Cedar Crest College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cedar Crest College

Cedar Crest College is a good college. The classes are small, and you have the ability to really get to know your professors. There is a lot to do on campus from clubs to sports to community service. The food isn't great but it could be worse. The best part of Cedar Crest College is that if you are in good financial and academic standing, then in your sophomore year, you can travel abroad for free during spring break. My class is traveling to Athens, Greece for the week.

Kristal

I love Cedar Crest!!! This school is great! The campus is beautiful and there are plenty of things to do to get involved. Our professors are wonderful and most have Ph.D.'s in each of their fields. Sorry boys, only men in the Nursing field are welcome at night. This is a girls campus. The food is good and I have not met a person yet that wasn't nice or pleasant. It reminds me of a little town from years ago!! Again, I love Cedar Crest and would recommend this school to any girl out there. Oh, the classes are small which makes it easier to approach studies and extracurricular activities!! There is so much to do on campus!!! Please, take it from me, Cedar Crest Rocks!!!

Skylar

Cedar Crest college is my second home. The environment is beautiful along with it's long history from 1867. It's a small, quiet campus, but it's a great school to focus on your work. The class size is small, which I like because the professors will get to know you. The professors are great. They are available after class, in their office hours, and will reply to your email as fast at they can. Tutoring is available in the library all the time, but getting together with a group of students for a study hour is what I prefer. Everyone here is very friendly and welcoming. It was a very easy transition from leaving home to moving here. Also, there is always something to do. From bingo to trunk or treat, there is also many free fun trips. Cedar Crest offers many opportunities. There is hundreds of clubs, which you can even make one yourself. Also, the sports here look really fun and being on a team here would be a dream come true. Lastly, the academics here reach for the stars. I am an intended nursin major, which their program here is one of best In the state and country. This school even has a sophomore expedition every year and my class will be going to London next year! Cedar Crest is an amazing school and I am glad that I am here.

crystal

I attended Cedar Crest College back in 1992-1994 for my academic classes required by St Luke's School of Nursing. I returned in 1999-2002 to complete the Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. I started classes in 2004 towards the school nurse certification, but stopped due to work and children. I reentered in 2016 and successfully the School Nurse certification program. I have experience with CCC spanning many years. Professors are always reachable and responsive.

Jacey

Cedar Crest is a college that is dedicated to academics and student development. Cedar Crest pushes students to find their passions and pursue them no matter where they lie. The campus is small and secure with a beautiful landscape. The class sizes are very small, making it easy for students to form relationships with their professors. The small community makes campus feel like a supportive family that is trying to guide you to your future.

Erica

Cedar Crest College is a great college! extremely involved in academics and has a variety of activities to do on and around campus. The campus, faculty, staff, and students act as a big family. The professors are very interested in the well being of each student, if a student does not understand something they are more than will to explain concepts multiple times and extensively engage in order to make sure the student completely understands the concepts at the conclusion of their meeting.

Elyssa

I am a first year student at Cedar Crest College. I am currently living on campus but till be living off campus next year. I did not have any problems while staying here, the dorms are nice and you only share a room with one other person. The community is great its rather small so you get to know everyone very quickly. What i like about this college the most is that your not just another number. The professors get to know you by name and you actually begin to form a proper student-teacher relationship. If you like playing sports we have a range of sports and the coaches are very understanding that school comes first, If your a first year student you have a mandatory 8hrs a week of studying you must complete in designated areas or you could get playing time removed. we also have a fitness area that is open 24hrs a day. we also have many clubs and many opportunities for students to get involved. also, we have on campus jobs that understand academics come first.

myeisha

I enjoy being a student a Cedar Crest College. We have very involved and helpful faculty and staff members. There are many upgraded facilities and resources on campus that enhance our learning. Professors are almost always readily available when you need them. We have several clubs and organizations on campus, where every student is able to find a place they feel comfortable.

Sara

The students and faculty make the hard things worth it. Cedar Crest has always challenged me, yet despite all of my struggling, I am still able to thrive in my personal and work life. The food can improve, for sure. I'm not here to spill tea, but my honest review is that the way the students and staff are treated can change. I spoke to some of the cleaners and food management; they are overworked. It seems that is the case in all major institutions but at such a well-known school, one would expect more respect for their workers.

What I like about Cedar Crest College is their commitment to diversity and the population of the school. It is a small school, around 1,600 at last check; rather than feeling like a number, the smaller class sizes have helped me to develop personal and student relationships with the professors. The campus is very diverse, with international students and students coming from all over the United States and a few students from other countries. I have been a part of the Asian society of Asian Animation club, Treasure and PR for Psychology club, and club Member of Out There. I love how involved the Professor inf the Psychology department is with the students and how dedicated everyone is dedicated to reaching their goals. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime .

Erin

Cedar Crest College is full of opportunities that I haven't heard colleges do elsewhere. College is college, it's not home but if find something you like to do and a few friends to share your time here with can can feel like a second home. It's not about the school as much as it is about you getting involved, the college experience is different for everyone but those who take full advantage of the opportunities that are available tend to have a higher opinion on Cedar Crest College.

Kelly

I love this school! I took a 4 year break after high school and jumped right into the workforce. I recently returned to further my education and I am so glad I chose this school. I am currently working full-time and attending school as a part-time student but the professors are always available when you need help and the small class size is also a plus! Would definitely recommend!

Asher

It's a very friendly and accepting community. Everyone knows your name and it's a tight knit community, ready to help you whenever you need it. It is an arboretum as well, so the scenery is gorgeous. The campus is small so no need to catch a shuttle. Academics are important and there are staff and faculty, as well as current students available at all times to help.

Maxine

Cedar Crest College is a truly amazing experience for young women. I entered this college expecting myself to fail and not only did my peers and professors inspire me to do as best as I could, I was put in a setting that is allowing me to obtain a 4.0 GPA. There is a good challenge presented while attending here but it's a very healthy challenge and the professors are willing to go to any length to help a student who is doing their hardest and best work in and out of class.

Rosalia

Its an awesome College and the location is perfect, it is near everything. The academic studies can be challenging at times. But the education you receive here is worth the challenge. The college has an awesome resource center and they have many tutors and resources to assist you with the extra help you might need. The professors are very helpful and approachable. I am very happy I chose to attend this college.

Alexandra

Cedar Crest College is a great opportunity to get a really great education. Everyone is involved in an activity outgoing and friendly. They have a lot of classes to choose from, the class sizes are also small so your professor can put a face to the name.