Poteau, OK
Carl Albert State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carl Albert State College

Roxanne

It's a good place to go that has affordable tuition and easy for anyone to come to better themselves. The teachers are great and like to help their students and you feel safe here. I have been here for two years and it is a good place to be and I know my education will benefit from this college.

Audra

I would tell my younger self not to worry about fitting in and to just be yourself. It doesn't matter what other people think of you; it only matters what you think of you. I would also say that you shouldn't be afraid to speak your mind in your classes and around campus just because you believe differently than the majority of people. And also to not be afraid to stand up to the bullies (yes, there are still bullies in college). I would tell my younger self to take chances and try every new experience available, because you only live once and your years at college will fly by. I would also say to accept every one around you and all their differences. Everyone has feelings and try your best not to hurt anyone; always have compassion for others. I would also say to believe in yourself and never doubt that you can achieve anything you set your mind to.

I believe the best thing is that is an affordable college. I couldn't afford to go straight to a university so I applied for scholarships here and recieved them. The price is very affordable.

People who are only interested in going to college to party should not attend here or any other college for that matter. Each semester dozens of students are caught using alcohol and are asked to leave the campus. The campus police are very strict and catch almost every partier.

katherine

I would tell myself to not go to the big university that I first went to because it was a mistake, the campus was to big and ther was too much going on and I had anaxiety going to classes because they were so large, as well as staying away from early morking classes because I pay attetion the best late mornings and in the afternoon. As well as how to apply for scholorships which was a process that mystified me untill quite recently. I would also try to calm my fears of coming out to my parents because they do not care about my prefrences to love me and I should not be worried.

Because it is such a small campus it allows for personal time with the teachers if you have questions or problems with assignments.

The campush is small so there are not a lot of options for books and suplies. There are also very few work study opportunities and none in my department of study. The communication department is very small and few students choose to take the courses which means that if there is not enough intrest then the classes get dropped.

Carl Albert State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.