Jefferson City, TN
Carson-Newman University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Carson-Newman University

Katie

If I could give myself advice as a high school senior, I would tell my shy younger self to not be afraid to get involved with campus activities. I would say, "You need to be bold and unafraid of what other people think about you." My high school self was shy . Even though I have grown into a more out going person, I would tell myself to get involved in everything I could. I would tell myself to stay in the dorms and tough it out. Making friends that will last a life time is something Carson-Newman is known for as wel as education. The friends you make in college can influence the way they rest of your life turns out.

The best thing about this school is its small courses that allow you to interact with the professors on a one-on-one basis. The teachers know your name and are willing to help you with anything. The classes are small so you do not feel like you are lost in the crowd.

A person who likes to drink and party. As a Christian college, Carson Newma values good desicion making. A person who does not like small towns or can't entertain themselves does not need to attend this college.

Meagan

My classmates are very compassionate and kind, and genuinely care about the well-being of each other.

I have gotten so much out of my experience in this first year at Carson-Newman. I have met so many good friends that are much like me. I love being at a school where I can see my teachers around campus and they will know me by name. I can't number the times that my teachers have asked me and the rest of the class over for dinner at their houses. It is a joy to be at a such a great place where I can study, learn, and grow in my faith the way I want to. I absolutely love it here at Carson-Newman! However, the tuition is extremely expensive, and I have trouble scraping up the money to make it through the semester. I would love to continue here, but if I run out of funds I may have to transfer to a cheaper college closer to where I live. The money from this scholarship would be greatly appreciated and used to pay for a quality education at a wonderful school. Thank you.

I go to a private Christian College that allows a positive, Christ-based curriculum. In addition, all the teachers are Christian, which is particularly nice.

Leah

My classmates are very friendly and are interested in learning, but also like to have fun.

This school is unique in that it is a small liberal arts Baptist based school. It allows small class sizes and extra attention from the teachers. It also allows deep relationships to be formed and for the campus to feel like a family.

I feel that I have gained a lot out of my college experience. I have formed relationships that I know will last a lifetime and truly feel like I have a family here. I feel that through college, I have gained a lot of valuable information for my future career. I am an Interior Design major and I now feel more prepared than ever. I have wanted to be an Interior Designer since second grade, and attending this college is allowing me to make my dreams come true. I love being here and I almost don't want it to end, but I know that it has prepared me for the better things to come. College has made me more aware of other cultures, religions, beliefs, and lifestyles. But most importantly, it has taught me about myself and I have gained a new self-confidence.

Rebekah

There are many things that I have gotten out of my college experience. I have been in college for a year and a half, and I have already learned so much. When I first started college in 2009 I did not know what to expect and I did not take it as seriously as I should have. This resulted in me losing my scholarship I had, and making it a huge financial burden on my whole family. After that, I started to really take my classes serious and I started to really enjoy going to school. What I felt about college has completely changed and attending college so far has made me a better person. It has given me a better work ethic, and it has made me want to better myself. I plan on continuing college and earning a Bachelor's Degree. College has been so valuable for me because I will be the first one in my immediate family to graduate from college, and that is extremely important to me. My college experience has been great so far, and I cannot wait to continue my education and further myself through continuing college and earning a degree.

I am a much stronger person because of my college experience. I started college at a private school about three hours from home. I had to live on campus, share a room with a stranger, cook and clean for myself, and take responsibility for myself. I didn't have a mom to wake up in the middle of the night and tell that I was sick and ask "What should I do?" I had to learn to fend for myself. I learned that I was a much stronger person than I had given myself credit for. When I transferred to a schoolcloser to home, I realized just how much I did for myself when I was away. Whether I was doing laundry, going shopping, or studying for a big test, I made sure to do it the right way. Besides the surviving on my own part of life, college has taught me that an education is really priceless. No matter what you learn, there will always be more to learn. My college experience has been valuable because I realize just how important it is to learn as much as you can and then in turn teach others what you know.

