expect, I thought college would be somewhat like high school, but I was wrong. During the orientation at the college they would not allow my mom to enter the registration or the financial Aid room with me. I was really mad because my mom have always taken care of everything regarding school for me. Throughout the last semester in college, I thought the teachers didn't care if your come to school or not, arrive late for class, or take notes, etc. At the end of the semester you learn about what did, and how well (or not) you did. Of course not so surprising I didn't do to well last semester. I received a D in one of my class and my mom wasn't notify. Well finally, I think I realize why they made me handle the financial aid and registration alone, etc. This is part of growing up and being able to care for yourself and handle your business. I was sad and glad to learn thhis lesson. My destiny really is in my hands.

Kassandra

I attended Arapahoe Community College upon graduation from high school. I have since transferred to another college. I found that it was difficult to attend and do well since most of my professors were not available outside of class even during their office hours. Many of the professors make it clear to the students that they would rather be somewhere else. I was so excited to begin my academic career after high school and this was a let down to say the least. If I could go back in time I would tell myself as a high school senior to move toward my larger plans and stay away from ACC. Thank you

Justin

So far as a freshman half way through my second semester of college, I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have became a critical analyzer of all the information laid before me in the news. I have become more knowledgeable on current events, as well as the role of government. While attending classes and juggling track practice, I have become a very organized student., meeting all of my deadlines. I have made friendships that will last a life time, but most of all, I am getting an education, not just a degree.

I like my school very much and look forward to spending the next three years here.

I find that my school fosters a one on one relationship with professors, allowing for an excellent learning environment. When I go to class I know that I?m not just another face in the crowd, and that I can get help whenever I need. Everyone on campus is very nice as well.

Kiara

If i could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would first start off by telling myself that just because i'm at the end of senior year doesn't mean i'm done. It's the end of one chapter and the begining of another. I would tell myself to register for the hard classes even if i don't need them to graduate, they will help me in college and maybe save me less time with gen ed classes and let me move on to classes that protain to my major. Secondly sieze every scholoarship opprotunity that was available, the ones offered at school,online or even in the community. You never know when your going to need some extra cash for books. Lastly although senior year can be stressful with college right around the corner. Enjoy the moments you have with your friends because it can be the last time that you guys will be all together in this way. So to my senior self, "carpe deim", make everyday count and take nothing for granted, there are so many wonderful opprotunities out there just waiting to be taken.

The best thing about Capital University is the professors! They are great and care how you are doing and your well being. The classes are small so that you get alot of one on one attention and if you don't know whats going on in class at Capital, The professors make it there mission to help you as much as they can.

Weekends at Capital are the most frustrating thing about the University. On weekends the times for serving food are schedule is very different and not everything is open. When doing tours as a senior in highschool for Capital University they advertise their great food service but forget to mention how different it is on the weekends. Also they advertise that there is so much to do on campus on the weekend that are school related but from staying on weekends there really isn't as much school related activities that happen.

Alexandra

Capital University is one of the oldest Universities in Central Ohio. It is also well known for its Conservatory and great music programs. Also, many people, such as myself, come to Capital for their Education Program and for a more one -on -one involvement with teachers. The small class sizes and dedicated teachers really to give us the education and attention needed to learn how to do well in ones major.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior there are many things that I would warn myself of. First, I would stress the importance of searching for more college scholarships. There are so many out there, and many of them are not taken advantage of. It is very difficult as a college student trying to do well in school, work and find time to do things such as student teach. Scholarships would be very useful and allow me to spend less time working and more time studying and applying myself to my classes and school-work. I would also tell myself to try to be more outgoing or get involved in more clubs and activities. I can be a very shy person so clubs and other activities could have made it easier for me to find people who may be interested in the same things as me and help me make more friends.

Someone that is not fully dedicated to their education and not willing to participate in classes is someone I would recommend not coming to Capital University. Many of the professors require students to participate daily in order to earn class points. If someone is not interested or willing to join in and discuss topics, then they will have a difficult time earning good grades.

Rebecca

I would tell myself to get up and look for more information and not wait until the last moment to try and do everything. You think you know how to manage your time, but you do not. Make schedules and actually stick to them and be faithful and dilligent with your reading and studying, it all helps. Shove aside your pride and ask for help, even if you do not need it. Any bit helps in the long run and will be to your benefit.

The worst thing would be the tuition cost, it is too much sometimes and tends to become a burden. It is well worth the money, but it is very hard to find enough funds to pay fully without taking out a loan.

Any person can attend and should. The work is intrinsic and thought provoking, but that is what college is all about. Any student is accepted for who they are and their background matters not. Even though it seems 'weird' to say, but the University is welcoming and has a feeling of home to it and has a family feel in the atmosphere.

Jacob

I would tell myself first of all to practice more. Considering my major is music education, practicing more then would put me ahead now. Of course, if my major was different I would tell myself to get more of a background on that subject. I would tell myself that I shouldn't get discouraged by anything that comes my way. There will be trials and errors that I commit, but those happen in everyone's life. It is part of being a human being and is part of life. The final point I would mention to myself is to keep focused on my vision. My decisions concerning what I do in college and where I go to college should all point in the direction of the vision that I have for my life. Whenever studying gets hard in college, or you get tired, or it seems pointless, think of the vision as your inspiration. This inspiration will allow you to achieve more. Never doubt your abilities, despite how well you did in high school. College is a time for people to renew what they want out of life. You are no exception, as you will do some amazing things.

The main people who shoudn't attend this school are people who don't care. It is a difficult school to go through. It is also a small school, so people just going to college to party and get away from parents really should not come to this school. But if a person cares, it could easily be the right school. There are people from all over the country, as well as international students. The only other people who shouldn't come here are those whose major is not offered or is not a strong area, such as architecture.

The most frustrating thing is the cost. It is a private school. It is a really great school, though. The problem is that the cost sometimes scares people away. Luckily there are scholarships available for most people. The financial aid department is also very helpful and understanding of people's situations. The cost does way a lot of people down, and can cause a lot of problems. Another frustrating thing is that the school is just south of one of the largest schools in the nation, which draws attention away from here.

Hilary

Capital University is an excellent school where the professors really want to help you learn and see you succeed.

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self advice about college life I would tell myself a couple things. First, I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study. I knew college would be different but I didn't understand how much time I would have to dedicate to studying. Another thing I would tell myself is to be open to new people. I went though all my years at school basically knowing the same people and getting comfortable with them. In college, it's not like that. I didn't know anyone and at first it was really scary. I feel like if i would have been open more at first it would have made my transition a lot easier. Those are the two most important things I would tell myself if I had the chance.

The best thing about Capital University would be the dedication of the professers. They are always avalible when you need extra help in their subject and they really love what they're doing.