Carroll University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Carroll University

Kennedy

It could be a little more diverse and more protection of all students and not just some. I attend and sometimes I do not feel the safest but I do get through the day. Some teachers are very cool and some have this demeanor towards me. But it gives me motivation to move forward and push through to get my degree.

Isabella

Carroll University is a place where you are encouraged to learn and grow. The campus is small, but there is still plenty to explore. The food is delicious and there are a bunch of options in case you’re picky. There are numerous places on and off campus to hangout with friends. There are 45 orgs, 23 athletic teams, and 5 clubs sports you can join to get involved. On-campus jobs are a great way to make a little money while in school. Carroll is full of amazing people. I hope you get to meet Gert, the grandma of Carroll.

anna

It is a small school, but there is a lot of activities you can do to get involved that make up for the lack of city activities. The coffee shop Second Cup has a lot of great options for coffee and non coffee drinkers with lots of seating for those who want to chill out or do homework.

Savannah

Carroll University is not a bad place to go if you are searching for a private Univerity. With fairly small class sizes, an average of 18 students, there tends to be plenty of potential for individual time with professors. We have over 80 student-lend groups and clubs to get involved with, so there should be something for everyone. Still, we have a passion for academics and emphasize the importance of completing the work required. I am so thankful that I chose to go to Carroll.

Carroll University has a wonderfully friendly campus. There is always someone to go to you are struggling with classes or even your personal life. The school and organizations also never lack events at nights and on the weekends for fun activities with friends. The building are also beautiful with lots of history, though sometimes a bit outdated, and they have several fitness areas students may use. Overall Carroll University is a slightly expensive, fun supportive school with many resources and activities.

Carroll University is a great school to follow your interests and achieve your goals. There is always something fun to do on or off campus with friends and everyone here is pretty friendly. I run track and cross country here and because of that, I have met many people. Carroll is overall a very nice school.

Adrian

It is a pretty solid school. I am a commuter, so I can not go into detail about everything such as the dorms, life living on campus, etc. As far as classes go, as everywhere, teachers are either hit or miss, class sizes are on the smaller side, and generally it is a "quieter" school. 4/5

Keegan

It is a great campus with a lot of opportunities for any student that attends the University! The staff here are the greatest supporters that I have witnessed at any school I have attended. Normally college campus's don't have professors that care, but Carroll cares!

Carroll University is a tiny school that offers an excellent education, lifelong friendships, extra curricular activities, and professors that want to help their students be successful. Class sizes are small, therefore professors are able to answer all questions and concerns not only in class, but outside of class as well. The school environment is safe, friendly, and studious. Students are challenged academically each and every day, growing into intelligent and kind young adults ready to take on the world after graduation.

Giselle

Carroll University is an excellent place to feel safe in many areas. Those areas include, receiving a balanced, notable education, expanding your horizons and experiences, meeting new people and formulating relationships both in the classroom and out. There are many opportunities to grow into an exceptional person at Carroll. You can find your fit in academics and pursue your passions in school clubs, organizations, and athletics. At Carroll you will not only learn information to take with you to your Career, but you will also learn how to develop your communication skills with many different types of people. These skills will continue to prepare students for their lives in the world. Carroll is a smart choice for a smart future!

Dana

Carroll is a very small school about 30 minutes from Milwaukee. There's not much to do unless you have a car to drive to the city. Academic wise it is very good. One thing is freshman year you start with courses related to your major right away which is helpful to students because they can learn if they actually enjoy the major or not.

Paige

Carroll has great facilities for their size, and since it is a smaller school it makes it pretty easy to stay focused on school work. The professors here are always willing to help and help a lot during classes since class sizes are fairly small. It would be better if there were some more surrounding stores in walking distance.

Hunter

It is a great school educationally, which at the fundamental level, is all that truly matters. However, this school does a lot of things that make me want to transfer. It makes me wonder how this school is the oldest in Wisconsin yet still only has under 4,000 students...

