Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Kendra

My classmates are energetic, full of life and passion, very committed and disciplined in their work ethic, and willing to help and encourage others if they are in need.

It is not all about me. Do not forget the people that helped you get to the point you are now. Your parents are still going to be there for you and help you out if you need someone. They love you and are pulling for you to succeed. Just like parents are supporting you, good friends will be too. You can never have too many friends so make as many as you can, but also remember the previous friendships that you have made. Be open to make changes and stretch yourself. Be well-rounded. Attend things you would not normally attend, or get involved in organizations that interest you. Pursue your dreams, even if they seem extremely difficult. If your classes seem extremely hard, work extremely hard, and do your very best to pursue the major that you are most passionate about. Remember to love what you are involved in, and try to have fun in every activity. Get involved in things and meet people, but try not to overload your schedule because you will be stressed. Do not get wrapped up in things that will only bring you down. Stay focused on the finish line. Remember the goal.

Cedarville University is very committed to inspiring greatness in every area of life; therefore, someone that is not interested in doing great things, accomplishing their goals, and being well-rounded should not attend.

Jonathan

I would have looked into more college opportunities and attempted to find a college opportunity which would allow me to stay out of significant debt throughout my college experience. Getting a good ACT score isn't enough, (I scored a 33), you also have to apply to the right college that will honor your high school achievments enough to offer you reasonable financial aid. My current choice of Cedarville has only limited opportunities for financial aid for academic purposes, but rather chooses to grant aid based on religious reasons such as church affiliation and missionary parents.

Terrible financial aid opportunities and very unhelpful and mean-spirited Financial aid office, the worst department on campus.

Crysta

If I could go back in time to give myself advice from what i know now i would tell myself many things. I would first tell myself that hey your sister is going to have a child not you so go to school shes ok by herself and doing so it wont be as hard to get yourself started in college and start your own life. I would tell myself to go striaght to college and not say oh ill wait a year a year turns in to two years and so on. Crysta you love learning so why put what you love on hold! For once in your life think about whats best for you and not others everyone will do fine with out your help. Just follow your heart and stay in school its what you love and it wont be harder in the long run and you wont keep putting it off for others. good luck.

Daniel

Do not go to Wilkes University for your first semester and go to Cedarville like you originally wanted to. Pharamcy is not the thing for you and you will be much happier at a Christian school doing something with computers like Information Systems.

The worst thing about the school is that it's a fairly spread out campus so you have to walk a pretty good distance to get anywhere.

The most frustrating thing about the school is that every class requires a lot of reading, but you know that coming here beforehand.

My classmates have many characteristics each in their individual way; however there are some characteristics that stand out for example; they are kind, caring, intrigued and attentive in classes and lectures, healthy fun loving people, and just in general great human beings that have much potential in helping and contributing to our country today.

High school! Not just hish school no it is you senior year! It's the time to live it up and to enjoy your friends! Or at least that is what everyone says: easy classes and freedom to do whatever you want. However, my senior, contrary to what others said, was not at all like that. Studying was not only a regular rutine., but was all I did besides playing soccer in the fall. If I were to go back and give myself advice in high school I would probably tell myself to find a healthy balance between doing my homework and having a social life. Granite school is definately important, but from my college experience so far, you don't want to be the kind of person that only studies and never goes out with friends. Not only do you get discouraged or what not but it also doesn't make for a college experience. So mainly to helo myself prepare better for college I would tell myself to make sure to create a healthy balance of work and play, and to maybe go to the school basketball or football game once in awhile!

Cedarville. When I hear that name there are many things that come to mind: Brilliant professors who make sure they to give you accurate and appropriate information, Classes and their electives that work so hard for the better of the students, and Resident Assistants that care about each person and are willing to do anything for them. Overall, Cedarville is an inspiring college that cultivates and captivates their students in their faith and schoolwork.

