Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

Andrea

When looking for a college keep in mind the kind of education you want to recieve and how you best learn. If small classrooms and one on one time with your high school teachers was what fit you then I suggest looking for a small campus, probably a private school. Look into all the activities that are available for you on campus and off; talk to someone who has had experience there. Another factor may be can you live without people you know around you? Chances are if you're not going to attend a popular school the chances of already knowing people when school starts go down; do you connect with people easily? Take advantage of everything around you in school; never have a dull moment! In high school I always looked back and wished I had done this or that and it goes the same in college as well. These are the best years of your life and although they tend to be hard, you grow up a lot and learn a lot and find yourself here. Make the most of it so you don't overlook a part of you.

The amount, or lack thereof, of on campus jobs available for those of us who didn't make the "campus job required for finacial aid" group, but need it. We're basically told "tough luck."

Holly

Carroll College gives alot of individual attention to each student. Professors are easy to talk to and willing to take the time to help students with problems they may encounter. The classes are difficult but are designed to produce extraordinarily knowledgable graduates.

The most important thing to do when deciding what college to attend is to actually visit a variety of potential schools. I was certain I wanted to attend a large school, like UWM, but I toured Carroll and it seemed like the perfect fit! Don't go to any school just because that's where your friends are going or because a family member has gone there. The school you pick has to be right for you and the best way to deterrmine which college or universty might best suit your needs is to visit the school and talk to students or faculty if at all possible.

I wish I had known how far in debt I would become, I would have applied for more scholarships.

Go tour around! See all the possibilities, what money the school can offer you, and how many people graduate and have a job. I know I chose my school because I was guarenteed 4 years an no waiting lists.

The school is behind other schools in its' curriculum.

The school is behind other schools in its' curriculum.

My advice would be start early in selecting the college you want to attend. Your sophmore year in high school is not to early to start thinking about where you want to attend. Try to visit as many campuses as you can so you can see what the college offers. Apply to more than one college in case you do not get accepted to your first college choice. Work hard in high school and keep your grades up.

Eileen

Carroll College represents a proud heritage and excitment of change for the students in the future through academic challenges, extra- curricular activities along with various social aspects encountered.

Carroll College offers a variety of teaching techniques and attitiudes on how knowledge should be gained. At Carroll College, everything is not cut and dry meaning that the studnet is relied upon to put the various pieces of their own puzzle together to get the results of a college education and fitting in that is the social networking, bonds that someone will hopefully have in the future to rely upon.

Making the most of your college experience is essential in my opinion and throughout my own college career I have learned some values that I would like to pass onto the prospective parents and student who are in need of finding the right college and making the next fours years of their lives a memorable one. Personal style/ preferrence should be the main factor in deciding the right college. Did you go to a smaller high school and felt overwhelmed? Then maybe a big college with 10,000 is not a good idea because you will not be able to thrive. If your personality is vibrant, you did every possible club and sport then a school that can offer those activities and some could be the college for you. Those are just some of the hundreds of questions you need to ask your self before you go college hunting. My advice to the parent and student is this, sit down together and make a list of everything that will make you happy and enjoy your college and compare and contract that to many colleges because finding the right one is crucial and as parents will agree happiness should come first.

Nichole

If I could go back in time and do my college career again, I would not first attend a technical school before I did a private school. Not enough of my credits transferred and I am spending more time and money on school than if I would have attended a 4 year college right out of high school. Do lots of research on what schools your credits will transfer too, you may get stuck paying a lot more than you attended. Also, research what campus environment is best for your, how you would react to other students...spend some time on campus with out some who gives a tour. Never be afraid to ask question, they more you ask the better off you are! Bottom line is; research, research, research and research some more before you decided on a school. The worst thing is to be rushed into it.

Rebecca

The advice I give to parents and/or students about finding the right college is to make sure you visit all different types so that you know which kind of school is best for you, whether it be big or small, private or public. Also, make sure it is a good school for what you want to major in and see what the job outcome is after students graduate. That is always a big indicator. Make sure it has enough resources, tutors, and study space. The last thing would be to find students that go there and ask them their honest opinion on what they think of the school and what they do and don't like about it.

The best thing about my school is that it has a great school for my major, which is physical therapy. I also love where it is situated, not too far from home. Also, there are many tutors and other things available to students who need it.

The most frustrating thing is that it is a small school with only about 3400 students. Sometimes there is a lot of drama since everybody knows everyone. Also, with my major being physical therapy the courses and work load is very intense.

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.