Matthew

Carroll University is a great place to come and learn. You have the opportunity to do a variety of things on campus while continuing your education for the betterment of your career. The class sizes are not large so you have a more opportunity with one on ones with your teachers.

Kaitlyn

Carroll University is very good, small school. The class sizes are kept small and the professors make it a point to be accessible during their office hours. They will even schedule a different appointment time to meet if their office hours do not work for a student. The campus is contained in a few blocks so it is easy to learn your way around. The school also offers majors not found in many other schools in the USA, such as Animal Behavior, which is the personal reason I chose Carroll. If you have questions or need help both the students and faculty are easy to approach and don't mind giving advice. The campus has a safe atmosphere and offers public safety services on the off chance a student doesn't feel comfortable walking around. The school is also LGBTQIA friendly which I think is important to point out.

Rose

Carroll university is a very welcoming school with lots of opportunities. There is a lot of free donuts which is a good thing! The professors are nice and the class size is decent. Being at Carroll so far has been a good experience for my first year as a college student.

Marisa

I feel that Carroll is a safe campus where the students and faculty are very focused on academics. Carroll also has a close, community feel to it. Carroll is a perfect place for people who want to know and be known by there professors and enjoy small, engaging classes.

Yaritza

Carroll university has been an amazing school to visit and has really provided me with a lot of help through out my search for an university! The students are incredibly helpful and kind, no one is rude. Overall, the university is great and the students are wonderful.

It is a great school. Waukesha is small with a lot to do. You are also very close to Milwaukee, Chicago, and Madison giving you the opportunity to be by many fortune 500 companies. The school has small class sizes with great access to professors and help in any department. Our campus resources and buildings are top of the line and include 3 new buildings open this year. I highly recommend Carroll!

I feel at home when I am at Carroll. It has a small, community environment with access to big opportunity. The people at Carroll are all friendly and I love the small class sizes. Professors take a genuine interest in their students. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Although the school is beautiful and unique, I did not take much from it with my education. I had to drop out of a few classes because my professors couldn't help me out. I was always sent to tutoring even if I went in during their office hours because they were "too busy". That never worked for me because most of the tutoring schedules were during when I had to go to work. I know college education is basically you have to figure it out for yourselves for the most part, but being turned away because I didn't understand something was aggravating. I dropped out of Carroll University very quickly after my first year. As a freshmen, I didn't know what to do or where to go and it seemed whoever I asked I always got mixed answers. The professors there are more wound up on their class getting a good review than actually wanting to help the students out and making them excited to learn. When I first enrolled at Carroll, I was very excited, but by the end, not only did I leave with almost nothing learned, I also left with two parking tickets because I parked in a spot that wasn't marked that I couldn't parked there, but it was still my fault. I may just sound like an aggravated student, but based on my experiences as a freshmen there, I give this school a 3/5 stars. The food they served was very good and some of the staff were very nice, but the atmosphere was not very welcoming.

Overall, Carroll University provides a safe and comfortable lifestyle for all students. Carroll accommodates students of all learning styles and makes the education accessible in many ways, such as professor office hours and tutors that are available at school. It also has a very high percentage of student involvement, whether that be from participating in clubs on campus or through academic events. Although Carroll is a small school in a little town, the surrounding area has a lot to offer. You can find students downtown on the weekends and even in the coffee shop on weekdays. This university gives its small town reputation a home town feel, and is guaranteed to make students feel close to their peers and proffesors. Carroll University is the place to go if you are looking for a school that focuses on students education, while still having the ability to maintain a balanced life outside of the university.

Connor

I think Carroll University is a great place to get a college degree. The class sizes are smaller so it's easy for students to get an education. Everyone at Carroll University is very nice and always around if someone needs any assistance. Everyone feels very safe on campus which is a big priority.

