Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Gabrielle

Cedarville is known to be a Chirst-centered university that trains students with quality education and produces proffesional virtuous individuals who are very very good at what they do.

If I was able to magically appear to myself and tell myself what i know now about college life. I would first tell myself to find a roommate before I got to college. Then I would tell myself to save the pain and heart ache of being a music major and skip right on over to psychology. Then I would remind myself, that is it not all about me, and there are others out there who are in need. As a freshman I was over zealous for my opinions and I scorched some bridges because of it. I would remind myself that no matter what you think you should always objectively listen to the other side. I also would also tell myself is that my health is going to drastically decline and not to worry about it, but to be healthy and eat well and exercise so as to minimize the problems coming. I would also tell myself that not everyone is going to like me and thats okay. I think I would lastly tell myself to take more AP classes and study really hard to get scholarships so my parents don't have a huge burden on their shoulders.

The cedarville bubble. it stinks because we are in the middle of corn fields so we forget about the outside world sometimes and get caught up in the fast paced crazy college life we all live.

Joanna

There is a heavy focus on the eternal life in Christ Jesus. The theme of the campus seems to be the verse that says, "And whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Sports, music, and recreational activities are all focused around the glory of God. Classes are even opened in prayer. Everyone on campus is accepted as a unique and important child of God.

While you are still in high school, it is very important to fill out scholarships. This is especially important when you receive your first bill to the college you are enrolled. College is expensive and the only way to get around that is through taking the initiative through filling out scholarships. Once you have enrolled, the transition to college life will be made so much easier if you learn to be confident and put yourself out there. Don't be afraid to talk to people you don't know. Introduce yourself and share a couple things about yourself. That way, people will feel comfortable around you and are more likely to share things about themselves. Always smile! Also, keep in mind that while you may miss your friends from high school, it will do you no good sitting in your room moping about it. Shake off the sadness by starting new and exciting friendships!

I wish I would have been aware of how heavy the workload is here at Cedarville. Everyone on campus is very focused on their studies during the week and even on weekends. The students are expected to do their best and then go above what is expected. Discipline and time management is vital in comparison with other campuses.

Brian

Cedarville is a great school and provides a very positive experience for the vast majority of its students. Possibly too conservative for some, Cedarville discerns truth through a biblical lens. Daily chapel and a Bible minor are distinctive of the Cedarville Experience.

The school is committed to continued expansion of racial diversity. Cedarville only accepts students who profess a personal and credible personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Students from 48 states and 17 foreign countries. Student body represents a wide variety of economic backgrounds.

www.cedarville.edu Not for everyone, but truly a Great School with everything from Education and Criminal Justice to Pharmacy and Engineering.

Rigorous - this is no "party school". Professors are fair, personable and approachable; they genuinely care about their students on a personal and professional level.

These kids know how to have fun - genuine and personable. Great Student Life division plans so many activities students have to choose and balance their social lives with academic requirements. Basketball games regularly turn out two-thirds of the student body.

Well educated, extraordinary employees

Very much like attending a private Christian junior highschool.

Very much like attending a private Christian junior highschool.

Small minded, but friendly and sincere.

Choosing a college is, ideally, a once in a lifetime experience. Students tend to look for colleges based on their academic program preference. Whether it's a nationally acclaimed engineering program, a state certified nursing program or just the option of an 'undecided' major, the degrees offered by a particular school are too often the deciding factor. The right college will inspire you--to pursue your dreams, align your lifestyle with your goals and interact with the community around you. While academic offerings are an important factor, many students and parents would be advised to put far more energy into experiencing a campus and understanding its learning atmosphere, community support and open-mindedness. Your college experience will influence the rest of your life. Your degree, friends from school and practical experiences will influence your career, relationships and lifestyle. Take advantage of this opportunity to influence your life for the better. Pick a school where your uniqueness will be appreciated and your mind will be inspired to continue learning for years to come.

Erin

My classmates at Cedarville are truly wonderful; the classes are challenging but a friend is never too far to ask for help or to encourage you in succeeding in a class.

If I were to give advice to parents and students about finding the best college, I would definitely say that you need to find a school that fits you best. Change is scary, I know that first hand, and going away to school is a big change so it is very scary. But it's a good change, and eventually being away will be a little less scary. The school you choose that fits the best will begin to feel like your home away from home, and you'll never want to leave. In order to make the most of your college experience I would encourage you to get involved in a variety of different activities - join a choir, an organization, a community service group, so you can meet as many different kinds of people as you can. Then from there you will get to decide which group you fit best with and form lasting friendships. While it's important to get involved, it is also important to be serious about your studies and get your work done as well though. College is all about learning how to balance everything . Once you learn that balance, you're set for life.

A person that is not looking to work hard at school should not come to Cedarville because the coursework and class loads are challenging but also very rewarding.

