Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

Kira

If I could talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to have confidence in myself and my abilities. I entered college shy and unsure of myself and have since then developed my self-confidence and I feel it has positively impacted my life. I would tell my past self that you will find a group of friends who will embrace and accept you for the person you are and will become, and all you have to do is be yourself. Don't change for expectations or because you feel it will help you be more social. Your friends and peers will like you for who you are, not who you feel you should be. Embrace the person you are and don't be afraid to express yourself. Your new friends will look beyond the imperfections you feel you possess and will help you to do the same. Their friendship and love will open a new chapter in your life where you learn to love yourself and what you are capable of. Not everything in college will be easy nor will it be fun but your friends will help you make it through.

The person who should attend Carroll College is one who is motivated to suceed in their future career. Carroll helps students develop into the best they can be to truely achieve greatness when employed later in life. A person should also be open to new opportunities and culture when deciding to attend Carroll College because they put a lot of emphasis on cross cultural exposure. Most of all a person who decides to attend Carroll should be kind and open towards others. Carroll's community is based on mutual respect and kindness which everyone really values.

What I brag most about when I tell my friends about Carroll College is all of the opportunities it has provided me and will provide me throughout my career. I am exposed to so many new and interesting things both in and out of class and I feel it makes my school unique and unlike many other schools that I know of. Carroll College encourages its students to branch out and discover new things that they may not have been exposed to previously. Carroll College wants every student to achieve their full potential and have fun while they do it.

Angel

I would go back in time and tell myself to study up more on the mathematics side. As a biochemistry major, I had to take physical chemistry as a requirment. Had I mastered calculus at an earlier stage, I know p-chem would not have been as difficult. I would tell myself to be more friendly and more receptive to people. As a commuter, I don't have as many friends when compared to people who live on campus. However, the friends I do have I would never trade for anything in this world. I would advise myself to take the opportunity to be more involved in campus events. To take some time to relax and enjoy life. My choice of career has led to high-stress situations but the key is to not worry about getting the perfect grade. I would tell myself this, that as long as you strived your hardest and gave it your all, you should never be ashamed of what grade you get. What matters in the end is what you learned as a result, not some letter grade. Exeperiences matter more than grades and it took me this long to figure it out.

The best part of Carroll is the small class size as well as the friendly faculty and staff. The professors know you by name and you get enough time for your professors to really know you rather than some TA teaching you. Carroll provides a rich educational experience that rivals other schools. I chose to attend Carroll because of the small class size as well as the peaceful community that Carroll resides in.

One of the things I wished I had known before coming to Carroll is the parking situation. As a commuter, I rely on my car to get to campus. Parking is very competitive at Carroll.

Lindsay

Lindsay, I know you don't like school but I also know that you want to succeed. I know you just want to get a job and start working and quit school but that's not the best option for you. You need to go to school and get a degree so by the time your 23 you'll already have your degree and be out in the workforce with that degree. Experience is big but education is bigger, and you'll have experience with the Culinary Arts by the time you graduate from school with all the hands on learning you'll do. So from a money standpoint you can drop out now like you want to start earning money now. Or you can continue in your education and go to college for your degree and be making so much more than you could without a degree at the age of 23. It's worth it, believe me!

Although positions are often held by educated adults, there are opportunities for students to stepup and shoulder the responsibility, just a taste of what it would be like to hold that position as if you were already there. A college junior sat in amongst students although she wasn't there to learn what the rest of us were learning, she was learning to teach. I always thought highly of schools who both offer a sufficient education but also provides major-based internship opportunities so students may navigate themselves into the working world with a sense of proper preparation and independence.

Just because you don't see the lines dividing down the road does not mean that you have taken a wrong turn. You don't always know where you are, but that picture perfect image in your head of where you want to be just might be enough to guide you. On the way there, people will offer help when you need it, but many more will only have kindness and empathy to offer in the light of your misfortunes. My golden piece of advice to any all who seek answers: You can onl reach as far as you aspire to reach, and you can only aspire to reach as far as you can realistically fathom. Never set your expectations too high, and never set you priorities too low. Accept help when you need it, but do not forget that it iis your initiative that acts as a catalyst on your day's and your life's experiences. Be strong enough to blaze your own trail and to navigate your way throughout life's obstacles, but also be sensibile enough to know when to make exceptions and when to make sacrifice, and above all, when to trust your initiative instinct.

The lack of unity from one branch of management to another. Prior to attending school for the first time in the upcoming Spring semester, I was told that I would be contacted through the director of the housing department. Time came and went, I was growing increasingly anxious with the start of the semester looming in the upcoming week. I was able to make contact with the business office, but they knew nothing of the housing assignments. I believe information should be able to be obtained by members of the educational management departments for the sake of student conveniency.

Tawny

Carroll is an amazing campus that is located in beautiful Waukesha, Wi. Carroll offers many events throughout the year that appeal to a variety of people. I am currently in the Nursing program as well as a minor in Photography. I am greatful of the small class sizes that Carroll University has to offer. The small class size contributes to the added time that I have and spend with my instructors. Both of my program choices challenge me to think above and beyond what is in my text book. This has allowed me to tap into things that are original.

