Allentown, PA
Cedar Crest College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedar Crest College

Cynthia

The school has a wonderful Nursing programs and challenging science department. It has a thriving theater program. It hold excellence in competive female college athletics. It is known for its community out reach service. The Da Vinci Center connected to campus provides science excellence to the students and the community at large. It has decent fitness center and programs that promote healthy habits including diet and exercise. There is an amazing pool on campus that provides many beneficial programs. All fitness programs are cost free for students. There are many different clubs to meet everyone's needs and desires.

Dear Me, High School is over and you can't wait to go college, but here's some things they don't tell you when filling out those applications: First, welcome to a full-time job. Didn't see that coming. Time to roll-up your sleeves. Sure the difficulty is about the same, but there is much more work and higher expectations from professors. Secondly, FOCUS. Sure, go party, hang with friends, but remember you have to budget your time. Be ready for those all-nighters and the consequences of misjudging your time. Have chocolate on hand. It is time to step-up to the plate, be responsible and learn some discipline. Third, find the fitness center. You're going to stress-out, gain weight and start feeling lousy. Nip it in the butt! Exercise the body while exercising the mind. Forth, find a club or two. Join and make friends. They'll help you more than you'll ever realize. Lastly, it will not matter what you scored on a particular test or what classes you took when it is all said and done. What is important is the person you will become. Make the most of it.

Someone who is looking for a small, intimate classroom setting that puts one's mind to work through interactive discussion and informative and often hands on projects. This is a woman's college, but men can take evening and weekend courses. Whether a traditional students or someone going back to school later in life can acheive their goals and be apart of a tight knit community that is enviromentally oriented and service/volunteer driven. At Cedar Crest College, it is a work hard, play hard kind of campus. It is diverse allowing students to be who they are.

I would have practiced using a planner more high school so that my time mangament skills were better in college. I would have studies harder to get higher scores on my test and therefore gained more scholarships for the school of my choice. Lastly, I would have learned to say no to my family and focused more on my school work instead of taking adult responsibilities when I was only a yougn girl...

the maintence for each season there are decorations, flowers, and things to make the campus look pretty

Danielle

Learn how to manage your time! your going to be involved in so many clubs/organizations, socities, volunteering, having fun with your uber great best friends, and of course your ginormous course work. But don't worry, you're a level-headed young lady with lots of support around you, and with a fierce determination I know you possess, you will get through it, inch by inch. If you need help, ask for it, there are many people available who do not mind helping you. And if you like her, go for her, take chances, never look back and regret. Good luck love!

The semi-isolation from the surrounding community. There's a slight lack of vibrancy I know is possible if not for the suburban environment.

Kaleigh

I would put a lot of effort into teaching myself to study. College is fun and exciting but is also demanding. A lot more time and effort gets put into things like homework, projects and research just to keep your grades. Also, make a lot of friends and enjoy freshman year because from there on it gets tough. Be active in on campus events and programs because you meet a lot of people including professors. Make sure to try things you haven't done before. This is the time to find out what your good at so branch out. It's worth it to try. And even if it doesn't work, chances are you've met some great people.

It is a little small so you get to know people really quickly and news travels fast.

Someone who is serious about there education and willing to put a lot of effort in but ready to gain a lot of knowledge.

Alexis

My classmates are all very involved in campus life as well as their studies.

My classmates are all very involved in campus life as well as their studies.

Get yourself organized! No one is going to stand over your shoulder and make you do your work and it is all up to you!

The credit overload policy. Though they claim that research doesn't count, it does.

Justine

My college is located on a very small arboretum, which makes the surrounding area just beautiful. It is also near the city of Allentown and about 2 hours drive from Philadelphia. The faculty in the science program are wonderful and are very interested in making sure that you do well throughout your college career.

Listen to your heart. If you don't think you'll be happy at a particular school, then don't go. If you are unhappy in a specific degree program, switch majors. The sky is the limit, and you need to do something that you will enjoy, because this is about enriching yourself and also about finding a potential career.

It's an all girl school, so if you're a girl, you've got a leg up. However, some men also attend. Other than that, anyone can attend.

They are accepting and willing to work together to learn the material in class.

They are accepting and willing to work together to learn the material in class.

Don't try to have everything figured out all at once. Be willing to be flexable and go with the flow, it may lead you somewhere you never expected and end up being what you really wanted.

Better sense of the financial need, being better prepared would have really helped out

Always encouraging. I was very shy when I came to CCC, and the fact that other students helped me get involved really built my confidence. I felt at home at Cedar Crest.

Really do your research and find a college that has the same values you do. Visit the campus. Most students know their perfect school when they set foot on the campus. Meet with professors and your admissions counselor. Choosing a college is a huge process...and it is important for you to be happy wherever you go. I graduated from CCC...and I now work in Admissions. I love this school. Give us a call...I would be glad to set up a visit for you!

Cedar Crest is a women's college...and I was skeptical at first. But it was such a rewarding experience. It really helped with my self esteem and I got involved in things I don't think I would have at a co-ed school. (Such as student government) The atmosphere made me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to.

Compared to other schools, Cedar Crest's most unique feature is its all-female student body. The only other school I looked at is West Chester University, which is not a women-only college. Academicly, Cedar Crest's most unique feature is its amazing forensic science program.

Choosing a college is likely one of the most important academic decisions a person makes throughout their lifetime. Having said that, there are several things that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, the student needs to choose whatever it is that makes them happy when they are selecting a major. From what I have seen, it's more important to be mediocre in a subject that truely enthralls you and captures your attention, rather than excelling at a subject that makes you unhappy. While many academics and parents may disagree, I feel that there is no reason to major in something if you do not enjoy it. Your major is determining factor in your future career, and 30-40 years is a long time to spend in an unsatisfying career. Another important factor is environment and distance. If the student is painfully shy and grew up in a small town, a large campus may intimidate them and hinder them socially and academically. Social butterflies may feel stifled on smaller campuses and flourish on larger campus. Once the student finds the right college, they should be willing to branch out and try new things and meet new people.

I don't really consider anything about Cedar Crest to be its worst feature.

Cedar Crest College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.