Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Christina

Because it is a school full of Christian students, the environment can be pretty petty sometimes. What I really think that the school needs is a group of kids that realize we all struggle with things, and rather than point fingers I really wish we would start supporting eachother.

In the year that I finished at Cedarville, I found that God is awesomely big. Despite some of the pettiness that happens between students, it is really easy to see God is a new and bigger way. The proffessors are the most down to earth staff I have ever met, and they care so deeply about us as students in a way that is personal and unmached. The work is hard, but it is such a good education that it is so easy to forget about how some students act and to really find that you can be great at something if you put your best work into it. So as our faith grows as students, so do our minds as we become able to do things that we never thought possible. It's amazing and wonderful, and that is what makes me feel most at home.

I wish I had known that the school had such a rigorous program. It has been very benefitial to learn new things at Cedarville, and they make a huge effort to help you find where you fit when it comes to majors.

Angie

It has been many years since I have even visited the Cedarville campus, so I cannot speak to its uniqueness now. In the early 1990?s, when I was ?interviewing? colleges, I chose Cedarville for its strong Business Administration department, its Baptist affiliation, and its beautiful campus.

In March 2009, I returned to school to earn a Master?s in Psychology more than a decade after earning a Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance, and Computer Information Systems. Since I graduated from college in 1997, I have been working as a computer consultant. I was initially intimidated by my current classmates because so many of them have education and work background in the field of Psychology. I have now completed four classes and have earned A?s in all of them. I have gained confidence that my work ethic can compensate for any perceived handicap in my background in relation to Psychology. I am an advocate of continuous learning, and the challenge of upgrading that learning to a formal level has proven to be exhilarating. I have gained knowledge that I have used for personal development and to share with others. I have had the opportunity to develop skills in critical thinking and writing. My ultimate goal is to switch careers, which will yield higher job satisfaction and more positive impact on other people?s lives, so the most valuable aspect of this journey is yet to come.

I wish I had known that there was more to college than earning A?s, and I wish I had known that I could make choices to change what I did not like about myself. I passed up many opportunities to make friends and have fun because I did not have very good self-esteem. I hid in my room and studied for most of my four years of college. Of course, many students err the other way and party too much in college, but I would advise any new college student to strive for a happy medium.

Alexandra

The major advice that I would give myself as a high school senior is to be open more with people and know that you will learn many things about life from people! When in high school, you tend to think you know more than you actually do and from hearing life experiences from friends here, I have seen just how little I know. I also would advise to myself to be weary of people who don't understand what being a good friend actually is and will discourage, not encourage you. This happened to me once this semester and I was not prepared for it and didn't know how to respond to a friend who told me I hadn't been a true friend.

Kristen

In high school, I was strongly encouraged to take AP classes. I took many of them, and I felt as if the difficulty of high school had ruined that "high school" experience and regretted taking them. However, I see now that I am a college freshman that I was extremely well prepared for the level at which I was expected to study. As a nursing major, I am required to take difficult classes early on, and AP in high school was a really good stepping stone for that. However, as I did study a lot in high school, I wish I could have learned better time management, and how to better balance fun with work. This was something I quickly adjusted to in college, and I wish I had learned the skill sooner. I might have enjoyed high school a little bit more. Also, having known I would go into nursing, I wish I had familiarized myself with APA citation formatting in high school, and had been required to practice with it in a sociology or psychology class. College professors are very strict on this format, and I had to learn the hard way on my first few assignments.

I wish I had known how easy campus was to navigate. With roads on either side and a lake in the middle, you can't really get very lost before you find a landmark. The campus is a lot smaller than the map makes it look, and so I was way more nervous about finding my way around than I should have been.

There isn't a lot of entertainment nearby without having to drive. If you don't have a car, you really can't get to restaurants or stores without someone else driving you. Even if you do, it takes at least fifteen to twenty minutes to get there.

Christina

I would try and beat it into myself to take my education seriously, every single day of classes, and to really focus on my work. As a high school senior, I didn't really think about college other than where I would end up going in the fall. My freshman year came and went; I look back on it and see that I could have put so much more effort into my studies. I would also tell myself to calm down about leaving home without my family and friends to help me. I'd reassure myself that new friends were waiting there for me and were just as nervous as I was. Another thing I would say to myself is to keep going even when your world seems to crumble. College, and life in general, is hard; It takes endurance, diligence, and faith to get through the tough times, but it is very possible. But most importantly, I would tell myself to have fun and broaden my horizons; I'd urge myself to meet as meet many new people and to mature into the person I was meant to be, enjoying every minute of it.

