Pittsburgh, PA
Carlow University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carlow University

Chanessa

Carlow University is a great women centered school with small classes to give personal attention too students so they can obtain their goals in the class room, it is blocked in as a community of its own, but when you step off campus, there is another world of excitement.

Calm down. I know this process seems like a burden rather than a great experience. Try your hardest to do well on the SAT's. Your SAT scores can take you a long way. Not only can these scores determine your admittance, but they may also allow you to skip taking a class or two that your future friends may have to take. But believe me, applying early to colleges is a great step and might even reduce your stress level that most high school seniors experience when their nearing the end. The more you take this seriously, the better chances you have of going where you want to in life. This year is truly your first step in taking control of your future. Now, when you finally get to the college of your choice, or to the college that accepted you, stay focused. Know that having fun and partying is great and everything, but your work comes first. Because, of course you can party for those few years, but what is more important is the years after graduation. I have learned that hard work, and involvement in activities will continue to benefit me. Be a life long learner buddy.

Carlow University empowers women, so a great candidate for this school would be a young women who plans to strengthen her skills, communication, networking, and finally becoming a completely cultured individual.

Rebecca

The best advice I could possibly give myself would be to always take things in stride, never allowing myself to get behind or overwhelmed. College is a journey, one that must be walked out everyday to its utmost. I would warn myself that wasting time will only add to the general stress of school, and can cause my overall ability to not be as strong. Focus on learning all the information needed, not just the bare essentials. College is nothing like high school in that I must work harder than I ever have. High school, especially during my senior year, was tough, especially knowing I would soon be going to a university where I knew no one. I came from a small high school where I knew everyone and everyone knew me. College is not like that at first, but knowing what I know now, I would encourage myself to be confident in who I am. Putting away all shyness and just being who I am is the best way to make new friends and make a smooth transition from high school to college. But other than that I would remind myself to enjoy the journey that I am on.

All of the faculty and staff are extremely helpful, no matter what the issue. If someone cannot answer a certain question, they refer you to someone who can. And across the board, everyone is so kind and obliging. Also, the campus and class sizes are relatively small compared to other universities. It is a plus because the teachers can give more individualized attention whenever necessary. All of my teachers know me by name, allowing me to feel very comfortable and important, rather than just a random face in a huge crowd of teenagers and students.

Even though the major percentage of students are female, anyone can attend Carlow University. By that I mean anyone who is driven and dedicated to obtaining a good education. The classes and professors are wonderful, but challenging. Focus and determination are requisites for attending this school. But for this reason, it is a wonderful environment to learn in because the students are all very determined to work hard to gain and earn their education. Carlow University is the perfect school for anyone who greatly values their education and wants to ensure they receive the best.

Kara

Carlow University is a small school whose students are helpful, respectful, driven, and successful.

Carlow is a very small, Catholic, primarily women's college. The campus is very quiet and fellow students are very respectful of each other. Carlow is a great learning environment.

First and foremost, look for scholarships. It is never to early to prepare for the hundreds of thousands of dollars that college will cost. Second, this is not high school anymore. You are being held to a new, much higher standard. You have to work longer and study harder. Don't be afraid to ask professors for help...that is what they are there for. Finally, have fun. College is when you discover who you are. This does not mean go out partying the night before a big exam. It means don't get so lost in the academics that you forget who you are. Take a Saturday night off and go have fun. College can be the best four years of your life.

Carlow is a small school in an enriching learning environment located in the center of a booming, busy city.

When looking at colleges, make sure to look around. Look at schools close to home, far away, and in between. You might think you know what you want, but until you actually visit the college in person you will have no clue. Another good idea would be to set up an overnight visit with the college, by doing so, one is able to get the whole feel of a college experience from dorm life, the cafeteria, and classes. Make a pro and cons list of all the schools you visited to see which school is the best for you. Also be sure to take not of the actually courses the schools offer, job opportunities in the surrounding city, off campus activities, and campus life. In order to make the most of your college experience, make sure to keep you academics your first priority, but be sure to have fun. Get involved in various activities, try something new, and make lots of friends. Remember college is the start to a new part of your life, and you have the chance to be whoever or whatever you want to be.

Since Carlow is a smaller school the amount of course availability is usually an issue. Also they only offer some classes at certain times which may or may not fit into an idividual's schedule. This becomes difficult, especially if you have a very strict schedule to follow in order to graduate in 4 years.

Carlow was a private college for years but now a university. They are mainly an all female school. They have the best nursing programs in Pittsburgh with the highest and best graduates that come out of Carlow.

The student going to college should look carefully into every college they are interested in and then pick the college that they think will be the right one for them as far as classes, location and the opportunities that they will encounter during their school years and the benefits that they will receive to make them better people in the future and better to serve their community in life.College is just a start in life and everyone no matter what their financial situation is deserves to make themself a better and happier person by getting the career that they want.

That Carlow is a well rounded school and that the teachers are great, we learn more than alot of the other colleges in the area for the same classes that we take. The school is a high quality well rounded school that anyone that gets into Carlow should be proud of. I can not wait until I can say I graduated from Carlow University.

Maria

A place where learning is the main focus.

A place where learning is the main focus.

You need to find a place where you are most comfortable. A place that will not only help you acheive career goals but also make you happy. Colege is a big part of our lives and what we learn there we will take with us for the rest of our lives. Whether its in the classroom or from the friends that we make.

Its not very fun? There just arent many fun things to do unlss you go down the street to Pitt

Nikki

When looking for the right college you really need to look at who you are and where you come from. People feel most comfortable and open in a place they are able to feel at home, which enables the learning. Not all people want to live on a campus, but you still need to find that place that really overcomes you when being there. You have to like the overall core values of the school and be able to want to do that to feel like you belong. That's what helps in finding the right college. When making the most of your college experience you need to really open yourself to growth in a new way. There is nobody to tell you when to get up or do your work. To succeed you have to motivated. To reach that level you have to want to be there and enjoy the people you are around. Somebody once told me that you go to college to find your bridesmaid not your groom. That is true to college life, you create bonds so strong with the ones around that it isn't just learning it is gaining a long term bond.

The thing I hate most is that Carlow is a primarliy female school. So you are usally interacting with females alll day. There are some men but usually you may never have a male in class. I think it would be harder as a male to really grow and develop in a school that really promotes women.

I just love having small classes, because it makes me at home. I came from a small school so it was easier to adjust. The classes being small allows students to get help from the professor. It also enables us to become friends with others allowing us to form study groups to help with anything we may need help on. If I didn't form bonds with the professors and students I don't know how I would be able to grow and develop here for my major.

Laura

Mostly blond, white, and upper middle class females, though there are many african american girls as well, Carlow is prodominatly white.

It's a small women's college that is easy to get around and the teachers tend to be friendly.

Crista

Flaming liberal professorswho teach you to think like them.

Flaming liberal professorswho teach you to think like them.

Try to visit colleges that allow you to sit in on classes because that is the only way you will see what the college is really like. Also if you are not happy after one year with your school, transfer then because its much easier to transfer credits

Carlow University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.