Waukesha, WI
Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carroll University

Carroll University is different from other schools in many ways. To me the most important difference are the teachers. You can really tell that they are their to teach and to make sure you learn the material. One of my teachers even gave us his personal phone number just so we could contact him easier. It was really helpful. Another difference is the size and the quality of the people. Carroll is small enough to be able to have small classes but big enough to have a variety of people on campus and the people are great.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself a few things about college. First, being to stay on top of class work. There is a lot more work to be done in college than there was in high school. Also when they say you should be studying 2 hours for every 1 hour you have of class they mean it. They next thing I would tell myself is to not get over involved too quickly. Find a few things and slowly get into them. I am very involved on campus, I help run our radio station, I work on campus, and I'm an active member of Alpha Xi Delta, but I wish I would have gotten involved slower in order to ease into them. I would have also told myself to not worry if Carroll was the right pick because it was. That's exactly what I would tell my high school self about college.

The kind of person that should attend Carroll is simple. Someone who likes small class room settings, easily accessable teachers, and anyone that needs extra help sometimes. We have a center on campus where students can go to get help whether with acedemics or emotional problems. We also have stuedent tutors available. Basically, Carroll just wants people to succeed. So the kind of person that should attend Carroll is someone who wants to succeed.

Oscar

-Eat the fish and throw the bones out: when it comes to problems don't worry because there is a definite way of resolving everything. -When it comes to procrastinating the best solution is to plan ahead. Count the amount of days you'll have and cut the assignment into the bits and pieces you can take care of to have it ready for the final day it is due. -Music kills your concentration, so have enough love for music to stop listening to it when you study. Don't waste your time trying to choose what music to listen and finally end up not studying at all. -Talk to as many people as possible when you get to college. Everyone's friends usually drift away after high school and it is really good for assignments or to have someone to talk to. Keep in touch with some teachers because they will be some help.

If I had the opportunity to go back and give my old-self adive it would be regarding study habits. Lets be honest, in high school you could get by with studying the night before or maybe not even studying at all. Everyone gave me the warning, "It won't be like this in College" looking back I regret not listening to them. My freshman year was a true wake-up call. It was in biology human anatomy and physiology sitting in lecture as our professor hands back our first exam. I thought I did fairly well on the exam and thought I had put forth the right amount of effort. I was wrong, I got the exam back and received a ''D." Low and behold I was not satisfied with this, something needed to change. From there I scheduled a meeting with my professor where we chatted about my study patterns. I had a lack of a "study schedule" and we both worked together to develop the best plan for me. It consisted of pre-reading the chapter prior to lecture, re-writing notes, and labeling diagrams. From there on I was able to develop more successful studying patterns!

The best thing about my university would be the class size, to some it may be small but for me it was a perfect fit. The class size is on the small side yet, this allows the student to stand out and not just be a number. For example, in my freshman anatomy and physiology course my professor knew me by name within the second week of class, I was very impressed by this. The one-on-one with the professors was a selling point for me, they are always willing to help and put the student first!

The type of person that would be interested in attending this school would be someone who shows a strong desire in a given career field. Carroll University is a medical and business based school; with an offering of many majors in each. Someone who is undecided may want to steer away from this university choice , given that there are limited areas in which to explore. For those looking for a school with a lot to offer, this is an excellent choice. Carroll offers many extra-curricular activities such as: clubs, intermeruals, sports, volunteer opportunities and career based involvement.

katie

I would tell myself to get more involved my freshman year and make as many friends as possible, because it becomes more difficult to do those things as you get older. Also I would say do not procrastinate, when you have free time get started on work, because it will compile when you least expect it too. Lastly go and party once and a while, it is ok to have a little fun now and then, but be smart about it!

I believe the worst thing is , if there is a teacher who is a problem, mean, to dificult, unreasonable, etc no one seems to do anything about it

Someone who loves small class sizes, love group discussions, hands on leanring, and wants to get involved.

Gretta

Congrats for surviving life so far! Take this opportunity to remove yourself from what you know life to be. Realize that there is a world that offers much more than anyone has let you see. Attend a university maybe out of state or take that volleyball opportunity. Study abroad is a must, this will provide experiences that will change your life and help shape you into a beautiful, cultured woman. Study hard but enjoy the college experience. Gain relationships that will last a lifetime; that best friend most find in college, you will want later in life. Seek assistance when needed, remember everyone starts out with an empty toolbox for life, getting help and learning lessons is how you fill that toolbox to use throughout life. Don't let anyone sway what you're thinking or influence your decisons, only you have to live with those choices. The baby you have, love her like it's your last day everyday. She is special, learn about Autism, this will help too! Life brings angels some stay a short time, some forever. No matter what, listen to your heart and follow your dreams. The only person that can stop you is you.

My only wish is that I was able to attend a high school that provided me with a better education to start with and that someone, perhaps a guidance councelor, talked to me about my choices post high school. Things would be way different had I had a better base to start from.

To attend Carroll a person must want to succeed and want to have a place they can call home. At Carroll the instructors and staff are all very welcoming and want to help students succeed. It is a great university!

Carroll University is truly a home away from home where you truly feel as though the professors have time to help you.

