Carrington College-Sacramento Top Questions

June

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to be happy and enjoy that last year also to stay at my high school. Even though I had the opportunity to walk the stage with my home school I ended high school with Sacramento Accelerated Academy but originally I had attended Hiram Johnson High School. I would have told myself to stay and push myself to finish no matter how hard it was. I would have joined clubs and get really involved with my school take all the opportunities that I had and not just settle for less I would have applied to universities and talked to my counselors more often. I would have told myself to play the sports that I loved and not pay attention to what any of my friends had to say Knowing all the knowledge that I have gained in college I would have shared with myself things like to actually pay attention in math class because it was only going to get harder or to take the tutoring in science and biology because there would be a whole lot of that in college.

Corey

I would tell my self to act fast and no matter what happens in life you will always be able to fall back on your education. I would also say to keep up on my class work because that will help improve my ability in later aspects of life. Another tip i would tell myself is to help out more in the community because there are so many people out there willing to help out a friendly person in need, and it helps build character and makes you feel good about yourself and your town. I would also have to say to always keep your head up and follow your dream, and to not let anyone tell you that you cant because if you want it you can make it happen.

Camille

If I could go back in time as talk to myself in high school about college and making the transition, I would have to tell myself to meet with an academic counselor early, know the general classes you need to take that matter, avoid electives that do not go towards your degree until all required classes have been taken. Submit to more scholarships and grants instead of using a student visa. I would tell myself to go home regularly or stay at home, also to join a study group to avoid getting overwhelmed. Do not look for work until your senior year of college, stay focused on the prize. Avoid relationships, take your time at school seriously. Last, but not least, enjoy myself. Don't just go to school, experience it.

Kaylee

The best advice that I would be able to give myself is dont procrastinate, Start college right out of high school so that you will be able to do the things you want to with your life. Get your assignments done, if not on time before they are due, Take notes on everything even if you think its not worth taking a note on. Don't spend your money on things you do not need, budget and save so that your not put into a rough spot when you need it the most. Life is short, have fun with it, even if your school work is stressing you out take the time to breath. Things will come to you so much easier.

Jesi

Jesi, if I could tell you anything it is to manage your time better than you usually do. You will juggle at least one job while going to school. It will absolutely take up most of your time; it has to. I know you like to take on a lot of activities, but school work will have to come before all of it. Your class will be so much fun, anyway, that the homework doesn't take much time at all. Also, especially because of how busy you will be, do not be afraid to ask for help. At Western Career College, there are a lot of people willing to help you with anything you need; even the students are willing to give you as much help as you need. If you stick to better time management and asking for more help you will do perfectly fine with your scholastic career.