Castleton, VT
Castleton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Castleton University

Brianna

Nursing and Education. The men's ice hockey team is becoming better known around the country too.

Don't choose a school based soley on athletics. Make sure that if you break a leg and can't play anymore, you will still love to be at the school.

The people. I have met some of the best people at Castleton. I also love the campus, it's georgous and small. I love the location. I am from a city and wanted something different when I went to college. I love everything about it.

Curtis

Small campus with a big heart. Fixing the campus to look better and helpful staff all together.

Find a college that fits what you are used to. Im at a smaller school and I came from a smaller school. Its working out great for me. Just some advice.

At the moment there is a lot of construction going on because of building upgrades that we are putting in.

My advice would be to make sure that the advisors at the school know what they are doing and know the direction that your child is going in. Make sure the school is what the student wants but also agree with the parent. Find a school that really meets the students interests. Students should live on campus at least the first year to really get the college experience then move off campus to find out what it is like to really live on your own.

I did take some courses that I didn't need. I wish I knew more of what classes and tests that I needed to take before my second year of school at Castleton.

This school is small but it has a big heart. It is easy to adapt to this school. There are many different clubs, activities and sports at Castleton. I really enjoyed being at this school.

Laura

Castleton is a small school with a big heart.

Castleton is a small school with a big heart.

Visit the colleges that you are looking at and talk to some of the students at the college. If you are able sit in one or two of the classes that are offered at the college to see if the class is what you expected. If sports are your interest talk to the coach and some of the players on the team, go to a few games and practices if you can.

Kelly

Small college for people who enjoy that kind of environment.

Small college for people who enjoy that kind of environment.

In finding the right college you really need to think about what you want to study and the kinds of settings you want to be in. I made the mistake of being indecisive in my major and have to transfer because I decided I want to study something the school I go to doesnt offer. The key thing is to be happy with the people you are around. I enjoy my school I love the small setting and the area its in. When chosing schools dont look at them as,"oh I can afford this", or "oh, this is not an option its too expensive", look at all schools as, "what can this school offer me?" Always apply, go look at the school, see what it offers for classes, and expierences you probably couldnt get anywhere else. The best advice I can give is always stick to choosing the school you think you will be happiest at. In order to do well and learn to ones full potential you need to be happy in an envrionment that fits you best.

People that like small classes and know what they want to do.

Ryan

my school is small, but growing in various areas, and one of the most enviromentally safe colleges in the united states.

there a serveral that have changed over time, some of which include the two fraternities one of which im in, the nationally ranked hockey team, the new football team we just started this year, which i started playing, and how enviromentally active the college is.

There are a few factors that affect finding the right college for a student which include the cost/financial aid, the majors offered, location, and simply going to visit a college and getting the feeling of it. a student and their parents want to be able to pay for college so looking at the price and what finanical aid is available is important. In my situation i knew what i wanted to do, so i was looking for a college that had my major and was a good program. some students want to go away others want to stay close to home so finding how far you want to go makes an impact. the other factor is simply going to colleges and failing in love with the college that feels best for the student. this is my advice to all parents and students, i hope it helps.

Tari

Find a college where your child will feel like they belong and where they feel they can grow to be a better person. Be sure campus security has a prominant role in campus activities. Find a school were your child's professors are not only teachers but have the potential to be mentors for life.

I consider the sense of community that perpiates this campus to be the best thing. It makes me feel safe and like I belong.

there is nothing more that i wish i had known before coming to this school

Castleton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.