Capital University

« See more reviews of Capital University

Weekends at Capital are the most frustrating thing about the University. On weekends the times for serving food are schedule is very different and not everything is open. When doing tours as a senior in highschool for Capital University they advertise their great food service but forget to mention how different it is on the weekends. Also they advertise that there is so much to do on campus on the weekend that are school related but from staying on weekends there really isn't as much school related activities that happen.

The most frustrating thing is the cost. It is a private school. It is a really great school, though. The problem is that the cost sometimes scares people away. Luckily there are scholarships available for most people. The financial aid department is also very helpful and understanding of people's situations. The cost does way a lot of people down, and can cause a lot of problems. Another frustrating thing is that the school is just south of one of the largest schools in the nation, which draws attention away from here.

The most frustrating thing I can even think of is pretty trivial. We cannot charge our student accounts with things like bookstore purchases and visits to the health clinic that result in some sort of medication being handed out. It is frustrating I cannot go to the bookstore and charge my books, but the school makes it incredibly easy to withdraw leftover loan money, if you have any.

The most frustrating thing about Capital is the number of students that don't attend class because the professor is so laid back. It only affects their grade in the end, but it's just so frustrating to know they are paying as much money as they do and choose not to come to class for whatever reason it may be. I find it to be quite disrespectful.

Not being able to join all the clubs I want due to playing a sport as well as not being able to fit things like studying abroad into my schedule without taking more than 4 years to graduate

The financial aid is horrible. The department is never on top of getting financial aid together and are extremely rude and unhelpful. I actually lost a scholarship because of them.

Teachers do not know how to and are not concerned with teaching students how to make a living.

The meal plans, that is the only problem that furstates me.

bureaucracy