Castleton, VT
Castleton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Castleton University

Students and parents seeking the "right college" for their upcoming experience should consider the type of person that they are sending to college. Students who have done well in high school most likely will do well in college. It is important to remember that going far away is not always the best option for students, especially those who are just 18. Make sure their are enough discussed activities that you can see yourself participating at during your first year. Do not choose a school because your best friend is going there as well. It is important to choose a school where you feel you are going to grow, not a school that mimicks high school so you feel totally comfortable. Students should base their decision on their personal intrests because they are ultimately in control when they finally attend their "right college".

The best part of our school is that the professors relate to the students and care about what each one of them has to offer.

The unorganized student services office and the fact that no one can figure out what the right answer to a question is...especially pretaining to credits needed for majors or minors. Also they are unclear about graduation requirements and completing the audits they require for graduation.

Steven

Most of my classmates are equally as motivated and concerned about school as I am, we mostly enjoy simplicity (like most college kids) and most of us tend to be really into the outdoors such as snowboarding and skiing.

The best advice that I could give to high school students who are in the process of trying to find a college that will be successful for him/her is to definitly do your research. It really is very important to go on these tours that the colleges offer just to see the campus and get a feel for what kind of atmosphere it is your looking for.

Before coming to this school I wish I would have known how small 2,000 kids really was because honestly I thought it was going to be much bigger and a lot more active on the weekends.

Chad

I would say that find a college that suits you the best. If you like big colleges then go to a big college, but if you want a small college then go to a small college. Cost is very important too! To make the most out of your college experience, work as hard as you can to earn good grades. Don't sell yourself short. However, you also want some sort of social life too. Meet as many new people as you can. Make the most of it because you will only have one chance to do it.

Alexandra

I feel that the best advice I could give to a parent of a student about to go to college or a student themself is to know what you're looking for. When you know what kind of environment and experience you would most likely want to immerse yourself into, then that can help narrow the choices for a college you'd like to attend. Once you're able to find a place that has what you are ultimately looking for, being able to have a great experience comes soon after. Getting involved with campus activities and the college community will really help a new student have a great experience. Through this, you will be able to meet new people from different parts of the country, even the world. You will be able to learn new things, get involved, and even learn new things about yourself. I know that I have grown so much as not only a student, but as a person in general. I am still continuously learning each and every day I am experiencing college life whether it is going to classes every day or being apart of a club or hanging with my friends. Be yourself!

I feel like the kind of person that should attend Castleton is someone who tends to hold liberal views. I also feel that they should feel like they are comfortable in a very small community and a place where there are not many corporations and big buildings, like a city. This is a very small town and, though there is not a lot to do, it is still a great place to go to school.

I came to Vermont after I graduated high school in Arizona, so when I'm here I tend to brag about the weather and environment because it is such a different experience from Arizona. I also love how small my classes are and how we get more one on one time to speak with professors. I just love the size of the school and it is absolutely perfect for me and fits my personality well in many ways! Overall, I love the school I attend. It is a close-knit community of great students and faculty.

Andrew

I would tell them not to attend a school thinking just because it has a higher tuition it is better. Even a school with a low tuition can have a huge impact on job placement, and on that persons life. I would also tell them to go to class and do the homework to their best ability, just by going to every class and trying on their homework can eliminate most of the stress of college life.

I wish that I had known how involved the school was, I am very pleased.

I brag about the sporting event, the things i get to do in my classes, and how nice my teachers are.

Andrea

They are friendly and helpful!

They are friendly and helpful!

For being a community orientated school.

For me finding the college was a place in which I enjoy and create a new experience. I loved Castleton because I was able to feel like one big community who is there to help one another out. I loved my major as Spanish and Education becaues I could get the academic support from tutors and my professors!

Nathaniel

Visit the school first whether it would be a guided tour or walk around yourself, ask people that go there how they like it. Go out and make friends try sports and other activites even if its a club or inturmural sport just be a part of something

A person who wants a smaller college with small class sizes, and professors who want to help students

Castleton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.