Luke

The people that go to Cedarville is what really drew there. They are all professing Christians who want to excel academically and see God glorified.

Start early! As deadlines approach, beginning the college search sooner, rather than later, will save you many a headache. By starting early you will have time to narrow your search down and plan college visits. The more schools you visit, the better feel you will have for what type of environment you would like to commit the next four years of your life to. In addition, once you have made your decision, you will have more time to nail the essay questions and apply for scholarships. As you search for the perfect school, ensure that you are looking for one that will meet your needs. My experience has taught me that people are what meet my needs. It is the professor who calls me by name as we pass that brightens my day. It is students who go out of there way to help their community and are caring and accepting of each other that instill pride in me. It is staff members who invite me into their home for a warm Thanksgiving meal that make me feel at home. Find a school with the right people, find it early, and you will have found a great college experience.

There is not much diversity at Cedarville. Not that people are not tolerant, but I don't think the school attracts many people of a race other than white.

Miraim

Cedarville University is a well-balanced school in terms of academics, fun, fitness, and community service.

Cedarvill University is best known for first-rate academics and well-rounded students.

Visit the college you want to attend the most. Consider the reputation the school has. Consider your financial situation and avoid loans and debt as much as possible. Be willing to work hard, eat well, exercise often in a sport or at the gym, and try some community service. Start building a resume freshman year. Journal about everything. Eat meals with friends and always make time for fun!!

Mostly friendly, humorous and willing to learn, not afraid to question teachers or speak their own opinions.

Take college seriously; it may be a fun place, but if you don't study and actually look for a career, than all you'll have is a huge debt for a party. Look for a college that's in your price range, where the campus appeals to you and students seem responsible. While it's not neccessary to have a career in mind before you enroll, it's good to think of some ideas of what you'd like to do when you look into schools. Don't go to a particular college just because your friends are doing it. Don't do stuff AT college just because your friends are doing it. Saying "No" may feel embarrasing or awkward, but it makes you a stronger person, and you'll never have regrets haunting you later. Don't be afraid to ask professors for help, or if there are possible extra-credit assignments. Higher grades mean more possibilites for grants and scholarships. Make friends who'll support you, and love you for who you are. Have fun and don't be afraid to be ridiculous; you're only this young once, and some memories can only be made here.

The atmosphere. Everyone is usually very friendly, the teachers are always willing to help. There's a lot of opportunities to get into the arts: our theater department performs 3 plays a year, we have student art exhibits. There's a lot of sports game to see (though we don't have a football team). I've had perfect strangers help me carry boxes to my room. Hallmates are usually very open and kind; it's like the whole student population is a family, complete with the awkward, strange cousins you never really get (or want to get) to know.

Denise

Students, Finding a school that has a good program in your field is just as important as finding that a school that can feel like a home for 4 years. Take the time to feel schools out. And parents, as much as you love your children and want the best for them, you need to remember that in the end, they will be the ones going to school. Nothing feels worse than a parent thinking your school or field of study are a mistake, or your parents making you feel horrible for choosing a school that is far from home. I know plenty of people who gave up the school of their dreams because their parents guilted them into staying closer to home. Be protective and reasonable, but BE SUPPORTIVE. Your support means more to us than anyone else's.

What I love most about Cedarville is how it truly is a community. The academics are great, yes, BUT: People at Cedarville, students, staff and faculty alike, genuinely love and care for eachother beyond their professional relationships. It is not uncommon to see students having coffee with professors, or in the cafeteria with the deans. Students are constantly finding new ways to come together and help the community and the world. There's this great blanace of getting things done, making the world a better place, and enjoying life while you do it.

I never really find myself frustrated with school about important things. When I am frustrated, it is usually about things that I knew were in place before I enrolled, and that will not change. It's usually things like dress code and curfew, both of which our school has. I understand why, and the benefits of these things, however, curfew and dress code can be far more frustrating for a theatre major during tech week who hasn't slept- than it is for a business or engineering major.

Bradley

It helps me develop my potential academically. I know when I graduate I will for sure have a job. This school also is serious about community involvement and highly encourages you to invest in other people's lives.

My number one piece of advise would be to get involved. You only experience college once. Get out into the community and invest in people's lives. I myself serve with Young Life and enjoy it greatly. As far as finding the right college, choose a place where you feel welcomed and where you can be yourself. Find a college with good community and friends that will last. Making the right friends is important and being who you are is as well. If you go into college feeling like you always have to impress people, then you won't be yourself. Also, do your best academically your first year. This year is critical in forming study habits and trends for following years and once your GPA is set high it is harder to miss your goals. As for parents, encourage your students to pick a college where you feel comfortable letting them become adults. Another words, don't let your kids go to the party school. You can still have a ton of fun without partying, guarantee that!

There are a lot of rules, but they are only there to help you stay focused and make sure you're not doing anything you shouldn't be for your age.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.