Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Myranda

My school is best known for it's excellence in academics. If i was to ask anyone about Capital University, they would tell me that it's a very good school. My school challenges it's students and prepares the students for success. With the small class sizes here, students are able to get one on one help with professors who care about the learning of their students. The environment at Capital is friendly and students feel very welcomed being on this campus. This school offers a lot of different organizations that enables you to become involved.

The advice I would give myself is learn to manage your time, attend every class, and pay attention. I would tell myself this because it's very important to finish all work on time. Many students come to college and think it's all fun and games, well it's not. In order to make it through college stress free, you must manage your time. An easy way of doing that is to carry a planner and write out everything that must be done as well as checking your planner on a daily basis. Staying ahead is the perfect way of not falling behind. Some professors reward those students who come to every single class and if you're not doing so well, this reward could benefit your final grade. Professors are more willing to help those students who pay attention and really apply their best effort. A professor may give you extra credit just because you're trying really hard. Managing time, attending class, and paying attention will lead you to succeeding in college.

Marilee

You need to work hard in high school. I know high school seemed hard at the time, but it is nothing compared to how college is. There is always work to do, and the sooner you prepare yourself for the work and how to become a good student, the greater your success chances are. Make sure you go to EVERY class. The more class you miss, the lower your grade will be; not necessarily because of attendance points but because what you miss in lecture/lab you will not be able to understand on your own. Start working now for money for school, college is expensive! Between the tuition, books, resident life, and meal plans, there is a lot of money that goes into college. Look for scholarships! Save up money! And be excited to go to college to enhance your learning and prepare you for the real world, it's going to be a blast :)

If you like a large school with a huge party scene and a lot of emphasis on football games, you do not belong at Capital. Capital is a close-knit and small school which emphasizes liberal views and the arts rather than parties and athletic events.

Bryan

My school is unique compared to others because it offers my major of Middle Childhood Education and allows for me to enter the classroom as a second year education student. The 21st century research and innovative methods of teaching enable me to reach students better; giving me a knowledge base that many other colleges do not offer. This allows for me to be a effective and change provoking educator.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay focus, watch the company I keep and prepare ahead. As a high school senior it is really easy to get off focus with all of the senior activties and other outlets. When partcipating in these activities it is easy to neglect school work or slack off. By doing this your grades suffer affecting the amount of scholarships; less scholarships create more stress and headache your freshman year in college which takes away from your ability to focus and be succesful. Furthermore, I would warn myself about who I hang around. The company you keep determines a lot of what you do and shapes who you become; habits, thoughts, and views. This follows you to college because if you keep positive friends in high school you will keep positive friends in college thus helping you stay focused. Preparation is key. I would tell myself to stay organized and prepare ahead; do not wait until the last minute to do things. These things will help you become a more productive and well versed student in the college arena.

When telling my friends about Capital I brag about the campus activities as well as the size of the campus. The fact that the campus is smaller and so are classes is a big plus. Many of my friends attend large colleges where they receive little or no personal attention.

shelby

my school is quiet but we have fun hanging out just being together. we might not drink but we have fun

Shala

The advice I would had given myself was to stay on top of my grades. Other than that my attendance was great I had perfect attendance all 4 years. I got along with all my teachers. I was not a trouble maker in class. Back to the grades situation...I had an average B- in highschool. The crazy thing is I would study and still get B's and C's on test. I just didn't get it. Now that I'm in college that changed a whole lot. My first semester was pretty easy I got a 3.084 which I'm happy with. This semester I'm goign to try and make the Dean's List which you have to have a 3.4 so I almost made it. Also getting good grades meant to me scholarships! I could of used those being at a high price college. So I know now to stay on top of my grades to get scholarships to help pay for school. I really want to stay in school so I can persue my dreams!

The worst thing would be the food. The food may sound and look great, but its not all that great. Its just not season well or its burnt!

I don't think there should be a specific kind of person to attend this school. Although, if I had to choose a specific person then it should be a person who is dedicated and has their heart set on the school work. This school is a little on the expensive side so also someone who can keep up with their finances.

Johneatha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college I would say study harder. I would have created better study tips and methods to help me through college. Knowing how to prioritize properly is a key thing when you are in college. Everyone wants to party and have fun, but you also have to know when it is the right and wrong time. I do pretty good with prioritizing, I just wish that I would have developed a better habit of studying and making sure everything gets done. Maybe I could have learned a little more about essays also, but having trouble studying gets me the most.

David

Fun, outgoing, but very inteligent group who are always willing to help one another.

There is a very strong networking capability at this campus for post graduation careers. The sciences at this school are excellent and so are their health and fitness related programs. The class sizes are the biggest advantage as there is not too many people in the classes which minimizes distractions and maximizes your chances to interact with the teachers.

Save your money and be prepared to meet people who will change your life forever. Do not be afraid to move on from jobs and have confidence in yourself, you are extremely underrated even in your own eyes.

Jade

Knowing what I know now I would have taken my education more serious. I would push my self to stay focused and attentive in class discussions and lectures. As a high school student I never saw my self going to college. The college life seemed unreal and uninteresting to me so I put my mother's goals and aspirations for me on the back burner.Therefore, I did not perform to my full potential. So if I could go back in time I would have encouraged my self a lot more, giving my self a lot more positive reinforcement.

A very warm, socialbe, and determined person should attend a university like my Capital University. Also someone who is not very fond of large overcrowoded campuses and appreciates the interaction of a small compus community.

I am very fond of our music and science program. I also brag about our school pride and how well our sports team do in the conferences.

Robert

Insist that you are given harder classes to prepare yourself for college and everyday life. When you join the military make sure that you take college classes at every post you?re assigned at to help you. When your discharged go back to school and complete your degree with the money you earned for college and don?t cash it in, get your degree. Don?t move to California when discharged, move to another state with your wife; you?ll be better off away from your wives family. But your life does turn out to be pretty god and that you?ll have lots of friends that do care for you and you should move the California when you are discharged from the military. Oh yea, good luck in everything you do.

Andie

Capital University is the best tool for those with a goal and the means, determination, and strive to reach that goal.

I believe Capital University is best known for The Music Conservatory. Only the best, brightest, and most talented are accepted into "the con" and only the most cutthroat, determined, and ambitious students make it through the program. The professors are determined to "weed-out" those who do not take it seriously because they refuse to have mediocre musicians in the the entertainment, educational, and performance world.

Dear Andie Summer 2007: In the fall, you will be a senior in high school and you are determined to study music at Capital University, and I suggest that you triple the amount of time you spend practicing the drums. I suggest you take every available lesson and music class that you can fit into your schedule. I suggest that you start writing and recording more of your original music. On a more peronsal note, I believe you need to work on your social skills. Come out of your shell and start talking to anyone and everyone you know. I believe you need to start making friends and networking now, you never know where those ties may lead. I believe you need to create friendships with students already atteneding Capital, that way the transition from high school to college is not so difficult. I also suggest seriously consider living on campus and not commuting from home. It might cost a little extra, but it will not equal out to the experiences and relationships you would have if you did live in a dorm, at least for a semester. Never stop learning anything available to you.

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.