This school is a private Christian school, but that doesn't mean all the students are Christian. I did however meet many devote Christians. I would not recommend this school for those students who do not believe in God or his teachings. Also, a person who wants to just skate by on charm and looks better attend another university or college because this school is about learning.

I like to tell people that the best thing about Carson-Newman College is the professors. With smaller classrooms, the teachers can get to know you for who you really are. You are not a number in a roll book to them. They can get more personal with you. If class needs to be cancelled, they call you. You don't have to find out when you get there. They always have really neat ways to teach. They teach on more of a practical level than a textbook level. They want you to learn how it really is in life.

Meredith

I have gotten a great education, but have also made lasting friendships and connections with my college family.

C-N offers a great sense of community and family. It is absolutely a home away from home.

Students looking for a party school, or for those who must have a fast-paced lifestyle.

Destiny

My school is the best school, because it is small and has a friendly atmosphere.

It is very small and remote. The campus is filled with loving and caring student and faculty. The teacher know you for you and care about your success.

I have learned that you have to challenge yourself in order to strengthen your views. This is a trait that can be used throughout life. I have also learned that you need to loosen up a little and have fun every now and again. It helps get away briefly from a stressful situation. Never be afraid to ask for help. If things are bad, get help before they get worse.

Carson-Newman has a comfortable feel to it. I went to other colleges, but as soon as I stepped onto Carson's campus, I knew it was the place for me. It felt like home. I didn't feel self-conscious or tense or pressured. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I could breathe again. That's still how it fills for me. I'm happy here. The campus is beautiful during the seasons, I always have something to do, and the other students and professors become my best friends. It's incredible.

I would its outreach programs. We're heavily into missions here at Carson. We work with a lot of people involved in social welfare programs and overseas ministries. I know we have a lot of Appalachian Outreach workdays, and every fall and spring break we have groups that go work in NPOs in local areas and in places like China. It's hard work, but it's rewarding. We enjoy doing it, and the sense of accomplishment and purpose that outreach ministry gives us goes a long way toward our success later in life.

Hey, Hannah. I know you're pretty nervous about college. All these people are telling you different things, and you're not sure what to think about any of it. DO NOT WORRY. You'll be just fine. I know you'll keep up the good work as far as studying goes. You've always been the sort of person to give your best at everything, but in the hustle and bustle of academics and class schedules and grade point averages, please try to live a little. Reach out to other people when they offer a kind word or a smile. Seize the day. Do more than just read books and complete homework assignments. I want you to look back at college and know without a doubt that it was a time of growth for you. Don't hold back due to fear of failure or looking silly. Everyone looks silly at some point, but the silliest-looking people of all are those who fill their lives of up with what-ifs and regrets. I don't want that for you. I want you to have a life rich with diverse experiences. You'll learn more that way.

Gerald

The advicde I would give myself as a senior in college is to just stay focused and not be distracted and work hard. through highschoolI was the top basketball player in my county and ranked pretty high in the state of California. I thought I was just going to play basketball for a living, but as i got older and started playing at the next level, even though i was doing well on the court, seeing a new life of being on my own brought new distractions that I never had to deal with. Now I see people that are doing what I was suppose to be be doing and I just beat myself up over it. But i'm sick of it, so now I'm taking charge and I know that God has blessed me with other gifts. The advice I would give myself as a highschool senior, currently at this moment I am giving myself right now. Not only am I fighting for myself now to succeed in life, but I have a beautiful son and a wife, so I will not fail again.

Jerry

If I could go back in time I first would tell myself to study harder, choose my courses a little more wisely, become more involved in school activities that would not only enhance my high- school experience but would also be beneficial to a promising career goal for the future. I would make more of an contribution to programs that would greatly improve my life for then and now ; such as community service projects, becoming involed in business oriented endeavors and immerse myself in studies that would greatly improve my chances of succeeding after high-school and into college life. Studies such as History, Math, Science, this alone with extra cirriccular activities such as Basketball, Band , ROTC, Choir in an effort to have a more rounded high-school experience.

Carson-Newman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.