Kiry

My mom is an alumni as well as a lot of her friends. I remember when I was young I knew I wanted to go there because of the astonishing campus and how understanding and helpful the faculty is. They were understanding of a single-mother bringing her daughter to class and now they are beyond helpful with answering all my questions. Carroll is also making sure everyone isn't panicking too much about their first year it's been so helpful for me.

Mariah

Amazing school with a small school feel, but not too small. It is a very friendly environment with faculty and students that treat you with respect. The dorm life is very social, and is easy to make friends. They engage students with many opportunities to go out and adventure.

Casie

Carroll University is an excellent school academically. The small class sizes provide one on one opportunities between the professor and the student. The classes are challenging, but manageable, as well. The dining services at Carroll University are out of this world. The food options seem endless and they are very delicious. Overall, Carroll University is a great college, with friendly students and staff.

Carroll University is a great place for students who prefer a small campus that feels like home. With the surrounding community and downtown Waukesha within walking distance of campus, there is never nothing to do and you will feel as safe as one could feel at a college. Programs happen daily at Carroll such as Bingo, comedy shows, concerts, club sports and more. There is never a reason to be bored with the constant opportunities the campus allows for activities. While Carroll has a great variety of majors, physical therapy and nursing are the most popular. Almost 50% of each class is devoted to those two majors, and many students may feel as though they are the minority to the student in these two majors. However, this should not discourage any students majoring in business, education, etc. There are plenty opportunities for internships and even campus jobs designed specifically for these majors. There's a good and bad to every college, however, a big deciding factor to where a student will spend maybe the hardest four years of their lives is finding their new forever home. find the place where you'll be comfortable, confident, and secure because college will send you through a whirlwind of emotions and obstacles. For me, that place will forever be Carroll University .

Jaris

Do not choose this school unless you have plenty of extra cash! If you are on the fence, don't go! I had just enough money to attend, until I spent about $1000 in hidden fees and/or fees that I couldn't control such as "public area damage". Simply put, this means that any time the university performs routine maintenance, they charge every person on the floor for the divided cost! The worst part was, the majority of the administrative faculty was extremely condescending and generally rude. Unless you're a millionaire, there are far better options.

I love Carroll and I am so glad I chose to go to college here. All of the teachers are amazing and will do whatever they can to help you. The Walter Young Center is so helpful and you can go to them with any problems that you have. I wouldn't want to go to college anywhere else!

Carroll University felt like home the second I stepped onto the campus. Along with the campus feeling like home, the size of Carroll is perfect. Class sizes are small enough for professors to get to know you and form personal relationships with you. The students at Carroll are all super nice and energetic.

Erin

Carroll University has been a great step for me to take as I begin my college years. The small class sizes encourage learning and the professors hold to their office hours and are very easy to get a hold of. The events that are put on are fun and are a great way to meet people.

Anjana

Carroll University is a small campus located in a good locality in a suburban setting. The community is awesome, people are always eager to help and friendly, and the faculties are really helpful. It gives you a feeling of second home and celebrates the diversity you bring to Carroll.

Andre

I think Carroll is a wonderful smaller size school that helps develop young adults into the individuals they are born to be as career professionals. I appreciate the opportunities and unique experiences you are presented with such as recreational sports, clubs, volunteering locations, and much more.

Makennah

I am a freshman majoring in Exercise Science and I have direct admit to the Doctoral program for physical therapy. This school has far and away exceeded my expectations and the people are wonderful. Would highly recommend for anyone interested in physical therapy, nursing, or physician's assistant programs.

Marissa

Carroll University is a place where the professors really care that you succeed. It is big time academics with a small community closeness. This community feeling allows you to meet many new people and develop lifetime friendships. The variety of majors that are offered is ever evolving to stay current with the ever changing times. They have set up plans to keep you on track to graduate in four years. I definitely made the right choice picking Carroll University as my college.

