Cascadia College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cascadia College

Christine

I think Cascadia is one of the better community colleges in the area by far. I decided to go here because it is much cheaper than any university and my goal here is to get a business transfer degree. If you are here for a cheaper, less stressful beginning college experience this is the place for you. What makes it amazing is the resources we have. We have all the same library and online resources as the University of Washington but at a community college price. Plus Cascadia is very accredited with (I think) almost all of the Washington state Universities meaning most if not all of your credits will transfer.

Kevin

Cascadia is a great place to go if you are looking for college credits as a running start, or if you haven't decide yet what you want to study. Some of the tracks are unrealistic and takes more than two years to finish, but it is wort it. Campus is right next to UW Bothell so that means that the library is available for Cacadia students too, and that is a great advantage for scholars. Quiet life on campus, not too many event. Wish there were more sports like Soccer, Handball, Basketball, or Football.

Whitnee

Cascadia offers a very developed campus that’s shared with UW Bothell. The library is shared among the schools as well, so the resources for community college students are extensive. We are also provided access to UW’s online library site with vast academic sources for research. Cascadia classes take place in 3 of the buildings on campus, making it a simple task to get from class to class. There is a Subway on campus, daily food trucks, and 2 café options to attend to any craving. I would recommend 9/10 of their professors at a community college level. They are helpful, available, and can usually explain what they’re teaching in more than 1 way to accommodate every type of learner. My only complaint would be the course requirements to receive an Associate’s Degree at the college; I had 105 credits, but I didn’t take the “College Success” course, so I almost couldn’t receive my Direct Transfer Degree. This complaint was overturned when I went to an academic advisor at the school and they waived the College Success course due to the amount of credits I’d already received!

Anya

I have enjoyed my time at Cascadia. The college emphasizes community learning and connecting our learning to real world problems. Our library is amazing and our laboratories are awesome. Parking is not so great, but other than that, I have really enjoyed my time here. Cascadia is a great place to start your college journey for cheaper than any university. The college also works closely with UW Bothell which is nice.

Cascadia is a diverse, loving, and fun community. It gives you a safe environment to meet different people, and discuss hot topics, without feeling attacked or awkward. It also has such a beautiful campus, with hiking and a completely edible forest. But my favorite is that every week they have food trucks come in, and students will get food and play games in their recreational building, the "Arc". I would recommend the school to anyone.

Kiara

I have loved being a student at Cascadia College. Although I am a mere Running Start student I have never felt disconnected from the other students. Overall I have felt that it is a very open community and willing to support each other. I also know that being connected to the UW Bothell campus isn't an issue either. Overall I think that Cascadia college is a good school.

Jeffrey

I really like this school. Because it runs on the quarter system, it is more work intensive than other schools, but you get more credits out of it as well. At the same time, Classes are 2 hours for the most part. I have had only a few bad professors but I hear that there's a few others I haven't had. The ARC is a great place to hang out on campus when you're not in class, I use the gym quite a bit as it is a good stress relief. You also get access to UW materials as well, so that is a huge plus. Overall, a great school.

Shanelle

Cascadia College is a wonderful community of faculty and students. During my time as a student at Cascadia I developed the skills necessary to transfer to a four-year university. The professors are caring of their students. The extracurricular activities offered are diverse and unique. There is at least one club that each student will feel welcome to. Cascadia was a great experience for me. I was able to take the courses I wanted without difficulty.

Cascadia College is a nice, friendly, and a welcoming environment. The people are friendly and the teachers are great. They care about your grades. The campus is clean and there's only three buildings which is nice. There's lots of amenities and opportunities to meet new people. Overall this is a great school and the classes are well taught.

Douglas

I think it's a good school for anyone going into a non-medical science or engineering area. I'm sure that more socially adept students will be able to take a greater advantage of the resources & opportunities, but social life at Cascadia isn't the greatest outside of class. The food trucks that come are always a way to experience some flavor when things get a bit dull. Additionally, the professors largely care for the students' learning & give extensive instruction that's not repetitive.

Laura

Attending Cascadia has been a wonderful experience. The campus is easily accessible and class schedules are perfect for the working student. Class sizes are small and professors are willing and available to offer assistance. The math tutoring center was a huge help in succeeding in my math classes. The school is on the same campus as University of Washington Bothell and offers the lower tuition costs of a community college, but the library, recreation center and resources of a larger institution.

maleah

I have loved Cascadia since I started here as a running start student. It has a very friendly atmosphere and small enough that you get to know people quickly and see them frequently on campus; professors included. Very much of a family/ community feel here. There are always events happening whether it be talks, games, or just fun events.

Sabrina

Cascadia College was a great option after I moved to Seattle. The campus is clean, scenic, and although the classes may be limited, it's pretty straightforward for a 2-year community college. The humanities classes in particular were my favorite, full of discussion, whereas the STEM classes tend to be more cut-and-dry. Overall pleased to be graduating with my AA degree from here.

Audrey

Cascadia College recently added a variety of 4-year degrees amongst their current Associate's degrees. The learning atmosphere couldn't be better, we welcome all students from all walks of life. All of my classes are filled with diverse students of different ages, races, and backgrounds. Students really do support each other's learning. Cascadia College shares a campus with UW Bothell, allowing Cascadia students to have amazing benefits like access to any UW library and a shared resource center. Most Professors are adamant about helping their students succeed in their college education.

Nina

I think Cascadia College is a great place for students to start out their college journey. They allow you to explore different classes and career paths if you are unsure what direction to go. Cascadia students also have access to UW resources which is a huge plus as a community college. They share a campus with UW Bothell which allows access to other opportunities. The campus is also beautiful and well-maintained. I had overall good experiences with most of my professors and have learned a lot during my time there. It’s a smart way to save money by starting at community college and later transferring to a university to obtain a Bachelors degree.

Miranda

Cascadia is overall an okay school. The teachers have always been pleasant to be around and they're very accessible. Most of the teachers that I have taken courses with want their students to succeed. I do wish the academics were more challenging and that the school would not require certain courses.

Kristina

I haven't been going to Cascadia College for a long time but on my second quarter of my freshman year, but I do have an opinion of it. Cascadia is a very welcoming place and has a beautiful campus which is shared with the Bothell campus of University of Washington. One of my favorite parts campus, is the library. It is shared with University of Washington, but it has so many study areas and lots of windows which allows you to find a spot with a view easily. The students here are all very kind and are serious about academics, so far I haven't had any problems with any student and there is so much to do, especially since its a community college. There are any shops surrounding the college and the area always feels safe, it's quiet and lots pf places to explore when you have time in between classes. Speaking of classes, the classrooms are spacious and the teachers are accessible outside of class hours, which is very appreciaeted. The classes are challenging but very class has a unique learning experience. Would I recommend Cascadia College? Yes, Yes I would! Just everything about it, there is so many pros and I almost can't think of any cons!

Liliane

Cascadia College is a very inclusive place for people from all backgrounds. Predictably, it is more liberal than conservative. Since it is right next door to UW Bothell, it has lots of academic resources and clubs to join. I think it is one of the best community colleges around!

Jana

I believe Cascadia college has some amazing professors who really care about their students success. I however think the parking is outlandishly expensive for poor college students and that the group projects are thrown in to meet a criteria rather than for great educational value. This school is safe clean and provides good education though.