Jefferson City, TN
Carson-Newman University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carson-Newman University

Tori

I really love Carson-Newman. In my time here I have come to view it as a second home. I have met the best people and made the best of friends. I could not imagine my life without them. Beyond my peers, the professors at CN go above and beyond. I have never seen a group of people work so hard for their students. CN being as small as it is lends itself to having a very tight-knit community, and that extends to the professors and staff as well. I cannot imagine that many students at larger schools go to their professors' houses for tea or Christmas parties; or that the president has every graduating senior to his home for some time to reflect about their time at Carson-Newman. Overall, CN has the best student base and professors that anyone could ask for.

Alexandra

For the most part, I love the school. The small class size and over-all student body allows a feeling of community and care that most other schools are not able to offer. There is a real feeling of caring from professor to student, about the success of the student. Most of the students there are athletes and the ones that are not tend to be in their own groups. The on campus housing is horrible apart from AP Commons. The Cafe is also horrible, but for the most part I love the school and the environment.

Sara

I love it here! I just wish all building were accessible to all student. Most buildings are really old and have no elevator. The art building needs major updating. I think to art department need to be funded way more. We need to focus more on other students rather than just football players.

Meghan

My school in one sentence, "A loving and welcoming environment that strives to achieve great things" Sometimes the word a Christian school gets bad reputation or has a bad connation. But for a Christian University, Carson-Newman is the best. We have a very LARGE LGBT group; actually two of my best friends on campus are gay. And our president is wonderful individual that will do anything for the students. Also we strive to be academically smart in everything we do. Many of use have multiple degrees at the end of the four years.

When I was in high school I was always focused on getting the best grades and maintaining honor roll. That might not be the best mindset though. We should be focusing on learning instead of achieving a certain grade. Enjoy learning and having the opportunity to learn, because there are many people in the world that would happily be in your shoes. You should try your hardest with school, and if you do so then be proud of whatever you earn. Know that in a few years it won’t matter what grade you got in a certain class, so don’t stress about it. That’s another thing I’m still learning. I recently got a D in one of my college classes, and part of me is still stressing from it, because I have never gotten a D before. I should be proud of that D though, because I worked hard for that D. I went to many study sessions to try to understand the concepts better, took practice tests, and made study guides. Honestly I worked harder for that D; than I did the classes I got a B in.

The best thing I like about my school is the Christian atmosphere. It’s a small Liberal Arts College, and I am thankful for that. I like everywhere I walk I know someone to wave and say hi to. I also love the flexibility of a degree you can get. I’m currently a Communications Major with a double minor and Theatre and Art. But I’m thinking about making the Theare dregree a major. I’m also thankful to be on the Forensic team, which is my backbone at the school.

Jennae

My classmates help eachother to strive to become the best students they want to be.

Do not make decisions based on friends, significant others, or money. Do what is best for you. Do what you dream. Take others into consideration, but never let them make decisions for you. Apply for every scholarship you can find because college is expensive. Find a great transferrable job. Work as much as you can to save money. Spend your graduation money wisely. Do not give up on your dreams no matter the obstacles and trial you may face.

The school has old buildings, a lot of outdated equipments, bad internet, and not a lot of clubs.

Tori

I would have to say that my classmates are a community, like a big family; everyone knows everyone and we all support each other.

To highschool Tori. Do not stress yourself out over the little things, they do not make a difference in the long run. Do not worry about having your entire future planned out, take life day by day; it's more enjoyable that way. Prepare yourself for making new friends that you can depend on and branch outside of your comfort zone; it's alright to be scared, but don't let that limit possibilities. Learn how to deal with conflict. The world does not revolve around you and the world is not all rainbows and ponies. You will encounter people you do not get along with, but you need to learn the best way to approach conflict. It is time for you to stop avoiding confrontation and face things like an adult. Sometimes you have to be the bigger person. Swallowing your pride is not fun, but thats usually what it takes to solve conflicts. You can do this, this life things isn't as hard as everyone says it is. Finally, enjoy every day you are given. It is truly a gift to be in college and an athlete and do not take that for granted.

I wish I would have known what its like to spend the majority of my time in a cramped room with another person. I had a terrible roomate and I was not equipped to deal with it correctly. I also wish I would have known better studying techniques. Although, I make good grades I have no idea how to correctly study for exams.

Glory

The atmosphere was amazing. Carson-Newman in the years I attended was the #1 school in the nation for community service. If you went to Carson-Newman the odds were that you were there because you planned on making a difference with your future career choice, which made for great people and relationships.

Don't underestimate your abilities. Don't hold back . You only live once and doubting yourself only wastes time. Loosen up! There are about to be a lot of people that are different from you in the future. Go with it. You can learn a lot from them. Don't be afraid that experiancing other cultures and veiws will cause you to loose your own. It won't. Its all a part of building your own identity. Don't get carried away by this new freedom though. Practice good study habits early, don't assume that you can just improvise your way through. Once you've created how you study, its hard to break the habit. Learn to aprecieate the wisdom of those in positions of authority, even though you can't see it in the moment, their decisians are often what benefits you in the long run. It may not seem fair at the time, but they want you to do your best work, not acceptable work. Finally, don't be afraid to have fun, but be smart. Life is all about balance.

The faculty and small class size are the best things about Carson-Newman. Every class the faculty stressed, "How are we going to change the world? Today or in the future?". Every professor was there to serve the students and push them toward their goals. My professors were not just my teachers, but my friends and colleagues. The small class sizes allowed you to get their individual attention and develop a sense of comraderie with classmates.

Myrissa

Our service work that we do, our version of "The Hunger Games" and how much money we have raised from doing it, and the one and only Ken Sparks, football coach legend.

I came to college thinking that I was going to go for Sport Medicine, I guess mainly because I knew they made amazing money. But that did not work out. And then I thought about majoring in my favorite subject from elementry school and high school which is History and even thought about teaching it. But that didn't make me happy either. It wasn't until I took a semester off to particpate in the Disney College Progam Spring 2014 at Walt Disney World that I knew that I would not be happy unless I was doing something within the Entertainment field. So that's what I am now doing. I am majoring in Film and I am so happy. I would tell myself to go in undecided and let God show you the rest of the way to your happiness. And he did. And I am truly finally happy with myself.

A person whom enjoys small campuses, who likes to see a familiar face everyday (Like the school's President!), those who enjoy doing a giant service project all over the county on one day (or multiple), and maybe someone who wants to go to a Christian faith based school and will not "diss" the religious aspects and requirements of it.

kaitlyn

Carson Newman University is a school for people who know who and what they want to be and are prepared to do everything in their power to succeed.

The first thing I would tell myself is to skip community college and go straight for a 4 year university or college. I would tell myself that all of the struggles I had experienced up until that point were nothing compared to what I would face later. I would tell myself that it is very possible to run out of financial aid (as I have done this semester) and when that happens DO NOT GIVE UP. I would tell myself that there won't be anyone to help you but you, and you will feel like giving up. I would explain that at any given point you will feel like you are standing on a line between giving up and seeing just how much more you can take, and no matter what, you have to keep pushing. I would tell myself it will take longer to get your degree that what you originally planned, and that it will cause much more trouble, but to keep pushing and trying as hard as you can.

To attend this school you need to be goal-oriented, determined, driven, focused and prepared to push yourself.

Carson-Newman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.