Carson-Newman University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Carson-Newman University

I love the small atmosphere. Teachers are more devoted to our education and really want us to succeed. The campus needs some updating. Overall love the people and the education. The facility needs some TLC. Also, would love to see more clubs, groups, and campus life.

Tori

I really love Carson-Newman. In my time here I have come to view it as a second home. I have met the best people and made the best of friends. I could not imagine my life without them. Beyond my peers, the professors at CN go above and beyond. I have never seen a group of people work so hard for their students. CN being as small as it is lends itself to having a very tight-knit community, and that extends to the professors and staff as well. I cannot imagine that many students at larger schools go to their professors' houses for tea or Christmas parties; or that the president has every graduating senior to his home for some time to reflect about their time at Carson-Newman. Overall, CN has the best student base and professors that anyone could ask for.

Jayden

I love being a student at Carson-Newman University. I feel comfortable, feel important, feel as thought the professors genuinely care about you as a student and a person, and I feel as though this is where I belong. Continuing my education in a Christian atmosphere is where I want to be and can't imagine being anywhere else.

Alexandra

For the most part, I love the school. The small class size and over-all student body allows a feeling of community and care that most other schools are not able to offer. There is a real feeling of caring from professor to student, about the success of the student. Most of the students there are athletes and the ones that are not tend to be in their own groups. The on campus housing is horrible apart from AP Commons. The Cafe is also horrible, but for the most part I love the school and the environment.

I love it here so much. The people and the professors are very involved in each other's lives. Since the campus is small, everyone knows everyone and I love that because I feel like I am in a small town at a college. Everyone is so nice to me, and I can't wait to attend next year.

Gracie

Carson-Newman is a great school academically. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and understanding. They are dedicated to the success of their students over all else. Socially, it could use some work but if you are determined to find extracurriculars and groups that you click with you will be fine.

Briana

I love Carson-Newman with all my heart. When I came to visit the school during my senior year of high school I instantly fell in love. The campus is small and so are the amount if students that go here. You run into a lot of your professors around campus and the students in your classes. The class sizes are not very large either. Some classes will only have seven people while others have around thirty. I am taking six classes right now and all my professors know my name and will make sure I am transitioning into college just fine. Carson-Newman was my first choice college and I do not regret it one bit.

Graelyn

Carson-Newman is a great college to attend. The campus is a lovely campus and is not too difficult to navigate. The staff are very helpful and respectful. Whenever you come to them with a problem they will help you in any way that they can and they do so in a timely fashion.

Sara

I love it here! I just wish all building were accessible to all student. Most buildings are really old and have no elevator. The art building needs major updating. I think to art department need to be funded way more. We need to focus more on other students rather than just football players.

Leah

Carson-Newman University has a smaller student body, but there is a lot of “cliques” within the school. If you don’t make friends the first couple of days your freshman year, then you won’t have any close friends during your time in school. The art building is very old and run down, yet all the other buildings are really nice.

Mackenzie

Carson-Newman is very good school with wonderful professors and faculty. The school is built on a wonderful foundation with a beautiful history. Although I have only been attending Carson-Newman University for one year, I consider it my home away from home because of the nurturing campus. You really feel safe here with the full 24/7 security constantly roaming campus. I cannot wait to go back in Fall 2020!

Christiana Amy

I love the class size and how the student success center helps you get back on track with grades and other school stuff.

William

100% for Carson Newman , plus my girlfriend goes there and everytime i go there i feel like im at home the campus is so live and exciting , i want to play football there , and get to the coaching staff , im so eager to learn there if i get accepted

Destiny

I loved going to Carson-Newman University and would never dream of going anywhere else if I had to do it all over again. My professors were invested in my success and did not view me as a number or a paycheck. The classroom sizes were small and professors were always available for assistance. Even years after graduation, I have a speaking relationship with many of my professors. The University president knew almost all of the students on campus by name and invested in the well being of the student body. The University creates a tight knit community of individuals who support each other to become successful.

Mattie

I love the small student classes and the energy that walking around campus gives! If you want a small amazing school Carson-Newman University is the fit for you!! Music and art are very supported by everyone on campus. Sports are a big deal, but they come after school. Overall Carson-Newman is the best college ever!

Kylan

I love Carson-Newman University! I originally thought that I would have a really hard time being 25 hours from home but here at Carson-Newman the students, teachers, coaches and community have all made it a priority to make me, as well as others feel right at home.