Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Katlyn

College has been like my first taste of the real world; like a gentle transition to adulthood. I've learned important life skills like time management and coping with stress. I've also learned important social skills like how to interact with people from a different culture, and how to approach a professor. The benefit of learning these skills in college is that it is a safe zone for trial-and-error learning. This means that when I mess up, or make an error, the repercussions wont be as severe as they would be in life. In turn, through this "safe" learning process, I am able to uncover new tools and techniques that I would not have otherwise had. College has been an invaluable experience for me. Each day is a new adventure.

Jared

Music Conservatory, Nursing Program, Law School

Music Conservatory, Nursing Program, Law School

The professors are very dedicated to student learning. That is even reflected in the old slogan of the university, "The Education You Want, the Attention You Deserve."

Capital University is a small liberal arts college set in the heart of Columbus, OH that offers many rigorous yet renowned programs of study. While attending this university, I had immediate access to outstanding professors who cared about my learning. These same professors were nationally and internationally recognized as leaders in their respective fields. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to learn and gain insight from them. Despite being set in a large city, the university maintained a small town atmosphere where everybody knew and cared about each other. Finally, the university offered a plethora of learning opportunities, including experiences not found at other comparable colleges or universities. One such example would be a recording session where brand new sheet music was recorded for Wingert-Jones Publications that was ultimately sent in CD format to every school with a music program. As a graduate looking back, I truly feel that I received the education I wanted from Capital University.

Jorge

Growing up as a child, my parents always told me the importance of school and how we should always appreciate it. I see the struggles my parents face everyday and how much they suffer to bearly make it in life. As a child, I always pictured myself finishing high school and moving onto college to follow my career path in Criminal Justice. Once I graduated from high school, I knew what were my intentions in life were and how I would pursue my career, but unfortunately due to financial problems, I couldn’t proceed onto the next step of my path which was going to a four-year university outside of Chicago. I wanted to experience life on my own because there are so many things in life that exist on the opposite side of the world that a person does not know about until you actually experience it. Since I couldn’t afford many colleges, I decided to continue my education at a community school, with the mindset of developing new skills that can prepare for my future. These last two years I feel as that I not only grew in my weaknesses but developed and strengthen my skills.

Daniel

Since moving here from a different country, it was difficult for me to ajust to the new language. However, since attending college I have started to excel in English, and it hulted to be my hardest challange in my life. Now as a college student I find it so much easier to go to classes and not to worry if I will understand the lesson that the professor will be teaching that day. My grades started to excel since I started attending college only because it has tought me how to speak and write English, the native language very clearly and professionalty.

Katie

Though I hate to admit it, I lend myself to stereotypes. I have an idea of what a jock, a nerd, a girly-girl, a techy, and a party person should be. I've been attending Allan Hancock College since I was a junior in high school, and one thing that college never fails to teach me is that there are many types of people out there, and everyone is unique. I have met so many different types of people from jocks to nerds, and every single person surprises me. I've met jocks with an IQ that's through the roof, and "nerds" that can also be called "gym rats". I've learned that stereotypes are just that; stereotypes. It's unfair to group people together or assume something about them based on a label. I have always hated stereotypes, but now that I've been in college, I've realized just how shallow and unreal they are. I have tons of friends from all walks of life thanks to college, and I'm a better person because of it. So now when I walk into a room full of strangers, I don't see stereotypes, I see individuals.

Quenshia

I have received a lot out of college so far the experience has been undeniably great. I would never trade where I am for anything. I have made new friends that I feel may be lifelong friends. Since I chose a smaller university I get a lot of hands on attention from my professors and they offer tutors to help us anytime we may need them. I also have smaller class sizes so I feel freer to ask question and have discussion with the professor. I also must say living in a dorm on campus was another decision I am happy I made, I have a great roommate and great neighbors. We all spend time together getting to know one another. I have made new friends that I feel may be lifelong friends. We all encourage each other to be the best in our majors and to accept nothing but the best.

I wish I knew my buliding did not have air in it before i moved in. Don't worry future students of Capital University all the building will be getting air conditioning put in them.

The location would have to be the worst part about Capital University. I say the location because the city of Bexley does not allow Capital to have night football games or Fraternity / Sorority houses. That would be the worst part of Capital University.

Paulette

The things that I got out of my college experiment is there is a lot of information in this word. I also learned that there are some people who wants you to succeed. These are the people who count the others you I feel can say what they want because they had a bad day. The people who work in the library will help you when you need help . I like college life because you meet a lot of people with all kind of background and this is how you learn about the world.

I think the worst thing about capital is the financial aid department because i was expecting to have the same amount of money as i did last year and i didn't. I didn't find out until the summer classes is almost over. I think the financial aid could have let the students know before hand what they would get instead of waiting until the classes have 4 weeks and the student has to pay them money they don't have. in my opinion this is unfair to the student.

I love how friendly some of the teachers are and how willing they are to make sure the student succeed weather they intended to or not. The teachers have an open door policy. All we have to is let them know and they will make the time for you. Some even call you at home to explain what needs to be done. I think that is a great thing for a teacher to do. The people in the library will help you if they can. If they can't they will tell you where to go and get help.

Carrie

Just as a freshmen in college, I have learned many valuable lessons. I have learned how to manage time, organization, and people skills. Managing my time while playing volleyball was a struggle at first, but one I got into the groove of things it wasn't that bad. Being organized is always good because then you won't forget about an assignment that is due and it will make you feel more confident in yourself. I am going to be completely honest and say that my people skills were lacking at the beginning of my college career. I overcame my fear of talking and getting to know people really quickly, and I am glad because I met some of my really good friends. College is very valuable because without a college education the odds of getting a good paying job are very slim. Also college brings out some very good skills that are needed throughout your whole life.

The best thing about Capital University is the education department. I am majoring in integrated math education. I have already taken education classes and feel more prepared than other students at different universities. The professors are willing to help you just like teachers were in high school. The classes are challenging, but that will be helpful when teaching in the future. The math part of my major is very challenging, but that will also help me in the long run if my students ever have any questions.

The worst thing about Capital University is the meal plan. If someone comes to eat with you and aren't from Capital you can't use a meal swipe you have to use your flex dollars. This leads to having lots of extra meal swipes at the end of the semester and there is no way in getting your money back. It is expensive enough to go to Capital without being taken advantage of with your meal plan.

Tiara

I graduated high school in May and started college in August 2009. I didn't know what to expect, I thought college would be somewhat like high school, but I was wrong. During the orientation at the college they would not allow my mom to enter the registration or the financial Aid room with me. I was really mad because my mom have always taken care of everything regarding school for me. Throughout the last semester in college, I thought the teachers didn't care if your come to school or not, arrive late for class, or take notes, etc. At the end of the semester you learn about what did, and how well (or not) you did. Of course not so surprising I didn't do to well last semester. I received a D in one of my class and my mom wasn't notify. Well finally, I think I realize why they made me handle the financial aid and registration alone, etc. This is part of growing up and being able to care for yourself and handle your business. I was sad and glad to learn thhis lesson. My destiny really is in my hands.

Kassandra

I attended Arapahoe Community College upon graduation from high school. I have since transferred to another college. I found that it was difficult to attend and do well since most of my professors were not available outside of class even during their office hours. Many of the professors make it clear to the students that they would rather be somewhere else. I was so excited to begin my academic career after high school and this was a let down to say the least. If I could go back in time I would tell myself as a high school senior to move toward my larger plans and stay away from ACC. Thank you

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.