Carroll University

« See more reviews of Carroll University

The best thing about Carroll University is the cultural immersion that the university emphasizes throughout all four years of higher education. The university's goal to immerse each student within different cultures is beneficial in any career path as you learn how to relate to others and be able to understand a view from multiple perspectives. The most fun and beneficial component of this cultural immersion is taking a trip to another culture anywhere from a week to a semester of your choice. This trip allows one to truly see another culture and how those aspects relate in their life.

The best part about my school is the professors. Many of my professors have had experience working in the education field, allows them to be great resources for students and helps us students learn about what the education field is about and what to expect as a teacher. My teachers also have many connnections with individuals in the education and physical education field, which allows me to have many opportunities to be an intern or observe teachers in the field. My physical education professors also have many activity/sports books that act as a resource for lesson plans.

So here I am with the answer to the best thing about my college! As a freshman, I was told to get involved and keep busy. The student clubs offer you a lot of knowledge and experience in just about any field of study or subject you are passionate about, and Carroll has many! So, Get involved! and Get ready! Because college is all about life learning experiences. Members in clubs/organizations will be encouraging and supportive of your personal growth. It will help to make you feel like you fit in and belong at your new school.

The best thing about Carroll University is that there is a small tight knit community of students that are all hear to better themselves and further their education. This helps to create an enviroment that removes the competitive feeling and replaces it with a large group of people that are all trying to reach the same goals and succeed. With that being said it is a great place for someone who is looking for a smaller school that really enjoys knowing everyone and being able to connect on a personal level.

It really cares about it's students and goes out of its way to make sure they succeed by doing things like supplemental instruction and having students who previously took the course help students. They also go above and beyond to make sure that all of their students feel welcomed by doing things like movie nights every Friday and always having multiple activites for students to do on the weekends because studies show students who get involved are more likely to graduate college in four years or less.

It's hard to choose one thing out of the many things that is great about Carroll University. The food would not be one of those. My favorite thing about Carroll is that it feels like home. I am very close to my family, and leaving home is hard for me. Coming to Carroll, though, is like I have found a second home. Carroll is like an extended family to me. The professors and advisors are there for you, along with all the students. It is not just a school, Carroll University is a place of sincerity.

The best thing about my university would be the class size, to some it may be small but for me it was a perfect fit. The class size is on the small side yet, this allows the student to stand out and not just be a number. For example, in my freshman anatomy and physiology course my professor knew me by name within the second week of class, I was very impressed by this. The one-on-one with the professors was a selling point for me, they are always willing to help and put the student first!

I think that the best thing about Carroll University is the small class sizes that help students build relationships with their peers and professors. Carroll provides endless amounts of academic resources like: SI (student led study sessions), the learning commons, and professor's office hours. If a student takes advantage of all of these opportunities it is impossible to not enjoy learning because it is easier to understand the material that you will apply to your future career.

The small class sizes and the chance to interact closely with classmates and professors(no T.A.'s and all speak perfect American English!) are at the top because I want to get the best grades possible to proceed into either medical school or pharmacology. They have alot of different organizations to join and if there isn't one there you can start a club up quickly and get organized. Carroll is now a University and is adding on new majors, newest being a 4 year Gaming major!

The people at Carroll are very welcoming and after visiting, I knew it was the perfect school for me. Everyone was so warm and welcoming and the fact that the teachers really get to know the students meant a lot to me. I liked feeling as though I would be able to go to a teacher and actually be able to approach them. I can also understand my professors because they all speak clear english which is a positive over larger schools.