Autumn

Hindsight is insight. Several times, I have thought how my college experience would have been different - knowing what I now know. As a high school valedictorian, a "Type A" who only knew how to get A's, and a people pleaser, I entered college with high expectations for myself. I also carried the weight of my perceived expectations of others. These expectations created undue stress throughout my undergraduate career. Being a college cheerleader, I also felt the the pressure of people "looking at me" and trying to fit a certain stereotype of who I was supposed to be physically and socially. I wish I could go back to 2000 and take the high school senior Autumn to the local coffee shop. Sitting in the oversized comfortable chairs and sipping hot cocoa, I would listen to her expectations and fears. Then I would gently say, "Lighten up! It is ok to not get an A. College is about growing academically but ALSO socially, emotionally, and spiritually. Take time to be with others and take time to be with yourself - no textbooks allowed. Most importantly, what you do does not make you valuable. You are valuable because of who you are! :)

I fell in love with the small town community atmosphere on campus. Everyone was friendly, class sizes were generally small, and I felt the faculty and staff truly cared about not only my education but about me as a person.

I am not sure I could mention a "worst" thing about Cedarville. Any minor "complaints" I may have seem to pale in comparison to the quality of the school.

Justin

Justin, you're a relatively smart guy who can handle the rigors of college. Get involved early and enjoy all Cedarville has to offer. Intermural soccer and football are a great way to make quick friends and build relationships while having fun. Lock into study groups, don't be afraid to ask questions, and always know you are among friends!

tudents looking for a party school with alcohol and drug use on or off campus.

Great campus with student body that cares for each other and people in general.

Josiah

A very rare environment; where the combination of top notch, knowledgeable, and caring instructors, combined with diverse and friendly students, make this a first rate university.

Alexander Graham Bell was quoted, "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success." Throughout my highschool years studying has come very easy and not required alot of preparation. I could put many things off until the proverbial, "Last moment." However, if I could travel back in time to my senior year and change one thing, it would be to start applying to colleges mch earlier and really taking time to thoroughly check them out. There are a vast multitude of choices available to a student considering college, and you really do yourself a disservice by not spending the adequate time and research neccessary to find what is available to help you achieve your desired goal. The decisions you make at this point can be pivotal in shaping the outcome of your future. Preparation is truly one of the most important keys to help influence the chances of success in one of possibly the most important decisions of your life.

The mandated activities such as daily chapel that sometimes last two and a half hours; making it difficult to get adquate practice time for my instrument.

Zach

The biggest transition for me at college was the ability to adjust to a roomate who was extremely different than myself. If two polar extremes are possible, that would describe our situation. Being a social animal, one who loves people, loud music, disorder of every kind, and late nights living with one who is quiet, introverted and lives an order-filled existence including early-to-bed times was, needless to say, a challenge. I would tell myself in high school to go out of my way to understand and accomodate those who are different than myself. I have always surrounded myself with like-minded individuals and had liitle to do with those who were outside my comfort zone, however, after working through these personality differences this year, I have learned to appreciate those differences and have become a person who is more well-rounded, flexible, and other-centered. I have become friends with my roommate who I would never have sought out for myself. I am being exposed to music, habits, and a life style that at first rubbed me the wrong way and now am learning slowly that being different is not necessarily a bad thing.

Tyson

The smallness of the campus and the feeling that everyone is friendly and everyone will be readily available to be there when and if you have questions. Along with the religious aspect and feeling that I am growing in my faith every single day.

The first thing in which I would tell myself to actually make the decision to go to a four year school right out of high school. I would tell myself that it was my calling to attend Cedarville University and ever since being here on campus, I have grown not only individually, but also spiritually as well. Along with the fact that I have found the area of study that I know that I am supposed to be in. I would convince myself of the fact that I really do love sports and why would I not want to go to school and learn about sports. Along with that why would I not want to get paid to do something in which I love. Everyone always says that you should go into something that you love doing, so why not major in sports management.

The fact that our school is faith based and how everyone just gets along with everyone else. There is no drinking on campus, but yet everyone still finds things to do that are just as fun and most of the time more fun than drinking.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.