Catholic University of America Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Catholic University of America

Francesca

The Catholic University of America is such a joyful community and plenty of opportunities to get involved. The academics are stellar and the professors are highly educated and qualified in their respective fields. On the flip side, housing and meal plans are outrageously expensive, and the immediate neighborhood is not safe (though the campus itself is very safe).

Magdalena

An awesome place to go to school! A ton of opportunities to do whatever interests you, there's always something to do. Classes are great, and there are a ton of options.

Jenny

While there are lots of masses here every weekend. CUA definitely is not short on parties

Anna

I am primarily here for the music program. The music faculty are incredible, and active in the music world. They provide students with countless opportunities for growth and improvement, including free master classes, scholarship nominations, invitations to perform in venues like embassies and the Kennedy Center. I chose the school because of its strong music program, but have not been disappointed with the academics, specifically in philosophy. The professors are creative, knowledgeable, and experts in their fields (many of them have published research and studies), yet they are always available for student meetings and office hours. The small class sizes allow students to build relationships not only with their peers, but to develop rapport with professors that helps lay the foundation for getting wonderful recommendations, internships, and even job opportunities. Additionally, the city of DC is an excellent location for students, with endless events and opportunities available.

Jake

I currently attend Catholic University and it has been such a great experience. The campus is awesome because it is far enough from D.C. to be away from the hustle and bustle and then far enough to enjoy the city. The professors are amazing and always available. Apply to CUA.

The atmosphere is very dedicated to learning, which I personally like. There isn't a lot of non-academic related activities, and there's definitely not much of a party scene, but if you want a school where the classes are small and the profs are at the top of their field, that has a big campus feel but stuck right in the middle of a bustling city, CUA might be for you.

Brianna

Catholic University has one of the best nursing programs in the country. Academically, the school is great with small class sizes and available professors. However, the social life is limited, Catholic is definitely more of a bar school. Sporting events are not huge at Catholic and most of the teams are mediocre. The location of Catholic is fantastic. Access to the red-line is located at the foot of campus and the Capitol is less than 15 minutes away. Catholic University is a good choice for students that are choosing to study architecture, nursing, or business. Overall, Catholic isn't a bad school, but if you are looking to have fun and party all the time, it probably won't be your first choice.

Christina

The Catholic University of America has continued to impress me since the day I first stepped on the campus back in 2014 for a campus tour. We pride ourselves in our diverse field of academics and there are so many ways for students to get involved in something that they are passionate about. There are enough people to always meet a new face, but the school is small enough that you always will run into a familiar face as well.

Christian

I love Catholic University. Everything from the faculty and staff to the dining. The people that work here are friendly. The staff is always trying to better University life. People work hard here. There is always something to do and there is a large variety of people to become friends with. When you are here, you are home.

Olivia

CUA is an awesome school set right in DC, which comes with access to the whole city via the metro stop on campus. If you prefer to stick around campus, no problem. CUA has the largest green space in all of Washington DC and there are places to eat and things to do close to campus as well. There are lots of great people and a ton of opportunities for everyone! Awesome school!

Abbey

I love CUA. The nursing program is extremely rigorous but worth it; there are incredible externships and excellent clinical sites that you will not find elsewhere. The student body is very friendly and being in D.C. means you will never be bored.

Kaila

I have had an amazing experience at Catholic! I love it, it has a perfect atmosphere great for being involved in politics and culture. I enjoy being in a city so populated with culture and I love the people I have met along the way as well they are all friendly and inviting. Great atmosphere to better yourself!

Jaime

Is it a nice school overall? one could say so, it would be a nice school if tuition was around 2k a year instead of 23k. This school is just expensive for no reason, I am pretty sure undergrad students are paying for the private parties where lobster and company girls are abundant among the religious people that run this school. A person who has killed someone is eating the same food that I am eating right now, and he gets it for free, I had to pay 3,7k this semester. I am sure there is more sexual freedom in Saudi Arabia than in our dorms. And I can't even bring a person over because they would text that person if she stayed after 12, the level of unhappy virgins in this school is absurd. And the cafeteria looks like a concentration camp, that is the only place on campus in which you will see a black person, and it really seems like the people that run this school do this to feel better about themselves, which I hope is not working. I can't even ask for two paper cups, I am pretty sure people during a war are nicer towards their enemies.

Catherine

Have been attending the school strictly online so I have limited on-campus experience. But the enrollment and academic process has been great. My only complaint was when we were to locate internship programs, since we are online students we were expected to do the search ourselves. But our in class counterparts were given access to an online listing of internship programs in the DMV area.

Siobhan

CUA is a very good school, with many academic and extracurricular activities, and an excellent location in Washington DC. I love how I am able to easily leave campus using the on campus metro stop, as well as stay in when I want to. The food is decent, but could definitely use either more variety or better quality. Everyone who works here is very friendly, and the professors are highly accessible. I would definitely recommend attending!

Nick

Overall, I'd say that CUA has a lot of good things going for it. Students are relatively nice everywhere you go, and the staff appear to enjoy their time here. The course curriculum is definitely challenging at times, but allows for students to be able to develop lasting relationships with their friends, which in my opinion is just as important as academics.

Francesca

I love the Catholic University of America. From inside the classroom. to the city life, this college has it all. The location is extremely convenient and the overall environment is a healthy one. The students and staff are supportive and the classes are captivating. Not only are the students able to learn on campus, but off campus as well due to the museums and monuments close by. I highly recommend future students to consider attending the Catholic University of America.