Catawba Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Catawba Valley Community College

April

As a community college I feel are resources for learning is very limited and I wish the students would feel that their learning would be some sort of obligation and hold a fund raiser. I know that a lot of other building as in arts and music hold fund raisers often and always have some sort of budget; while on the other hand, the science building has barely any budget to buy necessary materials to aid the students and we have to rely on other things as in the online textbooks that - although have very detailed and extensive pictures - don't really help because a patient will not be in picture but in person waiting to be checked and looked at for diagnosis. Catawba Valley Community College is not a terrible college because I know that most professors go out of their way t help any students that are in need.

Shaleah

Catawba Valley Community College is a great school for those who are not yet ready for the University life yet, they provide great academic services and I would highly recommend it. I love how friendly and helpful the professors are. Since it's a smaller campus, there's not too many students in a classroom and it's an advantage too, to be able to communicate and be involved more. I love that as well, we can all get to know each other and help one another strive to do better in the same course.

Maiha

So far so good. Good experience. Good academic and caring involvement.

nicole

I think CVCC is a great school! They help With any problems you may have and help you get on the best path thats fitted for you! The campus is in the middle of Hickory, NC and theres a lot of stuff to do around there, as well as plenty of clubs to join. It is a community college so there isn't any housing but they have bus routes that will come and pick students up. I refer all of my friends here and im super thankful I go to such a great school.

JoAnna

I really like Catawba Valley Community College. The class sizes are not too big, and the teachers are always there for you. When you email the teacher about homework help they email back as soon as they can. I also feel really safe on the campus every time I come on campus. All of the students are really nice and help you out as well.

John

I personally believe Catawba Valley Community College is a very good college. As a student I really like this college because the teachers here are very helpful and nice, and they really care about the students's education goals and their future. I also really like the students and friends that I have met in this college they are kind and nice people.

Cornelia

Catawba Valley is a great school and I love it! I drive 30 minutes everyday just to attend the school. I've encouraged others to attend the school. The campus is beautiful and the teachers are always available when you need help. Also there's a music program that is on the rise and anyone can join even if you're not majoring in music.

Meredith

I have enjoyed all of my teachers at CVCC. Most all of them will meet with you after class if you are having any trouble with the material. The class size is decent, you don't feel overwhelmed. The Learning Assistant Center has been a tool I've used on multiple occasions as math has never been my strong point. The tutors are very helpful and break things down so that you can understand it. I have no complaints about my school and I would recommend it to anyone looking to attend a great community college.

Austin

I think that cvcc is a well rounded community college. Although the student body is not very large the campus is suitable for the student body. The college is generally for students coming out of high school who are looking for a 2 year associates degree and that plan on transferring to a university after receiving that. CVCC is a great option for high school students who are unsure of what the want to study for their major, students will also come to take their general studies before transferring to their preferred destination. CVCC also has Division 2 sports programs in both genders.

Devin

I am working to obtain my Assoicates in Arts degree. CVCC is the local community college in my area. It is very convenient while still having tons of academic opportunities. The facilities are great and there are many new construction buildings in process. I find it a progressive community college that offers a ton to this community.

Gage

Catawba Valley Community College (CVCC) has a relatively small campus. We have four main buildings plus a student center that we can relax and talk to friends in. The school is super affordable and has a lot to offer their students. The food may not be the greatest but the people are interesting and the professors are well versed in their respective studies. They are always ready to help and constantly try their best to keep us motivated in the classroom. CVCC has taught me the basics of getting through college and has put me on the right path towards my future degree.

Hayden

The college is great for communication between students and teachers. Already within the first semester I have run into a couple of issues with assignments or have been confused of what is needed to complete said assignment yet all of my teachers have responded to me within a day to guide me. They respond to their emails frequently and sit with you after class to discuss issues. The athletics here are not a big deal, there is not a big student body going to see the games or what is happening around campus, it is more of a college to get your education and work towards your wanted career. The career center within the college is highly recommended as I have used it to find a job best suited for my schedule and preference. Nonetheless, I recommend the college for someone trying to get their education without having to spend an excessive amount of money.

jack

Catawba valley Community College is a very good school for learning and making new friends. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent there and I hope this review helps others in deciding on whether or not to attend. My time at CVCC has been invaluable in terms of getting adjusted and acclimated to college life and classes and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Marissa