People who would like to be challenged academically, so that they will be as mentally and physically equipped for their chosen field as possible. Cedarville University requires a specific minor on top of a bachelor's degree. The classes here are rigorous and often entail an intense workload. But for those who strive to be the best they can be academically, as well as, enjoying an encouraging environment would be very well off at Cedarville. I put a good amount of money into my education here, but all the financial difficulties are worth this full-proof education.

People who like to be excessively independent and (or) "play by their own rules." In highschool, independence is what I prided myself on. I lived for breaking rules and doing my own thing, even if I didn't get approval by the faculty or my peers. But to excel at this school one must be more mature than that. Cedarville strives to turn teenagers into adults by developing their talents, widening their horizons, and equiping them with skills to lead and succeed in their chosen field.In short, one must be willing to learn and mature here.

Kendra

My classmates are energetic, full of life and passion, very committed and disciplined in their work ethic, and willing to help and encourage others if they are in need.

It is not all about me. Do not forget the people that helped you get to the point you are now. Your parents are still going to be there for you and help you out if you need someone. They love you and are pulling for you to succeed. Just like parents are supporting you, good friends will be too. You can never have too many friends so make as many as you can, but also remember the previous friendships that you have made. Be open to make changes and stretch yourself. Be well-rounded. Attend things you would not normally attend, or get involved in organizations that interest you. Pursue your dreams, even if they seem extremely difficult. If your classes seem extremely hard, work extremely hard, and do your very best to pursue the major that you are most passionate about. Remember to love what you are involved in, and try to have fun in every activity. Get involved in things and meet people, but try not to overload your schedule because you will be stressed. Do not get wrapped up in things that will only bring you down. Stay focused on the finish line. Remember the goal.

Cedarville University is very committed to inspiring greatness in every area of life; therefore, someone that is not interested in doing great things, accomplishing their goals, and being well-rounded should not attend.

Jonathan

I would have looked into more college opportunities and attempted to find a college opportunity which would allow me to stay out of significant debt throughout my college experience. Getting a good ACT score isn't enough, (I scored a 33), you also have to apply to the right college that will honor your high school achievments enough to offer you reasonable financial aid. My current choice of Cedarville has only limited opportunities for financial aid for academic purposes, but rather chooses to grant aid based on religious reasons such as church affiliation and missionary parents.

Terrible financial aid opportunities and very unhelpful and mean-spirited Financial aid office, the worst department on campus.

Crysta

If I could go back in time to give myself advice from what i know now i would tell myself many things. I would first tell myself that hey your sister is going to have a child not you so go to school shes ok by herself and doing so it wont be as hard to get yourself started in college and start your own life. I would tell myself to go striaght to college and not say oh ill wait a year a year turns in to two years and so on. Crysta you love learning so why put what you love on hold! For once in your life think about whats best for you and not others everyone will do fine with out your help. Just follow your heart and stay in school its what you love and it wont be harder in the long run and you wont keep putting it off for others. good luck.

Daniel

Do not go to Wilkes University for your first semester and go to Cedarville like you originally wanted to. Pharamcy is not the thing for you and you will be much happier at a Christian school doing something with computers like Information Systems.

The worst thing about the school is that it's a fairly spread out campus so you have to walk a pretty good distance to get anywhere.

The most frustrating thing about the school is that every class requires a lot of reading, but you know that coming here beforehand.

My classmates have many characteristics each in their individual way; however there are some characteristics that stand out for example; they are kind, caring, intrigued and attentive in classes and lectures, healthy fun loving people, and just in general great human beings that have much potential in helping and contributing to our country today.

High school! Not just hish school no it is you senior year! It's the time to live it up and to enjoy your friends! Or at least that is what everyone says: easy classes and freedom to do whatever you want. However, my senior, contrary to what others said, was not at all like that. Studying was not only a regular rutine., but was all I did besides playing soccer in the fall. If I were to go back and give myself advice in high school I would probably tell myself to find a healthy balance between doing my homework and having a social life. Granite school is definately important, but from my college experience so far, you don't want to be the kind of person that only studies and never goes out with friends. Not only do you get discouraged or what not but it also doesn't make for a college experience. So mainly to helo myself prepare better for college I would tell myself to make sure to create a healthy balance of work and play, and to maybe go to the school basketball or football game once in awhile!

Cedarville. When I hear that name there are many things that come to mind: Brilliant professors who make sure they to give you accurate and appropriate information, Classes and their electives that work so hard for the better of the students, and Resident Assistants that care about each person and are willing to do anything for them. Overall, Cedarville is an inspiring college that cultivates and captivates their students in their faith and schoolwork.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.