Cazenovia, NY
Cazenovia College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cazenovia College

Kathryn

Cazenovia College is a perfect for anyone looking for a small, homey feeling, campus! It'd the kind of campus where everyone knows each other, and you are much more than a number. You can expect close relationships with your professors, among other staff members. You won't be able to make it across the campus without being greeted by somebody. There are dozens of clubs and sports to get involved in, as well as events to participate in every week. You'll never be bored, and if you are you aren't doing it right! The only downside is the lack of variety when it comes to food, but does food really matter when you have an amazing lake view just a 2 minute walk away?

Allie

I believe that this is a greats school that has many intellectual oppurtunities to push people to do their best. This school is very small so you get to know everyone very well which increases your liking of the school. The coaches and teachers are always around to help with anything and even if you don’t know a faculty member personally they will still help you with anything.

Alysse

I enjoy the professors I've encountered, the availability of them, and how willing they are to help. I sometimes feel like the class sizes are a bit too big and too much to handle. There is a lot of supportive individuals on campus to help with whatever you need like specific resources for things you're looking for. I enjoy the amount of extracurricular activities that occur on campus especially the showing of new movies on the weekends. The campus is a perfect size for anyone looking for something small and homey. A negative comment I have is that the enrollment services office doesn't seem to know what they're doing at times and has messed up financial aid I have and what they say that I owe them. That has happened to me countless times throughout my four years so I feel like they need to be more straightforward and explain things better.

If you're looking for a college with a small class size, professors who want to know you and a beautiful surrounding town then this is the college for you! The college is on the small side, with one dining hall, but that is part of what gives it's students the attention they need. The campus is right down the street from Main St which has a lot of shops, a couple restaurants, a theater and a tea lounge! Down the street a little ways away is the Jephsen center which is the newly renovated art center for almost all the art classes. If you travel a little farther down the same street you will reach the Cazenovia lake which is beautiful!

Brianna

Caz students don't have a stereotype as a whole, but within our ranks we stereotype each other. The equine girls have their stereotypical group; the baseball guys have their stereotyped group; the honors program is stereotyped; and the druggies fall into their own group.

I am a double major, and an honors student. Caz is one of the only places where I can do that, and have a minor, and be able to graduate in 3 years. Our academic programs are mostly challenging and educational. I have not taken a class within my first year that I didn't learn something that stuck with me. I use what I learn in class every day; I bring it into casual conversation, and I am a better, smarter person for it. Caz is not the most competitive school, so some of the other students aren't the brightest. It's not as academic as I wanted for myself, but there's definitely room for it.

taylor

I WOULD TELL MYSELF STAY WITH IT AND DO NOT QUIT. i DROPPEDOUT AND HAD A CHILD WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO STICK AND STAY, YOU ARE WOTH IT, YOU CAN DO IT.

tHE STAFF IS HORRIBLE, THE SCHOOL IS NOT HELPFUL, THEY PROMISE A LOT AND DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH. THE SCHOOL IS OVERPRICED FOR THE VERY LITTLE THEY OFFER. THE DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM IS HELPFUL BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE FULL-TIME SO YOU LOSE OUT ON FUNDING

Nothing. I do not brag about this school in any way, shape, or form

Emma

Cazenovia is relatively small and that is a factor I was intrigued by. I wanted that close relationship to my professors created by small class sizes and you definitely get that at Cazenovia. I also liked that Cazenovia was not a huge city. The atmosphere around town is very comfortable and homey and that is exactly what I was looking for.

If I was able to talk to my high school self I would advise myself to take my time and not rush into anything. The transition from high school to college occurs in a rapid whirlwind of events and that can sometimes become overwhelming. Taking each step one at a time and enjoying the ride makes it all worthwhile. I would also tell myself to focus more and study hard. Developing good study habits in high school is crucial to succeeding on a collegiate level. On a less serious note I would tell my high school self to sleep more. I took for grantid a good nights sleep in my own bed and I wish I could get some of those nights back. I would also advise myself to listen to every ounce of advice from my teachers because now I realize that everything they did for me throughout high school has truly benefited me in college. Even the teacher who makes you right multiple essays every week is trying to help. In retrospect everything happens for a reason and I'd say my biggest bit of advice would be to keep an open mind and go with the flow.

A person who enjoys quite small towns should attend this school. Environment adds a lot to the college experience and Cazenovia is located in a beautiful small town, but if you are unable to entertain yourself it isn't going to be for you. Cazenovia College is best for those who know what they want and who are focused and willing to work hard for their degree.

I only really have two things to say: Be more outgoing - stop watching and start participating. I know you're worried you'll sound dumb or people will hate you, but really speaking up is the only way to know either way. And they're are people who are like you, but it's hard to find them if you never try - and not having friends makes things harder than they ever need to be. Decide something. Stop dawdling and letting important things pass you by. Having to be forced into decisions makes you end up with bad ones. I know it's nerve-wracking to commit yourself to something when you aren't sure if it's the best choice, but being stuck in something that was a last resort that you hate can be worse. So take advantage of everything you can that's around you, enjoy yourself and appreciate where you are and how far you've come.

The close knit environment. It's really easy to get ahold of professors or your classmates if you need help or have missed work. It's helpful that way socially as well.

Katherine

Stay true to what your gut is telling you. That is the best advice you will ever recieve and it is one of the single most important things to keep in mind. I went to the wrong school for the wrong major after highschool, telling myself it would be fine and I would adjust when in the back of my mind I knew it didn't feel right. I just wanted to go out and be independet - that was very exciting. After high school, I wanted new experiences and to push myself. I pushed too hard too fast, and everything crumbled right before my eyes. After I finally decided to listen to what my gut was telling me, I transferred to the school I originally liked and entered into the major I should have gone with right from the start, and I'm happy I did. I still got away from home, had exciting experiences, and met some wonderful people who I'll know for the rest of my life. Just remember this: change is good, but make sure you listen to your gut. Listen to your gut and to your parent's advice and everything will fall into place.

Somebody who wants "the college experience" they see in movies and the media - there is no Greek life at Cazenovia, and it's overall very quiet. The food is average, and the dining hall never has enough seats - the campus is quiet and peaceful for people who like that, but if you want to party all the time, go to Syracuse.

Cazenovia College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.