Allentown, PA
Cedar Crest College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedar Crest College

Margaret

Cedar Crest is best known for its strong Biological Sciences department. From the very beginning of a freshman student's education in this field of study, she (or he, sometimes) will participate in a small research project in the spring semester of the first year. Students are also encouraged to continue researching their own interests through work on a thesis.

When I was deciding on a college, I knew that wherever I went would need to have the major I in which was interested It limited my options a bit, and I ultimately chose the school from my list of "major-friendly colleges" that I was pretty confident would accept me. It seemed like the most practical decision I could make. One of the most important lessons after I arrived at college is that a lot of other students had chosen our school for similar reasons. Many of us ended up discontent with our college experience and/or transferred to another college or university, as we realized that, outside of the majors we had wanted, it really was not a good fit at all. My best advice for anyone looking to attend college is to take your time observing the actual campus community and see if it would be enough to keep you happy even without your current major of choice. Even if there are other campuses nearby, it will still make a huge difference in your college experience if you don't have anything but academics to keep you at your own school.

In my opinion, the best thing about Cedar Crest is the mutual respect typically present between professors and students. Instructors see students as individuals and treat them as the responsible adults they are becoming. It leads to an environment where everyone can learn from each other, no matter their age, race, or major.

Kristen

They usually make me feel comfortable expresssing my opinion.

They usually make me feel comfortable expresssing my opinion.

I f eel that in choosing the right college you need to look at the location, the size, the extracurricular activities, and the living situations. There are many types of colleges out there so you do not need to settle some place if you are not fully comfortable there. As for making the most of your college experience, I would make sure to balance your school work with your social life. It is key to keep a planner and make sure you stay up to date with school assignments and not procrastinate. I personally work very hard with school but give myself a few nights a week to relax with friend and destress. That is the way to survive!

I like that it is small and the teachers get to know you personally.

Victoria

My school is great for those not ready to go to college yet.

My school is great for those not ready to go to college yet.

I wish I'd known that I would be judged by my appearance immediately, and that some students would hold onto that initial judgement forever.

I would just say to really think about what you want to get from your education and options you think you might want after you graduate that the college you choose can offer you. It's also important to look at the campus size, the parking options at your campus, especially if you are a commuter. It's also really important to go to the campus and walk around without being part of a tour to get the experience of what it will be like when you're there your freshman year.

The staff. Many of the professors I have had are very knowledgable and I feel that I have learned a great deal from them. They have accomplished a lot with their education and they are very willing to share what they know with their students.

Heather

Cedar Crest is tough, fair, and will let me go far in life.

Cedar Crest is tough, fair, and will let me go far in life.

We are a small women's college that is very research and science oriented.

Find a school that fits your personality. Also, take the time to do your research. What do I want to study? What kind of social activities do I want surrounding me? These are important questions that will help you choose the right school and enjoy it.

Private womens college allowing for a great oppertunity to be involved in many different activities.

I would suggest that parents and students tour many different colleges and talk to professors and students at the school they are interested in. Once accpeted and attending the college I would tell the student to get involved in on campus clubs and organizations. They are a great way to get to know people and often there are a wide range of activities offered.

Students who are focused on academics and are looking for a small, but strong community to support them.

Katelyn

So much focus these days is placed on putting ourselves or our children into the "best" college -- the most prestigious, the most well-known, etc. What's most important, though, is finding the college that best fits a combination of your or your child's needs as a scholar AND as a person. Think about personality, think about needs, think about resources, not just a name. Once there, use what's available to you! Find out what resources your college offers and take advantage of them -- you'll be glad you did. Also, don't make the mistake of limiting yourself to your campus. Even small towns have a unique character to them, and if you're near a city, don't let the temptation to use what's closest to keep you from experiencing the sights and sounds of the big world beyond your campus gates.

Trying to live off-campus is a nightmare -- just stay on campus. The dorms are nice enough, and it's so much cheaper.

Awesome professors, great lab resources, close to Philadelphia.

Jamie

They are all women who tend to be very diverse. Their interests vary greatly, but they are very intelligent and very kinda. Most of them will help you whenever you need it.

The best advice that I could give parents or students who are looking for the right college is to go with your gut and not worry about the cost. Write out a list of things that you want in a school and see which of your choices best fits what you want. Be sure to visit the school because otherwise you really won't be able to judge what the school has, or if you like it or not. Also don't base your decision on money because there are scholarships, loans, and financial aid to help you. Even though a school is expensive it may be the right school for you, and there is nothing worse than going to a school because it is cheaper. In the end you want to have a great college experience and that is truly worth the extra money, because there is nothing that can compare to a great college experience.

Cedar Crest College is best known for being one of the top all women's colleges in the country. It has very high acedemic standards and a sense of community.

When deciding on a college its really important not to let anyone else make the decision for you. College has the potential to be the best time of your life, but it can also be the worst time. Just remember to choose the college that is right for you. I've seen a lot of my friends choose colleges because it was what their parents expected of them, or to be close to their significant other. Just know that if you make the right choice you have a higher chance at being successful, and being successful is what anyone who loves you would want for you.

The most frustrating thing at Cedar Crest College is its lack of extra activities. There are some clubs and activities, but it lacks the amount of people and funds to make it possible to have the parties and events you might find at a larger college.

Lindsey

Nursing. Biological Sciences. Psychology. Dance. Being an all women's college.

Nursing. Biological Sciences. Psychology. Dance. Being an all women's college.

I can say from personal experience that the most important thing to remember while searching for the right college is to always keep and open mind and to not instantly dismiss a school without looking into it further. When first finding out that Cedar Crest was an all women's college I was instantly ready to say "pass" and move on. However, after speaking to a representative of the school over the phone, I was convinced to take a tour of the campus. Upon my arrival I was instantly captivated-- the campus was so beautiful and the people were so sincere and helpful. A year later, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. And now, rather than sneering at the thought, I'm proud to say that I go to an all women's college. As for making the most of the college experience? I say be ready to try new things and step out of previously instilled comfort zones. Try out for that team, join that interesting club, take that challenging course... Without an open mind and a willingness to explore possibilities how can you ever expect to make it through life-- let alone college?

The lack of attention to studio arts. I'm an Art Major and would love to have more options available.

Cedar Crest College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.