Pittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carnegie Mellon University

Noah

Ultmately I find the most valuable part of my time in college has been the people I've met. I feel blessed to have met a group of individuals who are so passionate about their art and education that they are willing to go beyond the classroom to learn those skills that are important to them. We learned so much from one another and without them, my time at college might have been a total waste.

In my program I was particularly dissapointed by the faculty's reluctance to accept student opinions and allow students to explore topics and projects that interested them. My colleagues and I suffered a great deal of resistance when we attempted to take on a project like this.

The school is filled with Geeks and Nerds and in general takes great pride in that. Anyone who has a problem with Geeks or Nerds should probably steer clear.

abigail

I haven't been in too many college experiences, I graduated high school in 2009. I went to a vocational school my junior and senior year of high school. I have been working in a salon doing hair. I want to get a business degree, and further my education. I do know when I've visited colleges that I've learned an unbelievable amount on differnent aspects of life . You have to be focused on why your there, and realize that college is'nt about having the most fun. My goals are to be the best that i can be and to get the best education, I can contain. The more education a person has, the more opportunities are given to them. Education is so valuable to have because no one can take it away from you, you will know what you know no matter what! I have the drive and the determination to go the extra mile, and in college your going to have to take the extra mile more than once. I hope that i will succeed with greatness, and love every minute of it!

I admit that while attending Carnegie Mellon I was not always satisfied. I felt humbled to be around so many classmates who were intelligent, academic-oriented overachievers. It was overwhelming to be around people who had the same educational values and work ethic as mine. But looking back on the experience, I am grateful that I attended. College life allowed me to become more independent and more responsible. Since I was living away from home and from my parents, I developed better time management skills in order to tackle my large workload and make time for a social life. I had to take care of buying groceries, cooking meals, and doing laundry, which made me appreciate that my parents work during the day and still have time to take care of my brother and me and household chores. Aside from growing up and maturing while at school, I discovered that the most valuable part of Carnegie Mellon is its community. The professors and alumni really want students to succeed. When applying to graduate school, my professors were more than happy to write my recommendations, and when reaching out to alumni, the alumni offered me helpful advice.

Heather

I have been privledged to attend three excellent campuses in the Central Ohio area. My college experience has allowed me to expand my career from social work and psychotherapy into nursing. I have been awarded the opportunity to learn with a diverse range of professionals in many different areas of expertise. Had I not attended college, I would have missed the opportunity to connect with this wonderful group of educators and fellow students. The boundaries of my education have been expanded in ways I could not imagine before I attended. Not only has enriching my education allowed my salary to grow, it has also opened doors for other experiences, such as travelling to underprivledge areas to provide care. The college experience has allowed me to expand my horizons and become a well-rounded, knowledgeable, and compassionate caregiver to those in need of assistance, now in social work and soon in medicine.

Tim

Thus far, hard work and dedication. I have always been committed to my work, but going the extra mile is really worth it when your in a school like this. The reason I am even filling out this is so I can attend summer courses offered as well as continue my education.

Anyone who is highly motivated to succeed and learn. It takes a large committment on your part to take something away from this school, but I believe that it will definately be worth it.

Personally, I could not be happier with my school. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am very glad I am where I am today.

Adam

I would tell myself not to be concerned about what others think, including faculty, unless I respect their opinions. I would rely more on my intuition and the advice of those who care about me. I would concentrate on learning and less on grades. I would spend more time cultivating friendships.

Natalie

Decide what things define who you are and hold on to these things more tightly than you hold onto your slowly shrinking piggy bank! If you do not decide ahead of time where to draw the line when it comes to changing who you are, you will become someone that is merely a reflection of all of the people who influence you. College may be about redefining yourself, but always remember that your past defines you as you begin to experiment with who you are.

Someone who loves what they are pursuing

The workload is crazy! You get used to it, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

Jocelyn

Most students on campus are very caught up in their studies and frequently uninterested in helping others.

Very diverse group of people which is usually a good thing. A big downfall is that the diversity is frequently overpowered by everyone's awkwardness and that creates a gap. Also the different schools have little to no interaction with each other.

It is important to really take the time to consider all of your options. Being caught up in the love for your high school is not an excuse for not putting in the effort when looking for a college. While you may get into a great school with a great reputation you should not base you decision on that alone. Additionally choosing a school for financial reasons is never a good choice. It is so important to visit the schools and get a student's perspective. Within the first few minutes of being on a campus you will know if you can be happy there. College is about developing your social skills just as much as it is improving your academics. If you don't feel comfortable, you will never achieve your personal best in anything. I was the student who had everything going for them in high school however my lack of effort towards making the right decision for college resulted in a lot of second guessing my first year. The name on the diploma means far less if you didn't actually use the four years to find out more about yourself and develop as a human being.

Jacob

My school is best known for its School of Computer Science, It's School of Science, it's School of Engineering, and College of Fine arts. The School of Bussiness is also one of the top ranked.

The worst thing about my school is probabaly how busy people sometimes seem to get. It can get pretty stressful but, at the same time, you always want to do more and don't have enough time for it.

If I could go back and give myself some advice as a high school senior, I guess the first piece of advice that I would have to administer would be: ?Don't worry about all of these stresses that you go through. One day, they will all be worth it...? I'd say, ?Please, don't lose sight of who you currently are and ? even when others bring you down for voicing your opinion ? even still, deliver your voice; help others find theirs. Make sure not to keep your aims on simply making a living, but instead, on enriching the world. Strive to improve yourself in any way you can. Know that all the experiences which you will have ? even the bad ones ? are experiences that you have to have if you are going to help others from them. Learn from your mistakes, and give others the gift of learning from your them as well. BE BOLD but, don't disrespect people in the process. Just go for it ?shoot for the sky ? because even if you lose, you won't lose the lesson. If even but a little, I hope this advice can help you nonetheless...?

Katherine

Looking back, I do not think I had the traditional college experience. As my friends raved about parties and discovering a new social life, I often found myself questioning my own choices and experiences here at Carnegie Mellon, one often filled with more anxiety than alcohol. However, now finishing my most rigorous year yet, I've come to realize that many of original doubts about college were in fact just a fear of not being like everyone else. Some are born to jump into new experiences like a hot tub, while others inch in as if any change in movement would suddenly turn the water into ice. And I, without a doubt, am the latter. My high school senior always regarded this self reflection as something to hide. As if, not jumping immediately, was cowardly. But having learned more about myself than I could've ever imagined in these past years, I have realized something great. Taking the time to appreciate new experiences requires great patience and also a great deal of confidence. To my high school self, life is not a race. And if nothing else, entering the hot tub slowly can only show off your swimsuit even more.

Someone who is motivated and hard-working. It would also help if that person had a strong idea of what kind of career he/she wants to pursue.

We work the hardest, and have the highest rate of employment after graduation.

Carnegie Mellon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.