Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Friendly and pretty focused, willing to help and share in academic complaining; I find that I meet at least one new good friend in every class I take.

Don't let your own inhibitations keep you from doing what you want. Your college peers don't know about any of your past mistakes, so learn from those mistakes and rebaptize yourself into someone you'll be proud to look back on. Take your academics seriously; highschool may have been easy but college is harder, and if you slack off early you might not be able to focus when it counts. Freshman year sets a lot of habits. Get involved in what interests you, or at least apply/try out, so you won't regret it later on. As a college junior, there's a lot of things I look back and wish I could change, but I made my choices and now I have to live with them. Think of how your actions will affect your future, not just in college but long after you've graduated. Don't get distracted by present, immediate gratification, but strive to make your future what you've always dreamed.

The atmosphere: it's a smaller school so you kind of know every person in your academic class, and there's a strong sense of community throughout the school; student organizations do a lot to promote on campus activities for the student body.

Brianna

During high school I was super desirous to make a 4.0. I was obsessed with grades and lost a lot of joy by worry. I would tell myself to enjoy the moments more and not worry so much over high school perfection. I missed out of a lot of friend time and relationship building time as I was so focused on grades. I do believe that grades and studies are important, however, my obsession with them did more harm than good as I am learning now how to befriend others and feel comfortable in groups. I believe my transition to college would have been so much easier had I worked on social skills a bit more. My grades are still important, but I am learning that the time I spend with others, caring about their needs and interests is making me a better person. People should have been more of a priority in my life. I believe that rubbing shoulders with others have sharpened me as an individual and I have grown much through the relationships with my peers as well as the professors I have befriended.

The professors are knowlegdable, interesting and thought provoking. The students are friendly and caring. I have made life-long friends in my year and a half and have learned so much as debate and discussion is encouraged. The God fearing faculty and staff are personable and the speakers who come to speak are informative and have opened my eyes to life issues around the world and my responsibility to the larger world. I have been exposed to great books that have changed my life's focus. I recommend Cedarville to any who desire to make an impact on the world.

There is too high of an emphasis on relationship-finding a spouse. I do not know if that is student produced, or the school. The nursing program could be more organized and up to date.

It's important to study hard and focus on your schoolwork because it's the reason you're attending school, but you should also strike a balance between work and fun and make sure to enjoy the college experience as well. Put yourself out there in social situations and have fun. You still have to get your schoolwork done, but it is possible to let loose and have fun as well.

I wish I would have been in the dorm I am currently in now during my freshman year.

Jordan

It is distinctively Christ based in its classes and encourages students to think about why they do what they do. It also has a majority of the students living on campus which gives it a closer more intimate environment with the other students and staff/faculty. The campus is small enough so that walking is not a problem, but big enough so that you do not feel crowded. It also is a very beautiful campus with up to date buildings and classrooms that make learning more enjoyable as well as more effective.

I would tell myself to work harder during the last year of high school and study harder than ever to get the best scores possible in my classes. In this way I would be better prepared for the greater challenge of college courses and could spend more time making friends my first year of college instead of working so hard to study. I would also tell my younger self to search for more scholarships as during college there is little to no time to do anything but study. I would also tell myself to treasure time with my family as it it is hard being apart from them for extended periods of time. Prepacking everything or at least thinking about what I want to pack would also be good to tell myself that way as things go on sale throughout the year I could have stockpiled them instead of paying the full price last minute to get everything I needed for college life. I would also advise myself to find people nearby that plan on attending the same college so I could not only make friends and potentially roomates, but I would also have had more options for getting rides.

The worst thing about my school is its distance from major cities and shopping locations. It is in a tiny town which is about 20 to 30 minutes away from everything and it sometimes can be tiring to drive everywhere to get to stores or other venues.

Karlee

I would tell myself to go with my heart. I would not have been here today if it wasn't for the past. Granted I am not in college but if I was I wouldn't have met present family. I would however tell myself in the past that I am definately going to be a teacher and just be patient. If I hadn't met my present life I would have told my past life to go for a teacher degree and don't stop. Be less worried about work and more worried about school, work on my english grammar. Do not go to school just to prove to your mother wrong, go to school for your future, for your future family, and for yourself because as a job as a teacher you could help your husband pay for things, give your kids things that you couldn't have paid without a degree, and show your kids college is part of life in order to succeed in life. Also it gives summer time with your kids, makes traveling easy. It is a perfect job to do with my love to teach without too much time away from my kids.

Mychaela

Cedarville is a small, Christ centered, libral arts college situated right between Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati, where students will get the same quality education they would receive at a big University, as well as the personal interactions with faculty and staff who's main goal is to pour into students and make them better people.

I would definitely advise myself to work on my people skills before coming, and try to learn how to work with a roommate that first year. My first roommate situation did not go very well because neither of us had lived with someone before, and that was a huge challenge to work out first semester. I would also advise myself to prepare for much harder coursework as high school work came very easy for me and I was not expecting such a hard transition into college work. And most importantly, I would encourage myself to get really serious with God. I knew this was something that was going to happen while I was at school with things like chapel everyday, but I wish that I had started those habits earlier so that they would come naturally now, and so that it wouldn't be so difficult to get started on something like devotionals and such.

I wish I had known how to study better. The work is very rigorous and challenging, and had I known how challenging it would be I would have worked harder right away at the beginning of my freshman year to learn how to study, but thankfully those first classes actually taught me how to study well, and so after my first year, I have only improved in preparing for classes and tests. I also wish I had known about the wind, because it's very strong and makes it difficult to walk in the winter :)

Kimberly

My school is amazing! Not only are the classes great, we get involved in our community! Which to me is an amazing part of lif...

My school is amazing! Not only are the classes great, we get involved in our community! Which to me is an amazing part of life!

I would of picked my school now first ( Lee University.)

Anyone who loves to learn. If you have a passion for something, go for it. My school supports art and passion with great stride.

Nic

Save money! Take advantage of the help that high school provides to those who are sincere about furthering their education. Use the tools that are available to you to make the college transition a breeze. Preparation is key to success, after all, only in the dictionary does success come before work.

Katherine

I think that I would tell myself that it is okay to be myself, and that I should never have tried to change who I was to fit in or to attract a boy. I would tell myself that the right friends and guys will love me for me. I would also tell myself that I should go to a high school where I would have more opportunities to grow. I would also make sure that I spent more time with family, and I wish that I had respected my parents more. I think that high school would have been a lot easier if i had done that. I also think that things would have been easier if I had really given my school work my all.

I wish that I had known more about technology.

There is not enough financial aid at all.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.