Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

Jelena

Carroll University is an academically challenging school that takes into account each individual's student's background in order to make each individual student succeed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that there is no gold star for rushing through school. Therefore, I would tell my high school senior self to not rush through my college years and take my time instead of piling coursework upon coursework among myself and overwhelming myself tremendously. I would also tell my high school senior self to apply to as many scholarships as possible and get as much aid as possible, because trying to balane full time schoolwork with working is very hard.

Since I am a commuter at Carroll University, at times finding parking is hard, especially if I am running a little behind in the mornings. Therefore, I wish Carroll University can provide more parking options for commuters.

camille

Carroll University is somewhere where one can easily meet lifelong friends, while getting a high education.

Carroll University is best known for their dedication to the Physical Therapy and Nursing program.

The best thing you can look for is the level of education you can receive, while making the best friends you can.

Sabrina

Carroll University is a welcoming campus where everyone feels safe and home!

Carroll University is a welcoming campus where everyone feels safe and home!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I made it. All the hard work that was put in throughout the high school years finally paid off. I would say that college life is a lot of fun and it should not be wasted. Do not spend too much time worrying about what your old high school friends are doing because you are in a whole new world now. You can discover who you are as a person and who you want to be in the future!

The worst thing about Carroll University may be the minimal choices on food and having the options get repetitive.

Katie

My school is small, homey, and has a lot to do.

My school is small, homey, and has a lot to do.

Dear me! Congratulations you are headed to college! There are some tips I would like to share with you. Do your homework! There is a lot of parties, activites, etc. but do your homework, study, and you will do well in your classes. Also get involved! Find something your love and stick with it. There are tons of activities with all clubs and looks great on a resume! Lastly I would say WORK OUT! The freshman 15 is real. This will be the last time in your life that you have a free membership to a gym, USE IT! There are tons of classes, gyms, pool, etc. Eat from the salad bar once and a while. Take care of yourself and stay healthy!

I love how small the classes are! You get a lot of discussions, projects, hands on, and one on one teacher time. Also the education department is the best. The Professors are amazing and really understand you, care about you, and teach you everything you will ever need to know about eucation and where it is going.

When I was a senior in high school all I could think about was college. I was excited for it to start, but at the same time I was scared. I was scared I was not going to make friends, do well in school, and because for the first time in my life I was going to be on my own. I wish someone would have told me not to be scared because there is nothing to be scared of. So, the advice I would have given myself would have been to not be scared. I learned that you have to take everything one step at a time. It is like a puzzle. During my senior year the puzzle was not started because I was so scared, but throughout my first semester at college the puzzle was completed. I wish someone would have told me that it was like a puzzle and that everything would fall into place. Maybe then I would have not been so scared of college. Overall the biggest piece of advice that I would have told myself is to remember the journey is like a puzzle and not to worry because everything will eventually come together.

The best part of Carroll is the size. It is a relatively small school, which means small class sizes. Since there are small class sizes you actually get to know your professor and your professor gets to know you. You are not just a name on a sheet of paper, at Carroll you are a person.

Someone should not attend this school if they are looking for a big school. Carroll University is only a couple of blocks by a couple of blocks, so if someone wanted that big ten college experience Carroll is not for them.

Wide viraty comming from many different places.

Wide viraty comming from many different places.

I would tell my self to take as many summer hours, and applay for as many scholarships as I could to make money so I do not have to worry about paying for college. I would also tell myself that I should dress, and act like myself, and not stay so quiet. You are only around your classmates for about hours a week and only for one semester. I doesn't matter what they think all that matters is that you feel good about yourself.

Abigail

I would tell myself to that balance is key. I am a student athlete at Carroll and it was a little overwhelming at first. I not only had to balance school and all of the free time that I had but also practice and the demands of running at a collegiate level. Also I would tell myself that studying gets taken to a very differnt level in college. Craming the night before will not get you very far. Exams are difficult and studying atleast a week before is needed to suceed. The first two weeks are rough, because everything is new, but it does get better and the friendships you make in college will last a lifetime. Finally, I think that you have to come into college with an open mind because there will be alot of people who are different from you, and learning to accept that fact can be hard but once you do, a person can be introduced to so many different things and people.

A person who doesn't like small schools. Carroll is very small and academically focused so students who like to party should not attend Carroll either.

Carroll University is known for their Physical Therapy and Nursing programs so students looking to go into those fields should highly consider this university. The professors are well trained and the classes are smaller so the teachers are very helpful. It is a very academic focused school with the tools to help students succed.

Andrew

Carroll University is a wonderful academic institution with small classes, and easily accessible professors whom are more than willing to help in any way they can. The campus is small and easily navigated which is nice in the bitterness of Wisconsin's winter weather. The major downfall of this university is that it's a university with very few post undergraduate programs. In addition to the lack of advanced degrees, the number of adjuncts that come from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee is quite disappointing. For the tuition one pays to attend Carroll one should be able to expect that the professors are coming from colleges or universities of similar nature with doctoral degrees. I highly dislike that we have professors teaching with masters degrees when our tuition is over 27k per year. Being I transferred from Marquette University this has been my only major turn off of Carroll's program and business structure.

The students at Carroll have many opportunities to join or participate in one or more of the several clubs or groups supported by the university. In addition to the clubs or groups, throughout the year many wonderful guest speakers and presentations are available for students to attend as they desire.

Marcus

Many people would love the opportunity to go back in time. If given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, the #1 advice I would tell myself would be to get more organized and serious about my future. I knew I would be going away to college, but in my mind, I thought it would be like spending the night away from home for a few days. Wrong! This experience has taught me how to be more organized and accountable for my actions, something I didn't always do in high school. If I didn't complete my work, I knew I had until the last day of the semester to submit missing work. It's not like that in college. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to develop good study habits. I recall staying up until 1a.m. cramming for a test or not doing my work all together. This is definitely something I do not recommend as a college student. All in all, this experience has been an eye opener for me and I look forward to taking full advantage of this experience.

I wish I would have encouraged some of my friends to attend Carroll. I've met a lot of new friends from playing basketball and being part of several campus groups, but it would have been nice to have a few friends from home, attending this school.

The people! Everyone at Carroll is very nice and welcoming and is always willing to help. As a freshman being away from home, I was very nervous, but after my first week at school it began to feel more like home. I like how the community rallys behind this small college and is supportive of all the students.

Laura

I would let myself know that, although college is a whole other game than high school, don't be in such a rush to experience everything. I've only been here a year and a half and it is flying by! Don't be afraid to do something spontaneous, to stay in one night, or to be smart and study ahead. You're number one priority in college is the education your parents are so unbelievably kind enough to pay for, do not waste that opportunity; but at the same time don't be afraid to do things on weekdays, you will never be able to when you're old with chlidren and responsibilities. Be young, be smart, be sassy, be the strong, independent girl you were raised to be. Make people PROUD (including yourself).

I wish I would have known that I had to pay a massive amount to complete a trip/ class combination as a graduation requirement, that was an unfortunate surprise.

Someone who likes smaller, close knit communities, and individualized attention. A huge major here is exercise Science, pre physical therapy and it is one of the best in the country. It is small enough to be home, but not so small that you feel enclosed, or isolated.

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.