Columbus, OH
Capital University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital University

Jade

Knowing what I know now I would have taken my education more serious. I would push my self to stay focused and attentive in class discussions and lectures. As a high school student I never saw my self going to college. The college life seemed unreal and uninteresting to me so I put my mother's goals and aspirations for me on the back burner.Therefore, I did not perform to my full potential. So if I could go back in time I would have encouraged my self a lot more, giving my self a lot more positive reinforcement.

A very warm, socialbe, and determined person should attend a university like my Capital University. Also someone who is not very fond of large overcrowoded campuses and appreciates the interaction of a small compus community.

I am very fond of our music and science program. I also brag about our school pride and how well our sports team do in the conferences.

Robert

Insist that you are given harder classes to prepare yourself for college and everyday life. When you join the military make sure that you take college classes at every post you?re assigned at to help you. When your discharged go back to school and complete your degree with the money you earned for college and don?t cash it in, get your degree. Don?t move to California when discharged, move to another state with your wife; you?ll be better off away from your wives family. But your life does turn out to be pretty god and that you?ll have lots of friends that do care for you and you should move the California when you are discharged from the military. Oh yea, good luck in everything you do.

Andie

Capital University is the best tool for those with a goal and the means, determination, and strive to reach that goal.

I believe Capital University is best known for The Music Conservatory. Only the best, brightest, and most talented are accepted into "the con" and only the most cutthroat, determined, and ambitious students make it through the program. The professors are determined to "weed-out" those who do not take it seriously because they refuse to have mediocre musicians in the the entertainment, educational, and performance world.

Dear Andie Summer 2007: In the fall, you will be a senior in high school and you are determined to study music at Capital University, and I suggest that you triple the amount of time you spend practicing the drums. I suggest you take every available lesson and music class that you can fit into your schedule. I suggest that you start writing and recording more of your original music. On a more peronsal note, I believe you need to work on your social skills. Come out of your shell and start talking to anyone and everyone you know. I believe you need to start making friends and networking now, you never know where those ties may lead. I believe you need to create friendships with students already atteneding Capital, that way the transition from high school to college is not so difficult. I also suggest seriously consider living on campus and not commuting from home. It might cost a little extra, but it will not equal out to the experiences and relationships you would have if you did live in a dorm, at least for a semester. Never stop learning anything available to you.

deja

Get real. That is what I would tell myself, if I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school student. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself to be more focused on my future. Like most high school students, high school was most important to me. I am not saying having a successful tenure through high school is not important. But, if I could go back, I would reprioritize, and spend more time, applying myself in my studies, as well as in the classroom, and preparing for the transition into college life. I especially would put more effort into applying for financial aid. I understand the effects of financial decissions made in college and their impacts on my parents lives, as well as my future. I would Lastly advise myself to trust myself, knowing that its not to soon to be in control of my life!

A successful student at Capital is confident, and passionate about his or her future.

A student that is not willing to work hard for his or her degree should not attend this school.

I would retake the ACT for higher scores, save more money, and look for more scholarships.

The meal plans. we have a really good cafeteria, but thats it. i wish we could use our meal plan in other places, so i dont waste my money on nothing.

The meal plans, that is the only problem that furstates me.

Deborah

I have learned so much from the one and a half years I have been in college. College has truly been life changing for me, in positive ways. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, there would be so much I would say: College will be a life changing experience. There will be so many opportunities for you, and you need to take advantage of those opportunites. Also, everything will seem like it will come so fast, so take one thing at a time , stay calm and stay focused. It may get hard at times, especially when dealing with so many things, like school work and your social life. You will be strong, though, and learn how to manage everything. This will make you a better person, and you will grow as a person in so many ways. Also, never give up, there is so much inside you and college will bring out the best in you. It will truly be an unforgettable esperience. So, stay focused, have fun, keep your goals and dreams close to your heart, and finally, do not worry, for this will be the best time of your life!

I wish I would have known how important time management is. Also, it is good to have a good balance between your social life and academic life. I wish I would have known that college goes by fast and it is important to enjoy every second. Take advantage of every opportunity because there are many opportunities in college. It is also a good idea to have a specific carrer goal in mind before going to college so you can take courses to explore that and see if it is right for you.

I do not see any bad things about my school. I love Capital and everything about it.

Austen

Academics. We are a small school, not a lot of partying or anything like that going on campus so its not what we are known for like some colleges.

When you walk onto the campus you should feel comfortable and not like you are out of place. You need to picture yourself as a student and living there, and really picture it. You will know when you walk onto that campus that you will fit in there, with the people and the setting. Once you get into college you have to keep your head on straight not follow the influence of others and be a leader, work hard and dont let anyone come between you and your career, because partying wont pay the bills one day but your career will. Make friends and have fun but control yourself, there is a time and place for everything and college is a place for learning and building life long skills and bonds!

The family that we all form. We at Capital have a family that is called The Cap Family and that what was talked about as I was looking at schools. During orientation you are welcomed into that Cap Family and will forever remain there. We all stick together and form a group of friends and family to provide support in the stress of College.

Kaitlin

Always apply to as many schools as you can. Keep the options open--apply close to home and far away. Make sure to get involved in extra-curriculars. Use your extra class credits to take classes that are totally different from your major- get a well-rounded experience. Try to take adventures outside of the campus and get to know the town you attend college in!

The small classes, the care and attention the teachers give to students, ability to get involved on campus.

Someone who wouldn't mind having a dead campus on weekends, likes to be involved in alot of activities, and enjoys small class sizes.

In choosing a college, it is important to consider your fit, as well as your budget. Some people prefer to be constantly surrounded by a lot of people and to be able to go somewhere close by to just hang out and relax with friends, while others may prefer to have soundproof study rooms and smaller classes. Wherever you decide to go, it is important to find social groups that you fit with. Whether it be an academic club, a volunteer organization, or a fraternity or sorority, you need to find what you want to do fairly quickly. Everyone needs time to just relax and get away from all of the school work, and being involved on campus as well as away from campus will help you to do just that. But in all of this, you don't want to become exacerbated as you get ready to graduate because you realize how much in debt you really are. That is why price is important. The tuition is just going to rise. Make sure you have a planned budget or a way to pay for college so that you don't come out deep in the negative.

I wish I had known that tuition would just keep going up. This year alone they raised the tution 11%. They also said that this is the smallest tuition increase in the history of the University. I am going to be majorly in debt by the time I graduate, but I am too far in now to even consider transferring to a different college that would be cheaper.

I like to brag about the Faculty. The faculty at campus is more than willing to help when you need help and to even just stop and say hi and hold a conversation with the students. I know many professors even though I haven't had them in class just because they have stopped to talk with me before. I also like that we have a campus wide event every Wednesday that is packed full of fun and food while it is completely free.

Michaela

My school has an excellent atmosphere with many great teachers, and a lot of career propelling activities available.

I believe my classmates are much like the classmate you would find at any college or university--there are a wide variety of people with different interests and anyone can find somewhere to fit in.

Make sure you can see yourself on a particular campus. Go on a tour and ask as many questions as you can. Meet as many professors in your major as you can and ask them questions. These are the people that are going to be most important in your college career. If you don't know what you want to go into for sure ask about their help with finding a major right for you. If you are going to live on campus make sure you see the dorms and make sure you go into the BATHROOMS. This will show you the true cleanliness of the dorm. Ask about what goes on on the weekends to make sure campus is what you want on weekends. Ask about nearby facilities and activities like movie theaters, malls, grocery stores, and banks. You will definitely know when a campus is or is not righ for you after your visit. Go with your gut and have fun!

Capital University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.