Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Autumn

Hindsight is insight. Several times, I have thought how my college experience would have been different - knowing what I now know. As a high school valedictorian, a "Type A" who only knew how to get A's, and a people pleaser, I entered college with high expectations for myself. I also carried the weight of my perceived expectations of others. These expectations created undue stress throughout my undergraduate career. Being a college cheerleader, I also felt the the pressure of people "looking at me" and trying to fit a certain stereotype of who I was supposed to be physically and socially. I wish I could go back to 2000 and take the high school senior Autumn to the local coffee shop. Sitting in the oversized comfortable chairs and sipping hot cocoa, I would listen to her expectations and fears. Then I would gently say, "Lighten up! It is ok to not get an A. College is about growing academically but ALSO socially, emotionally, and spiritually. Take time to be with others and take time to be with yourself - no textbooks allowed. Most importantly, what you do does not make you valuable. You are valuable because of who you are! :)

I fell in love with the small town community atmosphere on campus. Everyone was friendly, class sizes were generally small, and I felt the faculty and staff truly cared about not only my education but about me as a person.

I am not sure I could mention a "worst" thing about Cedarville. Any minor "complaints" I may have seem to pale in comparison to the quality of the school.

Justin

Justin, you're a relatively smart guy who can handle the rigors of college. Get involved early and enjoy all Cedarville has to offer. Intermural soccer and football are a great way to make quick friends and build relationships while having fun. Lock into study groups, don't be afraid to ask questions, and always know you are among friends!

tudents looking for a party school with alcohol and drug use on or off campus.

Great campus with student body that cares for each other and people in general.

Josiah

A very rare environment; where the combination of top notch, knowledgeable, and caring instructors, combined with diverse and friendly students, make this a first rate university.

Alexander Graham Bell was quoted, "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success." Throughout my highschool years studying has come very easy and not required alot of preparation. I could put many things off until the proverbial, "Last moment." However, if I could travel back in time to my senior year and change one thing, it would be to start applying to colleges mch earlier and really taking time to thoroughly check them out. There are a vast multitude of choices available to a student considering college, and you really do yourself a disservice by not spending the adequate time and research neccessary to find what is available to help you achieve your desired goal. The decisions you make at this point can be pivotal in shaping the outcome of your future. Preparation is truly one of the most important keys to help influence the chances of success in one of possibly the most important decisions of your life.

The mandated activities such as daily chapel that sometimes last two and a half hours; making it difficult to get adquate practice time for my instrument.

Zach

The biggest transition for me at college was the ability to adjust to a roomate who was extremely different than myself. If two polar extremes are possible, that would describe our situation. Being a social animal, one who loves people, loud music, disorder of every kind, and late nights living with one who is quiet, introverted and lives an order-filled existence including early-to-bed times was, needless to say, a challenge. I would tell myself in high school to go out of my way to understand and accomodate those who are different than myself. I have always surrounded myself with like-minded individuals and had liitle to do with those who were outside my comfort zone, however, after working through these personality differences this year, I have learned to appreciate those differences and have become a person who is more well-rounded, flexible, and other-centered. I have become friends with my roommate who I would never have sought out for myself. I am being exposed to music, habits, and a life style that at first rubbed me the wrong way and now am learning slowly that being different is not necessarily a bad thing.

Tyson

The smallness of the campus and the feeling that everyone is friendly and everyone will be readily available to be there when and if you have questions. Along with the religious aspect and feeling that I am growing in my faith every single day.

The first thing in which I would tell myself to actually make the decision to go to a four year school right out of high school. I would tell myself that it was my calling to attend Cedarville University and ever since being here on campus, I have grown not only individually, but also spiritually as well. Along with the fact that I have found the area of study that I know that I am supposed to be in. I would convince myself of the fact that I really do love sports and why would I not want to go to school and learn about sports. Along with that why would I not want to get paid to do something in which I love. Everyone always says that you should go into something that you love doing, so why not major in sports management.

The fact that our school is faith based and how everyone just gets along with everyone else. There is no drinking on campus, but yet everyone still finds things to do that are just as fun and most of the time more fun than drinking.

Cora

Cedarville University is a place where you are challenged to grow on a deeper level mentally, socially, and spiritually.

College is not what you are picturing right now. It is a far cry from anything that TV or movies show ? just like High School Musical did not come close to portraying the reality of high school. Picture your biggest workload you?ve had in high school, double it, and add the fact that your favorite event is that night. That?s what college life is like ? a balance between reading books for classes and socializing with all the people you meet. Beware of the temptation to slack off during your senior year. It may not seem important because everyone else is doing it, but your senior year teaches you perseverance and what you are learning now will come up again in college. The big transition to living in the dorms rather than with your mom and dad and not seeing your old friends is going to be hard, but every college freshman living in the dorms is experiencing it too (and we now have cell phones and Facebook thanks to technology, so you can still keep in touch). Above all else, remember you are not alone; there are people all around you who are willing to help you through.

