Capital University Top Questions

Nik

Probably the worst thing about Capital is how late the dining areas are open. I'm a night owl, so I tend to eat later in the day, yet all the dining areas are open until 11:00pm. The times throught the day, especially on the weekends are a bit scattered and difficult to follow. Also, downtown Columbus is hard to access without a car; there is a bus service though, but it's best to have a friend with you when you want to use the busses.

Abbey

Honestly, I don't really have something that I don't like about this school. I love everything about it and am glad I chose this school. I think the only thing that I have a problem with it are the food court hours, but I've worked around those hours countless times, so it is not so bad. This school is amazing and it is the place to be if you want great faculty and a small campus. It feels like home here to me.

Crystal

We go by semesters and not quarters.

Quenshia

The location would have to be the worst part about Capital University. I say the location because the city of Bexley does not allow Capital to have night football games or Fraternity / Sorority houses. That would be the worst part of Capital University.

Paulette

I think the worst thing about capital is the financial aid department because i was expecting to have the same amount of money as i did last year and i didn't. I didn't find out until the summer classes is almost over. I think the financial aid could have let the students know before hand what they would get instead of waiting until the classes have 4 weeks and the student has to pay them money they don't have. in my opinion this is unfair to the student.

Carrie

The worst thing about Capital University is the meal plan. If someone comes to eat with you and aren't from Capital you can't use a meal swipe you have to use your flex dollars. This leads to having lots of extra meal swipes at the end of the semester and there is no way in getting your money back. It is expensive enough to go to Capital without being taken advantage of with your meal plan.

Justin

I like my school very much and look forward to spending the next three years here.

Rebecca

The worst thing would be the tuition cost, it is too much sometimes and tends to become a burden. It is well worth the money, but it is very hard to find enough funds to pay fully without taking out a loan.

Caitlin

It's a little like high school, population wise. You see the same people all the time. The classes are also small so by the time you're a senior, there will only be a few people in your classes which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences.

Shala

The worst thing would be the food. The food may sound and look great, but its not all that great. Its just not season well or its burnt!

The meal plans. we have a really good cafeteria, but thats it. i wish we could use our meal plan in other places, so i dont waste my money on nothing.

Deborah

I do not see any bad things about my school. I love Capital and everything about it.

Julie

I really enjoyed my experience as a night Student. I do not have anything bad to relate to.

Kayla

I would consider the course variety the worst thing about Capital. It is unfortunate because some people want to attend a small school and still receive the wide variety of courses and majors as a large school. The class size at Capital is perfect for me, so I would not want to attend a bigger school just to receive the benefits of a better variety of classes. For as much as one pays to attend Capital, we should have a better selection of majors and courses.

Joseph

Worst thing would be recieving helpful direction from advisors with such things as choosing a major or what to do after undergraduate

Andrea

The Adminstration

COST!

Kristina

The parking situation. First years park their car in what Capital calls the "O'Lot", passed the Kroger in Bexley (ironically, first years are advised not to go past that Kroger for fear of being in an uncomfortable environment). A shuttle runs to and from the O-Lot to Capital every 30 minute intervals and the cars are safely locked up. As a first year, I didn't find it necessary to bring my vehicle to campus and park it so far away. It was not until my third and current year that I brought my vehice to campus.

Melissa

The condition of the dorms; there seems to always be a problem with the heating or the water, with fire alarms going off, and with cleanliness. I susptect mold in the showers. I do hear that the new dorms and new university apartments are nice, though they are more expensive.

Lisa

tuition.

Nathan

The location. I think the campus is located in a very crowded area with very little parking for students that commute to campus.

The worst thing about the school is our technology. We've just recently went to wireless internet, and it's still not the best. We are far behind many schools with our technology, not just in the dorms, but also in the classrooms.