Castleton, VT
Castleton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Castleton University

Matthew

I have learned a lot about my self during my three semesters as a college student. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student I would tell myself to try harder. I’ll be honest I did not apply myself during high school When I got to college I quickly realized that if I did not apply myself I would not be successful. The prof that I have started applying myself in college is there! In my three college semesters I have only received one B and have an accumulative GPA of a 3.9. I have received a 4.0 in my last two semesters. So, I would say the one big piece of advice that I would give myself is apply myself to your school work.

I would say the worst thing about Castleton is the lack of things to do. There is really nothing to do in town or on campus accept go to the gym and workout. I consider this the worst thing because there are many cases where I just sit in my room and do nothing.

William

Castleton is best known for its art and theatre programs.

Castleton is best known for its art and theatre programs.

Get more scholarships using these websites. Also you should get out more. Get in touch more with our family. Less video games and more work. Get out and hang with some friends. Make some friends

The showers at the ellis dorm. THe teachers are great, the food is great, the education and lecture rooms are great, but the showers need to have hotter water and more privacy.

samantha

I would give myself the advice to really be prepared more. My first college semester I was not prepared at all. I wish that the high school I went to would have gotten me more ready for college. My second semester of school was a lot better. I was more ready and already knew what was expected for college. I would have studied a lot more. College is nothing like high school and I feel that more high school seniors think that it will be like high school, which is not the truth at all. The transition was a little hard at first but making friends and having a couple of friends here at the school made it a lot easier.

nothing, i love castleton. the only thing that could really be the worst thing is the food sometime

how close it is to my house and how small it is. i love this school it is just right

Danielle

The adivce that I would give myself is to always be open and make as my friends as I could. As long as youhave friends in college you will have a great time. I know that my roommate didn't have friends when she came here and she hated her time here and went home all the time. Now that she has friends she doesn't mind staying here. I know that I made some pretty good friends right away and that I have always enjoyed being at college because of that. I have made good friends there that I know I can always count on and that will be life long friends.

I don't really think that there is someone who shouldn't attend Castelton State College. I believe that everyone could fit in here. Everyone here is friendly and will welcome you because that's the Castleton way. Even the teachers are great. I know that I can always go to them when i need something and they will always make sure that I am on the right track.

The thing that I brag about to my friends is probably how nice everything is. Castleton just added two year ago a new dorm which is the nicest one that we have. Along with that they put a lot of money into the sports that are played here, and they jsut redid our cafertia. I know that the food isn't always the best, but that we have a great new cafertia.

Lynn

Castleton State College is very well known to be environmentally friendly as well as actively involved in the local community. Unlike other undergraduate institutions, Castleton has successful ties to local high schools and elementary schools, mentor programs, and local businesses. Castleton students take great pride in their work with the populace in the area surrounding the college, drinking in the experience and knowledge they gain.

As a high school senior, you are about to face the end of your career as a secondary school student and embark on one of the most exciting journeys of your life. Whether it be at college, a full-time job, or the military, I encourage you to find out who you are as a person and what your passion is. Passion is what will guide you through the next chapter in your life and help you better understand what kind of person you want to be. Making that transition from high school to college can be tough. It is one of the first times you've lived away from home, you will meet dozens of new people, and will be challenged academically. But you CAN do it. Intimidating at first, but within the first year you will discover just how capable you are. So stay motivated, maintain a positive attitude and have confidence in yourself. But most of all, have fun. I've been told these are "the best years of our life". :)

Before entering Castleton State College in the fall of 2009, I wish that I had known how research-oriented the school is. Although the Psychology and Sociology departments require students complete a unique research project, most other departments do not offer research opportunities. The Natural Science department allows students to work with a faculty member on a small-scale research project of the student’s choice. However, Castleton is not a well-funded institution and does not allow students to perform laboratory research projects. I would like to have known these things before attending Castleton State College.

Eric

I would give my advice to try to go out and experience a drinking party. Also I would tell him start looking into scholarships and internships.

The best thing about Castleton is the feeling of a private school at a public school. The size is just right and almost all of the facilities are very nice. The reason I feel these things are the best things about the school is because they are what helps to make Castleton different from any other school in the area.

i wish I knew that Castleton doesn't have a co-op program which would make Castleton the best school for me.

Victoria

Look for scholarships, as many as you can. Don't stop, don't delay, just go find guidence and ask to see what your avaliable. Don't wait to file your FASfA, do it as soon as April Vacation hits. Use space bags to pack your clothings, it really works, I promise you. Finally, have fun, and enjoy yourself. You will make a bunch of friends and don't be afraid to try for things even if they are a little weird.

I wish I had known more about how many general requirements this college needed. If you don't know what you want to do, this is a great school for you, but for those of you who wanted to get started on your major, you have to go through a few frames of refrences.

The most frustrating thing is finacial aid, and finding a job on campus. If you don't have a car, your going to have a harder time getting a job.

If i were able to go back in time, i would tell myself to stop procrastinating. Getting accepted and picking classes was the easy part. I would tell myself to start getting loans as soon as possible. You are completely on your own once you leave high school. Your parents can only do so much for you. I would of told myself to step up my game and realize the High School is almost over and i need to focus on what is in front of me. I noticed during my senior year, everything was too easy. I never understood why, i thought it was because they were cutting us all a break from the four years we put in. I was wrong. I know now that it was easy so we could give 110% to going to college. I was one of those people who blew it off and thought my parents would do eveything for me. Again, i was very wrong. I would tell myself to pound the pavement and get out there. Visit the college and get as much information about financial aid that was humanly possible. Hopefully it's not too late for me.

Stacie

Castleton is pretty ordinary, but it is small enough for students to get to know the faculty and the Spanish club is good.

If I could go back in time and talk to my younger self, I'd have some advice to give: College is great, but don't rush it. There may be some advantages to putting college off for a year or two after you graduate high school. A teenager who has never paid any significant bills can't really conceptualize the kind of money necessary to pay for college. When I signed the dotted lines on my student loans, I was ignorant and made some bad decisions. I think that spending a year or two working before going to college would have helped me realize the investment I was making and made me more aware of the realities of student debt. A year or two of work before college would also have given me time to save up money for college, dramatically decreasing the overall cost of college, since loans must all be repaid with interest. I think a person grows a lot in their first year of paying bills, and I think that having that experience before going to college would be very beneficial to students. Don't be afraid to take a year off before going to college.

People who are just going to skip class and not do homework shouldn't bother going to college.

George

Some are quite hard workers, some do seem to not care and just do whatever they feel like though. Those who are hard workers do an extremely good job keeping their grades up and setting an extremely good example for thier fellow students.

Stop, look more into the schools and visit more schools than you think is necessary. Senor year can also make a difference in how good your high school gpa is, dont let it slip just because you are almost done. Just because a school is semi-close to home, does not mean it is the perfect school, going to a school a couple thousand miles from home might be perfect so go check it out! Also think about those things that make you happy, remember when catching bugs and snakes and lizards was the best thing in the world? Maybe because a zoology degre would be perfect! Then going to grad school and focusing on herpetology will be wicked easy! Good luck and focus on school.

The sceience department in general. Everyone is awesome so long as you work hard and strive to succeed. I see a lot of professors as friends and mentors rather than just teachers, I work with them, do research with them, travel with them, they are like extended family and help me so much to succeed at school and outside of school.

Castleton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.