Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

I would tell my high school self to sit down and study because education DOES matter. Just because it's your senior year doesn't mean that it's okay to slack even if it's for work. Yes, working to get money is important but it's not the end of the world. Working three days a week until two in the morning and the other four until ten at night is not a good thing to do. You need sleep and to study for those tests. AP testing was important and you blew it because you thought work should come first. Also think twice before you quit a job because you left the wrong one.

It really cares about it's students and goes out of its way to make sure they succeed by doing things like supplemental instruction and having students who previously took the course help students. They also go above and beyond to make sure that all of their students feel welcomed by doing things like movie nights every Friday and always having multiple activites for students to do on the weekends because studies show students who get involved are more likely to graduate college in four years or less.

It is mainly a school where people stay on campus and while they try very hard to include commuters it is easy to feel left out.

Very personable and relatable. Focus-driven in terms of academics.

Very personable and relatable. Focus-driven in terms of academics.

Make sure to have enough money saved for college before it actually starts.

Someone who prefers small class sizes and direct interaction with professors.

Anna

Try your hardest and never give up on something just because someone thinks you can't do, prove them wrong and do your best. Don't worry what people think about you just do what you think will be best for you in the long run.

not always enough time to get everything done that is need to

Kukuhla

Carroll is the oldest college in Wisconsin and was founded in 1846. Its best known for its pre-PT and nursing majors.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself not to have stressed so much. When I applied for colleges, I was so stressed, thinking that after high school, that this would be it. I was scared to think that deciding which college to go to would be the first major decision of a lifetime and that I would fail at that choice just as I would fail at the coursework in college. It may just have been a few weeks in college, but I would tell myself that so far, the decisions made are not ones to regret. If there was one decision that I regret, it would be not applying for the dorms sooner. As I only live 30 minutes away from campus, I thought I wouldn’t miss much. Moving away from home worried me as I didn’t think I would know what to do if I messed up without my parents to help me. I would tell myself that my parents are only thirty minutes and a phone call away. Living on campus is a great and fun way to get involved.

Like most colleges, the worst thing would probably be the small dorms if you choose a traditional dorm. Most of te things at Carroll is also a bit overpriced.

To stay focus on education,and there will be always time my friends and fun. Alway put your educaton first. pace yourself and take the time to figure out what career path you would like to take.

I havent yet experienced anything that would consider Carroll undesirable in anyway.

Alyssa

Carroll is a diverse, academically focused, and understanding school.

Carroll is a diverse, academically focused, and understanding school.

Carroll is best known for their degrees in health sciences. The majority of students who attend are planning on healthcare careers and many of the other majors have a smaller amount of students enrolled

Life is full of taking opportunities and making changes that allow us to grow as a person and become stronger. Having completed my first year of college I know the advice I wish I would have known as a high school senior preparing for college. I would say don’t be afraid. I would tell myself I can do whatever I want to do and should not be hesitant to strive for my dreams. Changes in our life, including college, allow us to choose whether or not we want to be fearless. Don’t hold back on what you think you cannot do because anything is possible as long as you believe and work hard. I would also tell myself that self-forgiveness will be a great part of your life. Allow yourself to start over and give yourself chances to do so in reaching your goals and dreams. College life teaches you about yourself and will help shape you into the strong person that is waiting in the future. I would say that you don’t have to have it all figured out in order to move forward. Strive for your dreams and don’t live with regrets.

Thinking of what I would tell my high school self, there is so much I could say. Don’t sweat stuff that brings you down, like boys who say no to dancing or people who don’t appreciate your art. When people tell you something is impossible, do it anyway and prove them wrong. I’d tell myself to keep up the strong academics—you can be valedictorian, and you’ll need those scholarships and study skills for college. I’d say it’s okay to be friends with everyone, but don’t be afraid of clinging to friends who truly love you for you—they’re the ones who stand beside you no matter what. Sometimes friends you thought would be there forever aren’t, and those you thought would disappear leave the biggest mark on your life. Don’t count anyone out. As for yourself, stay strong. Make decisions for yourself. Be who you want to be. But the most important piece of advice I would give myself is this: don’t change a thing on my account, because the mistakes you make in high school made you who you are today, and you’re not so bad.

I would say: Rachel, being an adult is hard, but you always knew that. What you didn't know is that it's really only difficult if you don't relax every now and then. Take everything in stride, and complete obligations early on. Begin looking for opportunities (like shadowing) as early as possible because they can be pretty difficult to find. While I know you find relationships to be important, YOU are much more important. Adulthood is a time of self-discovery, so don't be afraid to not help others for 5 minutes every now and then so you can think about yourself. Really, there is a lot of advice I would want to give. Lots of warnings, but the most important one out of everything is: everything will work out for the best. No matter what decisions are made, if past-Rachel's path differs after speaking to her, the future will still be bright. I'd tell her that she will be able to handle anything that comes her way, and that she should believe in herself more. Take everything in stride, I'd say, because you'll be okay no matter what.

I wish I had known how few majors they have and how expensive it would really be for me. I also wish I had known how many jocks and girls would be at this school

People who want big schools, tons of diversity, and want to party all the time shouldn't go to this school. Those who want big, exciting nightlife and those who don't care about their education shouldn't attend this school. Students who want tons of opportunities available to them also should go to a larger city.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself not to slack off during my last year and to apply for every scholarship I could find. My family does not make the best money and are unable to help me pay for school. Therefore, I wish I would have known how grueling the financial aid process can be. If i would have known that, I more than likely wouldn't be going into my second year of college already fifteen thousand dollars in debt. I would also tell my high school self to enjoy that last year of high school. I feel like I was always dreading for it to end and now I feel that I took my last year of high school for granted. That is what I would tell myself, if I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school.

I wish I would have known to apply for as many scholarships that I can to avoid taking out school loans.

The financial aid process is the most frustrating thing about my school.

Using free times after completing the final examination at high school level should be focused on collecting information of various kind of colleges, especially that suit to the future goal that so close to everyone's talent. If it were possible, talk to the family (parents) in order to set a time for a possible campus visit, meet to the counselors and look around various things that may encourage to the process of personality building in the midst of professional guidance with the on-site concept of learning to be a mature person, where living examples have proven directly in every day life style

Direct contact and heart-to-heart communication between professors and the whole students in small class have made everyones find a new experience of a strong family bound, a place to learn for the best possible outcome where competitive values have also grown well with meaningful supportive and fair unity. It it indeed has become an ideal place to me for collecting values of new life style in this troubled world around

This is an interesting campus with combination of old buildings and modern concept of education, as those things have been explained in the web-site and the counselor had directly explained in the recruitment phase. The bright pictures and attached information, this is also a campus with a multi-cultural context and still with a strong personal dignity as the very basic foundation of learning as a future leader

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.