Allentown, PA
Cedar Crest College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedar Crest College

I strongly sugggest that the parents allow the student to choose the school that makes them feel the most comfortable, and do not pressure the student into attending the school that the parents want their child to go to. Students should visit a few colleges to get a good idea of the different options that are available and to look carefully into the programs that they are interested in. Although financial circumstances are extremely important in chosing a college, there are many scholarships available through various programs so no school is completely out of reach. Another suggestion for the student would be to attend classes that are in their field of interest so they can get an idea of what they will be like if they are actually attend the school. If class size is a factor, you may be able to see how small or large classes are. Previewing residence halls if living on campus is also important. The student should feel as comfortable as possible in the residence halls, it will be their home away from home. Chosing a college is not always an easy process, but their is a school out their for everyone.

The best thing about Cedar Crest is the intership programs. It is a graduation requirement but it allows the students to get hands on experience in the work force before entering it on their own.

There is a wide variety of students who attend Cedar Crest College. The typical student is female, and is academically oriented. Most of the students are very friendly and open minded.

Jasmita

Cedar Crest College is a Liberal women's college with strong academics but lacks opprotunities for a good social life.

You can always transfer if it doesn't feel right.

The facutly and professors are very helpful. They are almost always avilable.

Cedar Crest College's many goal is the sucess of the students.

Cedar Crest College's many goal is the sucess of the students.

I advise students to choose the college or university that makes them feel at home when you walk onto the campus.

Look at ALL the options. Don't limit yourself with distance from home branching out is the best part about college. Surround yourself with good people and the weeks will fly by.

the people attending this school they make awesome friends and a killer social network

The labs they are intense but an awesome way to learn things hands on.

To make the most of your college experience, students need to visit and apply to college and universities that they feel meet all of their academic and social expectations. Don't base where you are going to school on your friends or boyfriend/girlfriend. Be open to all different types of people, because not everyone is exactly like you. I love my school, but I don't live on campus. If I were to do it all over I would live on campus to experience the real college life, and to learn how to live on my own.

It is an all girls school, and if more men would attend Cedar Crest it would create a more diverse environment.

Jasmin

My advice that I would give to parents will be first to start looking at colleges early. There are many choices of colleges so you have to make sure that your child picks the college that they will feel comfortable in and where you feel they would benefit the most. It is a big decision when it comes to the major as well, so start talking to your child about their interest of majors early. Once you have an idea of what your child wants to study for their career, then you should research colleges that focus on those majors. That is very important when you are deciding on the right college. Students also remember that there is no rush for you to finish school. Take your time, study hard, and always enjoy life. College is very hard and requires lots of studying and lots of work so always keep focus and don't fall behind. Make friends and have study groups so you can all study together. Never give up. Sometimes you may fail, but don't let it get to you just do better next time. Good Luck!

The worst thing about my school is the tuition rate. There is too different tuition rates for students. If you are a traditional student, which is someone who has been out of high school for less than 4 years, then you have a higher tuition rate than if you were a lifelong learner student, which is someone who has been out of high school for more than 4 years. II think it should be one equal rate.

The type of students who should attend this school are those who want to learn and grow. Students who do not like big lecture halls would also prefer Cedar Crest because of their smaller lecture rooms.

Grace

A very pretty campus with many proffessors willing to help.

A very pretty campus with many proffessors willing to help.

Start early looking into school and visit every school you are interested in. Get as much information as you can!

Someone who is accepting to change and new things

Heather

I fully believe that it is important to do your research. Figure out what kind of setting you would like to live in, what kind of learning atmosphere you strive best in, and what extra cirricular activities you are interested in. As for making the most of your college experience, get involved. Even if its only one club, or volunteering or just making your presence known. You'll find people with similar interests, goals, and aspirations. They can help you study, keep you focused and help you relax and have fun. Scholastically, make sure you devote enough time to your studies and distribute the time evenly. Don't focus too much on one hard subject and leave your other subjects behind. You can get lost in work too easily.

I feel the small environment and hands on learning with involved faculty make this school the best choice for me.

I get to brag about how much research I am involved in and how much I can prepare myself for graduate school and beyond.

Roberta

My class is a diverse group of women all with different tallents and abilities.

My class is a diverse group of women all with different tallents and abilities.

The college experience is above all a time to discover ones self. When looking for "the right college" I believe that you have to look inward. Determining what your goals and expectations are for yourself and for others will in turn help you determine what encvironment will best nourish your needs. My best advice is this: Do not set yourslef up for temptation and failure! If one of your goals is to keep yourself involved in you campus activities and you pic a school with little or nothing to do on campus you will be dissapointed! If your goal is to not party during the school year and you choose friends with a different ajenda than you, you are only tempting yourself. If you approach college with and "I can do it" attitude you will not succumb to failure. Do not forget that while they are important it is not only about grades and book smarts, developing your personality, sprituality and own ideals is just as important. Take one day at a time. REMEMBER-"It will all be alright in the end- if it is not alright...it's not the end!

The amount of work is sometimes overwhelming. The academic focus is strong, giving us the right tools to succeed.

We have several top programs including our Nursing Department, as well as our Forensic Science Department. We also have a wonderful education program. We are also building up our Foresnic Speech Program. Our school is also heavily involved with Community Service and we are very proud of that.

Make sure that you go and visit the college and try to set up as many personal interviews with the professors of your intended major(s). They will appreciate getting to know you and you in turn will get an inside look at the program. Parents and students should always ask questions. When I went to look at colleges I took a list of questions into my interviews to ask professors and professional staff. I asked about everything I could think of, from financial aid options and scholarship opportunities, to questions that were unique within my intended major. Another thing that I would suggest is to talk to the students on campus. Many of them will give you an honest opinion about the school, they will tell you things that some of the professors or professional staff may not. The most improtant thing about looking at a college however is to find one that you feel comfortable on, if you walk on to a campus and feel like you are home than more than likely that is where you belong.

Cedar Crest is a Women's College and we are proud of that fact. It is something that we, as a school has strived to maintain. It is an amazing school that accepts everyone who walks through their doors. It doesn't matter where you come from or what you believe in as long as you enjoy what you are doing, you can belong at Cedar Crest.

Cedar Crest College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.