Carroll College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Carroll College

Sam

Graduating w/ honors despite long-time administration is enmeshed and dysfunctional. Ergo, confirm every agreement or promise Carroll makes in writing. Freshmen Beware: Director-of-Academic-Support-AnWal was no better than a used car salesman who lies to your face. VP-Academic-Affairs-CDay covers up professors who bully and abuse. Head of resident life selects mentally unhealthy staff. Carroll administrators and tenured staff circle the wagons and reject the fact that they are in the wrong and in fact damaging. Carroll is pricey; students deserve to be treated like human beings not chattel. (Shocking and hypocritical from a "Christ"-ian school.) There needs to be an impartial OMBUDSMAN available to assist, otherwise students experiencing a problem with the staff are thrown under the bus as quickly as possible. Most professors are good and care (adjunct professors are paid horribly and not treated well). Not a place for any type of disabilities. Most students are nice; area is pretty.

Ryanne

I love Carroll College. As a current student, I encourage all potential Future Saints' to take a tour of campus and stay overnight with a host. Carroll offers a wonderful experience for all those who attend. Our school motto is "Not for school, but for life." This saying sounds very cliche, and to some degree is, but I can attest to this motto. I have met some of my best friends at Carroll and I wouldn't change anything about my Carroll experience. All the staff, faculty, and current students are all welcoming and there is never a dull moment on campus. The academics are great, the environment is very friendly, and I believe that if you choose to attend Carroll, you will not only have walked into a great school who is going to prepare you for the future, but you will also have walked into a loving and caring family that is going to be there for the rest of your life. I would encourage everyone to attend Carroll College.

Anna

Overall, Carroll College provides a good education, mostly involved teachers, life long friends, and good experiences. Although the cost is high, it is definitely worth it to go here. There are always improvements to be made at every institution, and it seems like Carroll has been hearing what the students are saying and trying to make those changes possible.

Alyssa

Carroll College has a lot to offer. Even though it is a very small school, it is still academically renowned, and they have a lot of confidence in their students. They promote the idea of a campus community, allowing professors, faculty, and students to all be a part of it.

Hailey

Overall, Carroll College is a great school and there are lots of things to do. The town of Helena is very safe and I always feel safe when I am on campus. The school is small, which means that class sizes are small and you are able to connect more with your professors. This is nice because they are always willing to help, in or outside the classroom. The school also cares a lot about academics and there are many resources available if you need help. There are many different clubs to join and you can even start your own, all you have to do is ask. The students are all so friendly and welcoming which makes it easy to make friends. I am glad that I chose to go to school here and I am looking forward to spending four years here.

Carroll is a very welcoming environment and is perfect for those looking for opportunities for one on one interactions with professors. The small class size and the fact that there are no TAs teaching the course make the communication between the students and teachers very positive and helpful for both parties. Carroll offers many extra-curricular activities despite its small size and there is an opportunity for everyone to be involved in something, which is a great way to enjoy current friends and make new ones. Carroll is a great school because of all these and the fact that it has been ranked #1 in Montana for the past 15 years.

Carroll College is a great academic choice for anybody. The campus is welcoming to all and has a great diversity. The professors are extremely helpful and want to see students succeed. The campus has many resources for academic excellence and is centered around faith. There are many options for academic majors in paths allowing students to create a unique opportunity for themselves. I can honestly say that Carroll College is a great college. The only thing that truly needs to be changed is mandatory on campus living for 2 years and the meal plans. Carroll College currently uses Sodexo Foods and has some of the worst Campus food I have ever tasted. Despite these downsides, Carroll has many other perks to out way the bad and is an amazing school.

Anna

I love it. It is an institution that is helping me to become the person I desire to be. Carroll College has helped me become myself and a self that I am proud of. The professors are always there for the students and truly just want to help the students succeed and grow in their knowledge. My mind has been stretched and my ideas challenged, and I am better for it. The activities and the people that I have met in Helena have been incredible. I would not be where I am today without them and this school. Carroll has become my home.