If you are not a Christian or care nothing for God, Cedarville University is not the place for you. Their goal is to train their students to learn how to study the Bible, to grow closer to God, and to make a difference in the world for Christ.

Ves

Cedarville is well known for its Christian values and including them in the teaching of the classes. Each student who graduates from Cedarville does so with a minor in Bible Studies. Christian views and values are taught and discussed in each class.

You need to understand that college is going to require a lot of reading. You need to be able to concentrate, even when everyone else around you wants to goof off. Stay true to yourself. Don't let others change your beliefs. Surround yourself with people who believe in God. They don't have to have the exact same religion. You can disagree on denominational ideals as long as you all believe in the Biblical truths. Be willing to voice your opinion in class. Professors like to hear your ideas and quesitons. Learning is listening to and discussing different ideas. Get your ideas out there. You ideas are worth hearing. Most of all, keep your goal in focus. Strive for what you want and if you find that you have changed your mind, research it, talk to you professors and counslers. Make sure you know what is involved and make sure it is right for you.

Students who attend this school should have a good moral background. It helps if your background has included some Biblical studies. Don't be planning on doing a lot of partying. Cedarville has a zero tolerance for drinking, smoking, drugs and sex.

Joy

The transition to college is huge, but is something that you can successfully accomplish. It?s very important to be dedicated from the start. View your role as a student as your full time job. When you start in the fall, it is easy to be lulled into a sense of false security only to wake up a month into your new career, realizing how deep the hole is that you are in. This all can be avoided with a little planning from the beginning. Take your syllabi and write out on month calendars when large projects or papers are due or when exams will be. At the start of each week, jot down a list of tasks that need to be completed and cross them off as you do them. You can even plan out exactly when you will do what homework, if that helps. When you start to struggle with classes, don?t hesitate to ask for help immediately. Professors want to see you do well and many schools have tutoring available. Always listen to their advice. Studying with friends, you can learn information faster, too. This isn?t a road you need to travel on your own.

You should not attend this school you do not want to reconsider your beliefs. This doesn't mean that you will lose your faith, but rather, you will graduate with a stronger faith than you came with, because you risked vulnerability to stand back a realize why you believe what you believe. Sometimes you end up coming back to what you had originally thought, but through the process you grow to respect the other sides of the issue as well. Other times you conclude a very different belief. This true evalution of faith can be unnerving but is nevertheless invaluable.

One of the most frustrating things about this school is actually just its location! It sits in the middle of corn fields- though there are several cities within reasonable driving distance- and the wind sweeps across campus like it is a wind tunnel. The rain and snow do not tend to fall vertically, but blow horizontally instead! It is a walking campus (we aren't permitted to drive to classes between 7am and 5pm) so this can make for some interesting, cold, and wet adventures to get to class. It does, however, tend to build a bond among all here!

Rose

A Christian school with high Biblical and academic standards.

A Christian school with high Biblical and academic standards.

The most important thing you need to do is really build good study habits. Teach yourself to study when you don't feel like it and when other people are doing fun things. It will be very helpful for you to do this now while you are still at home; you have the most time and the fewest distractions. Learn to study a little bit every day, rather than saving it all for the night before the test. Keep up with readings. Write down the information that seems obvious to you at the time; it will be extremely helpful when it comes time for the final exams. Learn to be disciplined now; it will be your life-saver at college. Really appreciate your free time and time to sleep. Unfortunately, much of this will go away while you are in college, especially since you want to be a pre-med major. Appreciate and spend time with you family and friends; you will not realize how much you will miss them until you are away. Finally, make Bible reading and prayer a daily part of your life. It will be a valuable habit to have.

The best thing about my school is the Christ-centerdness of it. All of my classes, including the sciences, are taught from a Christian, Biblical perspective.

Chloe

Cedarville is a Christ-centered university that embraces each student as a member of a big family that cares about you individually; on an academic and personal level, providing you with a broad range of opportunities both social and academically to assist you in preparing for your future career and making friends for life!

Everyone says that your college years are the best of your life and they fly by faster than you can imagine. Hard to believe, but it IS true! So, because your time is short, it is important to remember to never be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and try something new. College is the time for discovering who you are apart from your family and your high school. Don't miss out on the opportunitites that are there to make your life all that you want it to be. For the first month of school, determine to meet someone new everyday and have a conversation with them. You tend to be like your friends, so make wise choices and invest in their lives so that your friendship reaches beyond the 4 short years you have together. Take school work seriously, and be there to learn beyond the classroom. Apply what you're learning and be involved as much as you can! But don't overwhelm yourself. Learn how to prioritize your time to work ahead, so that you can enjoy activities and events with your friends. Take this opportunity to live, learn and love like never before!

When I talk about Cedarville I can't help but mention the feeling of comraderie and community that is evidenced through the personable teaching through the profesors and the kindness shown by each student. I love that I feel like I am accepted and welcomed and am known personally by faculty, staff and students. There are so many fun ways to get involved and make an impact on the lives around you inside and outside of our campus atmosphere. It has been the best three years of my life!

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.