Elysia

It fits my needs very well in the Pre-Physical therapy track and offers a well rounded liberal arts education. While my education in the sciences is very solid, I also am pushed to learn about and discuss arts and culture, making me a more well rounded individual. The small class sizes also showcase how much the professors care and how much they will do for their students.

I really love that I chose Carroll University as my college to get my undergraduate degree. The only struggle I have is the tuition payment, but it is definitely worth the education that is received. All of the professors are awesome and go out of their way to make a relationship with you. I am more than happy with my decision and can not wait to go back for my second year.

Katie

The on campus life would be the best part of the school. The food is pretty good. The academics themselves are subpar unless you are a nursing or physical therapy student. Registering for classes is a problem. Each class is worth 4 credits instead of the usual 3 credits which make transferring difficult.

Carroll has treated me well for my 4 years. The Direct admission program for physical therapy is one of the top programs which is why I chose Carroll. It is expensive and we do not have the facilities other similar private collages in WI do. It is in a small town which I prefer and is really close to downtown. Waukesha is not the safest city, however we have our own public safety which walks the perimeter of campus all the time and a shuttle service to take you across our tiny campus.

JoAnn

Love the small class sizes and how focused they are on education while providing opportunities to experience various cultural environments. Close to downtown shops and the local bus routes. Love Gert! She's everyone's favorite grandma away from home. She is an inspiration to all because she is over 90 and loves working and being around young and old alike.

Bailey

I love Carroll University. It's a smaller campus so it's easy to know a lot of people. Since it's smaller there's smaller class sizes making it easier for you to get to know your professors. It's also safe to walk around campus by yourself, though we are right in the middle of a community, but the community is generally super safe. If you don't feel comfortable walking alone at night you can always call public safety to get a shuttle ride!

Alyssa

It's a medium sized, simple college, with good academics and better people. The dorms are a little outdated and could use with more perks like air conditioning and availability of kitchens. The classes are versatile and the professors are knowledgeable.

Gabrielle

So far I have really come to love Carroll, especially with my chosen major! It's a place I really see myself growing at over the next years of my college experience and have already made so many memories. I love the academics, the environment promotes learning and it is very easy to get help and meet with teachers. Having a smaller student body allows for more contact with teachers, one-on-one learning, and lots of easily accessible programs for tutoring or studying! Living on campus has also been a great experience, I have met so many amazing people and they make living on campus very accessible. Overall I really enjoy the school and have loved my experience so far and see it as not just a school, but a second home!

Elly

I love Carroll University and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for professors who genuinely care about them and their success. There are a lot of studying tools in the library that is​ very helpful for health science majors. If you aren't a health science major, this university is honestly not for you.

Courtney

Wow , what can I say, I love it so far. I just recently have become a newly admitted Pioneer and cannot wait to begin my journey. Two things, orange is my favorite color and my mom is an alumni. No seriously, all jokes aside, the campus I believe will be so right for me for several other reasons besides the last two. The "homey" feeling I have on campus is uncanny! This was my number one reason for the selection. The living and eating arrangements and the small classrooms seem perfect. The classrooms are bright, very welcoming along with all of the people I've met thus far of my early journey. I like how I will be able to enter adulthood with still having my family with me!

Kasey

I think Carroll is a safe, clean and beautiful campus. Class sizes are small but you receive extra attention from professors and get all the help you need. The nursing program is phenomenal and has a passing rate of 100% for the past 2+ years. I met amazing people and happy I chose to come here.

Ava

I personally can't wait to call my self a pioneer. I am very excited and can't wait. it seems like a beautiful cultured school. They have small classes at which the professors can get to know you individually. there are lots of fun things to do on campus and they keep their students busy and have lots of fun. there are lots of shops and restaurants around campus but the campus also is known for a wonderful cafeteria.

Alexa

Carroll University is a great school with a lot of academic help. There are a few things that could be changed, like the food options and also the cost of the school is a little much but the financial aid sure helps. I wish there was also more greek life opportunities.