If you like the mountains, snow that won't stop falling, and classes so small it makes your high school seem giant, then you're going to love Carroll. Carroll College is by far one of the finest pre-med schools in the west. While it does seem to be in the middle of nowhere it is a gem nestled among the mountains. 2 hours to the west you have Missoula, a fun, trendy city, to the east you have Bozeman, a quieter version of Missoula, to the west you have Great Falls, the windy city, and to the south you have Butte, filled with history of Montana. Helena, while it seems remote is the center of Montana where it takes less than a few hours to reach the National Parks, many ski resorts, and public lands for hiking, fishing, and hunting. The school itself is small. That makes it wonderful. You get to know your teachers one on one, making it easier to ask questions and turn to for advice. You get to know your classmates very well, leading to create life long friends with many of them. The teachers here also care. If you don't appear to class for a few days they begin to wonder and check up on you to make sure you're ok. You get a great education, wonderful experiences, top notch professors, and a closely knit community while still enjoying the beauty of Montana.

Therese

Carroll College is a very small school. If you are from a large city it might be a culture shock. Most students are from smalltown Montana, Washington, and Idaho. Caring professors and personalized help. Lots of outdoor activities. You know most people on campus on a friendly basis.

Jade

I love campus life. The classes are small and the professors are always willing to meet with you to answer questions. Advisors are also easily accessible. Some of the facilities are old but aren't they at all colleges. There is a new gym and the administration works well with students.

daniela

Overall, I love being a student at Carroll. I think it is a great institution for education and experience. The ratio from class to student is perfect for one on one time with professors which definitely adds a positive note to excelling in classes. The only downfall of the college is the excessive price of tuition.

Abigail

Carroll College provides an abundant amount of opportunities to engage fruitfully with others while challenging yourself academically. The class size is small, but it allows for great conversation and personal connection with the professors. There is also several activities to do and clubs to join in the welcoming community.

Caroline

Carroll College provides students with an amazing learning environment made up of small class sizes, available and helpful teachers who come to know you personally, and a community full of opportunities and support. The new facilities like the workout center and chapel are gorgeous, and there are many activities and clubs for students to choose from. Overall, Carroll College is a supportive, rigorous place which encourages personal growth and exploration.

Delaney

Carroll College is one of the best colleges I could have found for myself. There are super small class sizes, the professors are completely approachable both in and out of class, and it reminds me of my hometown. We are a small community in a "big" city (it's big for me, but not really to a lot of kids here).

Kaden

Excellent College academically, small class size provides for good student-teacher interaction. The teachers want you to succeed so they take the time to help you out. The College is in a beautiful location which provides lots of outdoor recreation opportunities.

Logan

The college has lived up to all of my expectations and the way it was advertised. It is more expensive than many of the other colleges in Montana, but I think it is worth it. My average class size is about 15-30 kids, which I personally like. Some people think the college is similar to a large high school, but I personally am enjoying my time at Carroll College.

Matthew

I had a good undergraduate career here. Helena is a nice town, I came from the Seattle area and enjoyed the small feel of the town. It still had enough of a social scene to find things to do or be apart of. Particularly the downtown area, lots of bars/restaurants within walking distance of each other. Many of the surrounding neighborhoods rented out rooms to the college kids and lots of people would walk from their houses to class. I thought the small class sizes were nice - the biggest class I had would've been maybe 50 students and the smallest maybe 8.

John

Carroll is a fantastic school but the pre med program is overrated and outdated. Come to this school if you want a great education, but do not come solely for the pre med program. The advisor is not helpful and the statistics are inflated/not entirely true. The professors here are great, but you will earn your way into medical school entirely on your own and do not expect to receive the help the school advertises in the process. I would come here again in a heartbeat but wish I had known this before starting college.

I believe that Carroll College holds up to their motto "Not for school, but for life". The education is excellent especially considering the fact that most of the class sizes are very small and the professors go the extra mile in order to help their students succeed. It is a close knit and welcoming community where there is a place for everyone.