Being as though I am a mother and a wife now. I would have encouraged myself to attend school earlier in life. It has become extremely hard to juggle college, children, a job and a relationship. I have fought for my career this far and I am not giving up. I am too close. Back in high school I would have told myself to get into school earlier in life. However, now I am setting a great example for my children to hold tight and keep moving forward.

Matthew

The main point that I would give advice to my high school self is to be open to changes because you never know what will happen with life. I would tell my self not to be set on a major because you might take classes in that major or find out more information about the major and find out that it is not a good choice for you. I would also tell my self to choose a major based off a combination of what you love doing and what class you enjoyed most through out school. I would also tell myself to be open to finding new friendships, even if they are people that you would not hang out with in high school. I would tell myself that going to parties and drinking is not all as hyped as it really is and that he should save his money and not waste it on alcohol because in college you may find the love of your life and get married before you are done with college. To wrap up my advice, I would conclude with that you will learn alot about yourself by jsut being open to new ideas.

The best part about my school is the professors. Many of my professors have had experience working in the education field, allows them to be great resources for students and helps us students learn about what the education field is about and what to expect as a teacher. My teachers also have many connnections with individuals in the education and physical education field, which allows me to have many opportunities to be an intern or observe teachers in the field. My physical education professors also have many activity/sports books that act as a resource for lesson plans.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person who is looking to be active in their learning as well as a person who is open to laerning about new ideas. The individual should also be open to learning about different individuals either being different in age, race, culture, or religion. The person should also be open to different types of experiences such as observations in different schools and researching about topics that they do not know much about.

Kara

everyone knows each other but also stays away from those they do not like.

everyone knows each other but also stays away from those they do not like.

We were the first college in Wisconsin.

Everything will work out fine. Save your money and enjoy life to its fullest potential.

Dear Stephanie, As you're preparing to leave for college, it's important to remember who you are. College is a time to explore new things and meet new people. Don't let them change who you are. This is a time to discover yourself and turn into the person you wish to become. It is important to grow, but not to vere from your values. Don't be afraid to get out of your room and introduce yourself to new adventures. When they tell you to get involved, do it. That's how you're going to meet people. Be open to everyone and everything. You're going to run into a rough patch a few weeks into the sememster. Homesickness and depression will take over, but don't let it consume you. You will get the help you need, and everything will be okay. Kick out the negative thoughts, and remember why you are there and what you want to accomplish. You'll be faced with many new decisions, so listen to your heart to make the right choice. College can be a fun and exciting experience, so make the best of the time that you have there!

If you don't have your own car on campus, it is very difficult to get off of campus. They do not allow freshman to have cars on campus, unless you petition to have one here. A shuttle service is offered, but it only goes 1 mile away from campus. Downtown Waukesha is within walking distance, along with a few other places to visit; however, walking there in the winter can get very cold. Unfortunately, because it can be hard to get off of campus, it is possible to feel sort of trapped, and have no where to go.

Someone who is not accademically motivated should not attend carroll. The classes are of a difficult level, and the undergraduate programs are very competitive and in need of excellent grades. Carroll is also a very expensive school, so it would be important to apply for scholarships and loans if need be.

One thing unique about my school that I saw when I visited the first time was how friendly people were. When I was walking around, other students and people would smile and say hi. There was just an upbeat feeling to the school compared to the other schools I visited. People at Carroll are very friendly and when you ask questions, they want to help you.

I would say the worst thing about my school is that there isn't a lot of things to do on campus on the weekends besides hanging out with friends. Carroll has CU @ Night sometimes but they aren't that interesting for me.

Kathryn

The class mates that you meet at Carroll become more like friends than just study buddies. Since Carroll is a small school and we have small class sizes you get to know your classmates very well. Everyone at Carroll is very friendly and is will to help anyone.

Some unique things that Carroll has to offer for students is all of the clubs and organizations, they have a wide range from academic, volunteer or just for fun. Another thing that Carroll has to offer is the small class sizes, the small class sizes allow for students and professors to get to know each other better and have a one on one connection in some cases I even have some of my professors cell phone numbers and home phone numbers. The learning commons and Supplement instruction students are an added bonus that Carroll offers to students.

If I was able go back to my high school self and give myself advice on the do and do not of college I would start with the academic aspect of college. Everyone tells you that you need to study, but they do not tell you how to study. Studying is more than just going to the lecture and reading the material, to study affectively you still have to go to the lectures and read the given material but you also have to take addition time to make notecards and learn the vocabulary, and be able to fully explain the information to someone else’s. Another key thing that I have learned in college is time management, you have to be able to balance you academic life with you social life. If you study all of the time you will not enjoy your college experience, and if you have to much of a social life you grades will in turn suffer. To find this balance takes time but if you can learn early on how to study effectively and balance your social and academic schedule your college experience will be great and you will remember it forever.

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.