Carrington College-Boise Top Questions

Jeremy

Take the opportunity to take the college courses offered to you free of charge while in high school. Go to college during your junior and senoir years in high school by selecting the post-secondary courses offered. All you have to do is pay for the books. This will save you alot of time and money in your very near future. Get involved in more clubs, sports and apply for scholarships while in high school. Don't let two more years fly by without taking the wonderful opportunities that are available to you. You have to believe in yourself and your dreams. Just like mom always said, " you can accomplish anything you want in life but don't expect it to come knocking at your door, you have to go for it - don't hold back." You need to make the right decisions right now to be the best at whatever you choose to do with your life. Life will pass by very fast don't waste it, be successful. Get an education so you can have a good career and live the best life possible. Make a decision and go for it.

Tiara

I would give myself a serious reality check. When I was a senior I was three credits away from graduating and threw it all away. I went and got married and had beautiful children however I made it hard on myself to live life to what it was supposed to be. I would tell myself " Self life isn't easy and it isnt going to get easier but the harder you push yourself the better the outcome will be and you can take care of yourself and not feel like your being co-deendent on anyone else. Life is short and you need to make the most of it while your here. And even if you don't feel like pressing on just push through get all your paperwork done and you'll find that life has an unsusected suprise for you waiting. " For me, I had no ne telling me that it could be so easy if I just hung in there and for me I believe my life could have been different with that advice. But with all that has been I am not either ashamed of where I came from just ready to learn from it.

Mayra

Avoid popular schools that are known for their athleticism like BSU. If you plan to participate in a sport, then go to these schools and you will likely be able to get a sport scholarship. Go to a school that wants you to get a great job from your degree in the end, that is all that matters. Research and talking to former students is a plus. I went to three different colleges and changed my degree choice so many times because I was not satisfied with what little I learned after a semester and the quality of school despite what each one had to offer. Your one of those people who likes a small class and likes to be able to talk to your instructor for advice. Its okay to take a career assesement to figure out what you truly like to do for a career. You'll be surprised how a couple visits to any college or university can change your impression about the place. Otherwise dont stop at highschool, college has some perks and pains but its worth the time and money.

Stephen

I would convince myself that the pursuit of education is not a sprint, but rather a marathon. An outdated statistic stated that the average college student changed their major 7 times before finding the career that suited them best. I am 26 years old & will be in school the next 7 years of my life, be in residency for 3-5 years after that & I am more excited than ever before to have found out who I am. I have the need to help others & hope to use my talents to teach, heal & continue to learn for the rest of my life. For those who found their path early in life, I imagine they feel fortunate, but it is never too late to begin anew. Do something that makes you happy, wake up every morning excited to be one step closer to your goal & most of all help those around you because life is never as satisfying as when you use your gifts to improve the lives of others. I can't say I believe in destiny, per se, but for now, I feel that I am right where I am supposed to be & that is all that matters.