Milwaukee, WI
Cardinal Stritch University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cardinal Stritch University

Raven

My overall opinion of Cardinal Stritch is that it has a great foundation which is, Franciscan Values. Cardinal Stritch is also very driven to help all their students succeed in their college career. When coming to the school it's not just a school that you go to to learn and then you go about your business; its a community based school where everyone wants to see you succeed and learn. Of course there are the people who just don't care, but that goes on everywhere, however when you come to the school for the first time they try and get to know you so that they might help you transition to the school smoothly. Overall, Cardinal Stritch is a great school and even though small, you will find a place where you belong.

A stereotype at the school is that all the black students who attend the school are there because they were sought after because they play a sport. This is partially true because most black students do play a sport but they also had excellent grades too.

Maturity of the students at Cardinal Stritch are involved in a sport which is how most of the students are able afford the school because you get a big scholarship when participating on a sport.

At Cardinal Stritch, you can expect a diverse student body where there are so many cultures and ethnicity.

When it comes to the academics at Cardinal Stritch, you can expect things that will challenge you and get you prepared for the career path you attend to pursue.

If I could go back in time when I was a senior in high school knowing what I know now, I would change the way I looked at the future. In high school, I spent the majority of my time worrying about my friends, sports, boys, and clothes. It was difficult for me to think of anything in the future because I was so wrapped up in the present. I wish I would have taken the time to focus on my education back then instead of prioritizing it at the bottom. At the same time it was a relief to start college because it gave me the opportunity to have a fresh start with a whole new group of people. When I started college right after high school, I realized it didn’t matter who my friends were or how popular I was back then, no one cared what type of person I used to be they only wanted to know who I was now. When you begin college it’s your chance to start over and be the person that you want to be, not the one you were in high school.

If you want to attend Cardinal Stritch University you need to be a dedicated student who is willing to put forth effort and hard work in all of their classes. Stritch offers small class sizes which helps your professors get to know you on an individual basis. Stritch gives you many opportunities to work in groups as well as individually. If you are planning to attend Stritch be prepared to work hard for your degree, but in the end it will pay off when you see the results from your education at Cardinal Stritch University.

If you are the type of person who prefers to sit back and let others take the lead, Cardinal Stritch University probably wouldn't be the best fit for you. Professors expect their students to work hard and participate at all times. The encourage an open learning environment to maximize student opportunities for participation and discussion. The professors at Stritch set high expectations for their students that are attainable if you put forth the effort. If you are not willing to put in the effort or hard work that comes with earning your degree, Stritch would not be for you.

Leah

Knowing iwhat I know now from when I was High School if i could go back I would want to get a trade in nursing so i can land a Job instead I'm going to school online but i still want to get a trade so I will be able work .

Erin

CSU is best known for it's business and nursing programs: one of the best schools in southeast Wisconsin for those disciplines, actually. This, and the caring community of students and faculty that walk the halls. We're proud to show others the "Stritch Experience" to communities all over the US.

Do. Be. But don't "do" for just anything. And don't "be" your old self. All my big, future plans were fueled by the money our family didn't have when I was growing up, and by fierce determination to prove doubters wrong. I wish I would have know then that the only person I had to prove wrong… was myself. Don't let yourself get the best of you, your own worst enemy. Make mistakes for you. Become what you want to become, for you. And be. Take the great aspects of yourself, your kindness and generosity, and expand them. Find the things you don't like about yourself (fear, timidity, etc), and crush those traits with crazy, positive learning experiences. Find friends who will help you with the task, too. Have the courage to travel (to Europe! Alone!). Give up the comfy, secure job to do something "crazy". And after 5 years of being out of school, go back to get your masters in arts administration. But don't let it take you as long as it took me. Do and be anything you want to do and be. Just allow it of yourself.

Parts of the the campus (a few remaining classrooms and some of the res halls) are a little outdated. But that issue is being remedied steadily as the school grows.

Jen

I enjoyed attending the University of Phoenix. Classroom sizes are small, instructors are nice and helpful

Dear Jen, What were you thinking when you thought going to college wouldn't matter? You are now 41, the mother of three and attempting to work, manage a family and attend college. It would have been so much easier if you would have went after high school. Don't wait! Just imagine how things could be different; rather than working below your potential because you didn't have a degree- you could have had a career, been doing better financially, and had a brighter future. Please go to college, don't take a chance on your future again.

The individualized education experience I am receiving

Jerod

You should apply for scholarships as soon as possible! Don't wait. Start early. Make sure to speak with someone in your prospective department about what professions students have achieved because they attended the department at your university. Ask about class sizes. Ask about the availability of personal one-on-one attention with professors. If one or neither of these options are available, then you need to make a decision about your learning environment at the university I attend. Do you like big class sizes? Do you like less attention from professors? Make sure to research the school you wish to attend before applying. You can usually find most of the research you need at the university's website. If you're looking to go into music, make sure to observe Youtube videos online of ensemble or soloist work from students, past or present, from the university you're applying to. If you don't like what you hear, the university you're applying to may not be the one for you.