If I could go back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior I would have told myself to prepare more fully for the hugh financial burdens that achieving a college education can create. Apply for every scholarship you can and consider putting money towards paying off the interest on your student loans. Conversely, on a less practical note, I would tell myself to embrace every social opportunity that college has to offer. Don't work so much; have more fun and try new things. Start writing that novel that you have always wanted to write. Join new clubs. Volunteer in new societies. Join those fitness classes that you always wanted to try. And finally, make sure that you do not lose touch with the important people in your life. Throughout my college career, I became overly absorbed in my academic career and did not make time for a very important person in my life, a second mom of sorts. This woman later developed an aggressive form of leukemia and she passed away three months ago. I did not spend the kind of time that I should have with her and I regret that deeply.

The worst thing about Carroll University is the high cost.

Cassandra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I wouldn't tell myself anything. This may sound odd to some but I look at life as an adventure. The beauty of life is that you never know what is coming; it may be something painful or something uplifting but regardless of the experience everthing that has happened in my life since I was eighteen has lead me to be the person I am today. I wouldn't want to go back and warn myself or guide myself any differently because that could have changed who I am now and who I was the first year of college. I learned in the transition to college that the people who love you most in life will always be there and that I am more independent than I ever gave myself credit for. However, I wouldn't give any advice to myself , instead I would just live the adventure of life.

The price of education is too high. Even though I will get a good job after completeing my degree, it is expensive for my family for me to attend. It causes stress for my family and I to think about where each payment is coming from.

There is noting in my opinion that is frustration about Carroll College.

Cabrina

What are you thinking about that hair? Oh, well! I have come from the future, Cabrina, to give you some advice. Work your butt off in the summer and save a lot of money. That way you won't have to work 2 jobs while you are in school. Your school work will suffer. Also, don't change your major because you dad wants you to make more money. You already know you want to be a teacher, so do what you love. You are smart, loved, and capable of great things. Wait, why am I telling you this? No, forget I said anything. I love my life in the future. If I tell you to change things, it could change the future. I might not appreciate my education as much as I do now. I might not have learned lessons about saving money. So I change my mind, past Cabrina. Mistakes are meant to be made and lessons are meant to be learned. From those lessons you will be a great person who will do great things. So go on, make those mistakes and be proud of who you are. Also, get your hair cut!

I believe that I kind of person that should attend Carroll College is one where a state school failed them. There is so much help available and the small class sizes help you to feel so included. Also, the town, yet small has many free events open to the public. You can really make a name for yourself at this school unlike a larger school.

The most frustrating thing I can think of about my school is the cost. It is 27,000+ to attend. I am a single mom and I chose this school because it is close to where I live. I am currently a server at a restaurant, but it is a struggle to pay the bills. However, I know that I am making the right investment for my family!

Alexis

I think the most unique aspect of Carroll is its specific atmosphere. Carroll has a beautiful campus and has that smaller school atmosphere. Students are able to easily recognize others on campus and have closer relationships with their faculty, something I do not think a bigger school is able to offer.

If I could go back in time, I think I would tell my high school self to constantly remind yourself of your priorities. My freshman year was such an amazing learning experience; I learned to be independent and focus on myself. However, with this independence came more responsibility. While I still earned good grades and made the dean’s list, I think I could have pushed myself harder academically. I lost sense of my academics at times, and this was certainly my biggest downfall. Students must realize what is most important, and always prioritize accordingly. Additionally, I would tell incoming freshman to fully embrace the change; to be flexible, to meet as many people as possible, and to let yourself grow. Incoming freshman should know that freshman year can be one of the greatest learning experiences of your lives, if you just embrace it.

When advising a prospective student for Carroll University, I would say that a student should be proactive in order to attend Carroll. Most importantly, the student must be proactive in their education. As we all know, college is expensive, and Carroll is no exception to this belief. Therefore, being proactive about what the student wants their future career to be is necessary, as getting into programs early on at Carroll is necessary. Additionally, because Carroll is such a small school, it is important for students to be proactive in being involved on campus and getting to know their fellow classmates.

Christopher

Carroll is best known for having a large variety of majors for a smaller school. There are many fields and careers to explore that sometimes are not given at large universities, and all are in three to six year programs. There is not an easy major or a slacking major because all are challenging and rigorous, preparing you for the field you will work in one day.

I enjoy being an education major and helping mold the world’s future leaders, but sometimes I think I would have liked to pursue different careers. I could see myself as a medical doctor, lawyer, or dentist. If I could get one do over I would research more careers instead of being set on a specific one my entire life. I would select three to five careers I could see myself enjoying and shadow people in those fields for at least two years. By shadowing and asking questions I could see what each job has to offer and if it is something I could see myself doing every day. After choosing a field I would research top schools for the field and try to attend those colleges. If I had chosen this path I would have had more assurance of my career choice instead of pondering what different careers are like and if I would have enjoyed them more.

I think the best thing is how personal the teachers and students are with you. Everyone is hands on and is willing to work together to accomplish goals in the classroom while caring about others thoughts and feelings. I like how we are all one large learning community who feed off each other in order to be successful.

Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.