Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

Carroll University has a wonderfully friendly campus. There is always someone to go to you are struggling with classes or even your personal life. The school and organizations also never lack events at nights and on the weekends for fun activities with friends. The building are also beautiful with lots of history, though sometimes a bit outdated, and they have several fitness areas students may use. Overall Carroll University is a slightly expensive, fun supportive school with many resources and activities.

Carroll University is a great place for students who prefer a small campus that feels like home. With the surrounding community and downtown Waukesha within walking distance of campus, there is never nothing to do and you will feel as safe as one could feel at a college. Programs happen daily at Carroll such as Bingo, comedy shows, concerts, club sports and more. There is never a reason to be bored with the constant opportunities the campus allows for activities. While Carroll has a great variety of majors, physical therapy and nursing are the most popular. Almost 50% of each class is devoted to those two majors, and many students may feel as though they are the minority to the student in these two majors. However, this should not discourage any students majoring in business, education, etc. There are plenty opportunities for internships and even campus jobs designed specifically for these majors. There's a good and bad to every college, however, a big deciding factor to where a student will spend maybe the hardest four years of their lives is finding their new forever home. find the place where you'll be comfortable, confident, and secure because college will send you through a whirlwind of emotions and obstacles. For me, that place will forever be Carroll University .

Matthew

Carroll University is a great place to come and learn. You have the opportunity to do a variety of things on campus while continuing your education for the betterment of your career. The class sizes are not large so you have a more opportunity with one on ones with your teachers.

Makenna

If you are looking for a close knit, small, welcoming school. Carroll could be your place! With its great opportunities and small campus, its truly a great school. This school offers a wide range of majors but excels in the sciences. As a liberal art college, not only do you get a great education, you get to experience many important ideas that really make you think outside the box! Most people have never even heard about Carroll University, but that is a positive because its like a hidden treasure of a school.

We really dont have a stereotype. Because we are such a small school and no schools around us, we dont get into trouble or cause a ruckus. We are generally good people at a good school.

To be honest, there really isn't a large group of colored people. But we do offer groups and clubs of LGBTQA, people of color and different culture clubs. Most girls wear either sweatpants or jeans and a nice shirt or some even wear dresses and skirts, whatever makes them most comfortable. For thee guys its either jeans and a shirt or gym shorts and a shirt, pretty simple. We have a wide range of liberals and conservatives at this school too. We try to make sure that you fit in somewhere no matter what.

Simeon

They are hard-working and do many different things, and most of them will become original contributors to the economy.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Similarly, don't judge a college by the programs it offers. Meet the people and experience a day or two before you actually go there. Study what you decide to, not what you feel like studying. You will change your opinions several times over, so find your constants and stick to them. Make sure you never lose sight of your constants. Also, wherever you go, people will need you, so don't worry about trying to fit in.

There is a requirement that each student takes a series of classes focused on other cultures and that every student have some sort of cross-cultural experience. It's a chore until the actual traveling happens.

Jess

Hey Jess! You're doing a great job taking all AP classes, they will really assist you with college level courses. Keep doing a great job and stay focused on your work , so you can pass the AP exams at the end of year and gain credits that go towards graduation credits. This will save you a ton of money on tuition. Stay positive and appreciate your free time, while you can. Once you are in college, your free time is limited, but it's actually fun studying, because you are taking courses that you want to take. I am so happy that you are taking AP Literature this year. You don't realize it now, but this course will help you in all of your classes, in college. You will be better equiped to write papers and have proper sentence patterns, use of verbiage and you are wise to be a "Grammar Natzi." Teachers will love your positive attitude and easy-going nature and will appreciate the help that you provide to others in your class. PS, be careful walking down the stairs, "don't text and walk" because you are sure to fracture your ankel! I love you.

Carroll University has an excellent location with caring professors.

Any serious student who cares about making a difference in this world.

Courtney

As a high school senior I did now know what to expect with the transition from high school to college. Now that I have had the experience for almost a year of college I have quite a bit of advice for incoming college freshman. Leaving home is hard, but it is important to remember that as you go throughout life your experiences will make you the person you are. It is important to get involved on campus because it will make you feel like you are at home. I would tell myself to not be afraid because in college it is up to you to make the most of your opportunities. Everyone starts fresh and goes to college so everyone feels the feelings that you do when you leave home for the first time. I would just tell myself to make the most of it because life goes fast and your experiences make you the person you are.

I think that the best thing about Carroll University is the small class sizes that help students build relationships with their peers and professors. Carroll provides endless amounts of academic resources like: SI (student led study sessions), the learning commons, and professor's office hours. If a student takes advantage of all of these opportunities it is impossible to not enjoy learning because it is easier to understand the material that you will apply to your future career.

A person that attends Carroll University should be someone who enjoys connecting with people around them. Because of the small campus size you will get to know a lot of other students and people. A student who wants to have individualized attention and not considered a number is someone who would love the academics at Carroll.

Ellen

The classmates are very dedicated to school.

The classmates are very dedicated to school.

The transition to college has been the biggest transition in my life so far. I have moved from one city to another in grade school which was a challenge for me but the transition to Carroll University has been an encounter I wish I knew more about coming in. If I could tell my high school one things, it would be to learn to not be so depended on others to find answers. In college, I have learned to do a lot on my own without the help of other. Although I have a great support system at Carroll University to go to for help, I have to motivate myself and figure out answers on my own. Most importantly though, I would congratulate my high school self for sticking to what she believes in and not conform to others and the poor choices they might make. In college, I am on my own to make smart decisions and I can stay strong in my beliefs because I build a sturdy foundation for myself and as a result, I am not conflicted when I have to make decisions for myself.

Dillon

Small historic midwest university that has a very high level of education in health services degrees (nursing, PT, AT, OT, and exercise science).

My school is best known for being the first college in the state of wisconsin. They have a very strong programs in nursing, PT, AT, OT, and exercise science. Also the NFL team Chicago Bears used our logo to come up with the famous C on there helmets.

If i could go back and talk to my younger self, I would give myself four tips I have learned over my years of college. I was never the best studier coming high school. The first and biggest tip I could give my younger self would be to get away from any distraction when doing homework. Go to quite area in the library. You will be able to focus better at the task at hand. The second tip would be to read the text book for every class even though you might here you don't have to, to be able to pass the class. By reading the book you will be able to get the little tricky questions the teacher throws in there. Its the difference of an 85 to 95% on the tests. The third tip would be to worry about yourself and not your friends. For example, stay in on some weekends to study. If they are your true friends they will be your friends stick with you through anything. The final tip is to have fun with everything you do. You only have this last little time left before you go out into the real world.

Sierra

The small campus makes it easy to find all your classes but it is close enough to downtown Waukesha that it is not isolated.

Carroll has a small campus with big city connections since its so close to Milwaukee. It has some of the best professors and amazing staff!

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.