Carroll University

« See more reviews of Carroll University

This is an interesting campus with combination of old buildings and modern concept of education, as those things have been explained in the web-site and the counselor had directly explained in the recruitment phase. The bright pictures and attached information, this is also a campus with a multi-cultural context and still with a strong personal dignity as the very basic foundation of learning as a future leader

Before I came to school I wish I knew how to communicate better with other people. The first few weeks of school were very exciting, but also very challenging. I did not have the social skills to know how to communicate and make friends in a quick manner. The school set up activities to try and show freshman that making friends was not very hard, but after the activities, making friends was still a struggle.

Before making the decision to attend Carroll College, I wish I would have known all of the extra costs that are entailed when going to a private college. Expenses add up without realizing it. I definitely wish I would have known that books are cheaper when bought online and not through the bookstore. Going to a private college has made me more aware of my expenses.

Before attending Carroll I wish I had known more about Waukesha, the city Carroll is located in. Although Waukesha is a fairly large city, there are not many activities or restaurants within walking distance from the campus. This was quite unfortunate for those who did not have a car on campus and made for some boring weekends.

I wish that I would have known more about the college lifestyle. That i would have known how to be more independent and aware of other poeple's behaviors and my own spending habits. Everyone is different, but in college that fact kind of hits you in the face and you need to respect everyone.

One thing I wish I knew before I came to Carroll would be that I could have sat in on classes that pertained to my major (Nursing) as a high school student. This would have helped me because then I would have felt even more comfortable in my classes that I am currently enrolled in.

My only wish is that I was able to attend a high school that provided me with a better education to start with and that someone, perhaps a guidance councelor, talked to me about my choices post high school. Things would be way different had I had a better base to start from.

I wish I would have encouraged some of my friends to attend Carroll. I've met a lot of new friends from playing basketball and being part of several campus groups, but it would have been nice to have a few friends from home, attending this school.

I wish I had known how the grading scale works at this school. In order to get an A or 4 points you need to get a 95% in a class. The grades are based on an A,AB,B,BC,D,F scale and it's very confusing and very hard.

One of the things I wished I had known before coming to Carroll is the parking situation. As a commuter, I rely on my car to get to campus. Parking is very competitive at Carroll.