Jefferson City, TN

Carson-Newman University

« See more reviews of Carson-Newman University

I like to tell people that the best thing about Carson-Newman College is the professors. With smaller classrooms, the teachers can get to know you for who you really are. You are not a number in a roll book to them. They can get more personal with you. If class needs to be cancelled, they call you. You don't have to find out when you get there. They always have really neat ways to teach. They teach on more of a practical level than a textbook level. They want you to learn how it really is in life.

One of the best things about Carson-Newman would be the size of it. It has a little over two thousand students. Class sizes are small and most professors will try to get to know you a little better so it is nice that you are not just a number. The small size of the college also helps when you need help from a proffesor ,yes, they have office hours but usually it is not hard to get in to see them or contact them via email and other means.

I tell my friends that it is a great place to meet friends. I also tell them that I love most of my classes and that I met the most wonderful man ever at CN, my fiance. I also tell them that the school has a lot of social activities to help people make friends especially for freshman.

I tell them how wonderful the people are, how caring and supportive the professors are and the beauty surrounding the school. It's a small town so you really have to develop your own fun.

What a great college Carson-Newman is. Very down to earth, faculty are great, small classes, and have gained great friends.