A person should attend this school if they enjoy small class sizes and personal one-on-one attention with professors. They should attend this school if they enjoy a competitive yet caring environment, small campus atmosphere, and professors who push you to succeed. They should also attend this institution if they are in any way spiritual or are interested in attending an institution which promotes the Franciscan values of creating a caring community, reverencing all of creation, making peace, and showing compassion.

I brag about the small class sizes, available activities to be a part of during the week, one-on-one learning with the professors, and the great atmosphere of the music department here on campus. The music department is very helpful at Cardinal Stritch University. They help musicians and composers alike through funding for recitals and concerts. They also help students with scholarship searches and with their classes or grades if they have any questions. They go out of their way to help students succeed.

Anissa

When I came to the school I was hesitant because it was so small and I wasn't sure if it would be the right fit for me. Eventually I learned that the small population helped me meet almost everyone and it is very convinient to study and to also be involved in multiple things around campus.

I think that most of the popular events would be some of the hall events when people gather to do different activities with other kids who stay on campus, but of course even commuters are welcome! Also we have lots of groups such as: Psychology club, Spanish club, and different student orginizations. It is nice because if there is a group that we don't offer, you are always welcome to start one!

The students at Cardinal Stritch University are very open. We accept everybody and we are always willing to make friends. It was great coming to such a caring college because unlike high school, you are able to sit where ever you want with who you want without being judged. It is very free sailing here at Stritch and we are always welcoming more students everyday!

Since we have such a small population here at Stritch it is so much better in small classes because each professor is able to know your name and have more time to interact with every student one on one. My favorite class is psychology so far. I haven't had so much interest in a class before. It doesn't even feel like a class because the professor makes the material so fun and easy to learn. Students here at Cardinal Stritch probably study on a daily basis. Everytime I go into the library I see kids everywhere working on homework. At the moment I am undecided in my major but I am hoping by taking more classes I will eventually find what I am most interested in doing in the future.

Personally, I think at Cardinal Stritch University we have such a respectful and caring enviroment and I can't say that I have heard any types of stereotypes. We are taught to accept everyone as they are.

Jean

The uniqueness about this program is that it is an accelerated program. Classes are 6-8 weeks long, meeting one night a week for four hours. You earn 3-4 credits per class.

As I high school senior, I would recommend attending college when you are ready. Not everyone is ready for college right after high school. When you are ready to attend, you will be able to have the drive that is needed to succeed. Doing well in college requires dedication, prioritization, committment, and being able to stay focus. If you do go to college right after high school, there are alot of choices that must be made. Your parents are not right there telling you what is right or wrong. It is your decision whether it is a good choice or not. You must remember your values and make the choice that you know is right regardless of the peer pressure and trying to fit in. College is important and you will learn an amazing amount in a short time that will benefit you for the rest of your life!

The kind of person that should not attend this school as an adult learner is someone who does not like to do research and write papers. There also is alot of group projects. You must plan on spending at least 2 hrs per week with your group members.

Brenda

I have not gotten the maximum experience of college but that is due to my circumstances. Being a full time single mother of two children (both under the age of 12) takes precident. It is more important for me to care and provide form my children than to participate in a lot of the extra curricular activites porvided by the college. Although I have not participated in the extra curricular activites by the college there are a few things that I could do with my children on the campus. One of which would be free movie night. For me it is valuable to attend my classes so I can provide a better future for my kids and provide a good example for them aswell.

Nothing very negative regarding this school....my only issue is that some of the activities that I would be interested in participating in happen later at night and I am not available to participate due to being a non traditional student with kids to care for.

Both traditional and no traditonal persons....but the non traditional students need to make sure they have the suport system in place to succed in school.

Joannie

Cardinal Stritch is best known for its Fransiscan values, helpfulness and flexible scheduling. The Fransiscan values are as follows: Creating a caring community, Showing Compassion, Reverencing all of Creation, and Making peace. They teach the core of these values but do not exclude other religious beliefs in their students.

When I selected Cardinal Stritch as the college to complete my further education, I chose their program because it fit into my schedule and I knew how much they cared about me as an individual. I have made some life long friends in both the fellow students as well as in the teachers and staff at Cardinal Stritch. I have experienced some medical difficulties which has resulted in eye surgery. The staff was more than helpful and oh so caring. I would not have made it through my medical difficulties still on track for my education at any other campus. I am still in the first year of my program but I forsee the Bachelors Degree in Business Management backed by the name of Cardinal Stritch to be a powerful degree to have on my resume for my career advancement.

I personally attend the Madison, Wisconsin campus so I tend to get emails about topics more specific to the day to day student life of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin campus. I am an enrolled in their program for working adults and take one class at a time which meets one night a week. There is a high volume of homework inbetween classes so you must be self-disciplined in order to accomplish good grades.

Cardinal Stritch University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.