Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to push through the all the negative and focus on my goal. I made a few mistakes right after I graduated and even during high school that I wish I could change, now I have to deal with them. I would tell myself to keep up a satisfactory attendance and to maintain at least a 3.0. College life is expensive and I would have told myself to save my money instead of spending it the first chance I got.

Cindy

I would advice myself not to take education for granted , and to pay as much attention to the Instructors as possible. I would inform myself that if I did not understand what the Instructor was saying to always raise my hand and ask questions for clarification, and to never,never,never feel like a dummy for asking. In my journey through the education process I have sometimes been satisfied with receiving a letter grade of "B" or "C" especially if the course was considered to be difficult. However. I would advise myself to fight harder for the best grade possible, to always set my standards high for acheiving that "A". I would tell myself the truth, that without a college eduation the types of jobs that are available to me are low paying and usually lead to a dead end. Cindy Malone

Bethany

One of the biggest changes that happens in college is the fact that most of the time you attend a college that no one knows who you are. You now have the opportunity to be yourself and show the world who you are and who you want to become. No longer are there assumpitons made about you from when you were in middle school as there were in high school. It is your time and chance to show the people around you how your elementry, middle school, and high school years shaped you and formed you into the man or woman you are today. College also gives you the chance to learn from the experiences of a myriad of people and to teach others your challenges and expereinces. Be yourself, push past your fears, and open your wings because your are about to soar into new heights.

The worst thing about Cedarville is the fact that it is in the middle of corn fields. It makes it hard to get off campus to explore Ohio, find a church, or be involoved in some type of service opportunity if a car is not available to you. However, you will form close bonds with the people in your classes and your dorm and will develop friendships that will last a lifetime.

Anyone who loves God and people and wants to grow spiritually, socially, and academically should attend Cedarville University. The school will challenge you to think critically about the world and society we live in and will strive to equip leaders of excellence in their field of choice. If you have the desire to be the best in your field of study and occupation then Cedarville University is the perfect place for you.

Adolfo

The advice I would tell my future self would be to investigate, prepare and don’t wait for the last minute for college. First thing I would advise myself in the beginning of my senior year is investigate about scholarships, financial aid, college you’re interested in and apply to them right away. Then I would suggest not to slack off just because it’s the last year but the last year to get all required credits for graduation. After, prepare by apply for admission for college and talking to a college adviser for unanswered questions. Then getting a part-time job to supplement income for college savings, just incase if financial aid won’t help. While waiting for that, I would suggest of thinking what classes to take, look them up and write down the course number. For later when registration day comes, you can just put the number and register quickly. By doing that you can avoid stressing, being in the waitlist or not even getting in the classes because that was my mistake of doing everything the last minute. Last tip on the first day of school, go early to locate your classes to avoid being late.

Maria

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior regarding college and transitioning into it I would tell myself four things. First, listen to your parents. They know what is best for you and even though you’re scared to commit to a place where you know no one, you will be just fine. Second, relax!! Do not be so worked up about being away from friends and do not be so worried about not getting good grades. Third, study! Reading as much, if not all, of the material for a class as possible. KNOW the material inside and out. Study hard and put studying ahead of most activities. And fourth, HAVE FUN! You’re at college to meet life-long friends and make memories that you will explain to your children in the future. Study for your classes but every now and then take a break and go have some fun. College is for preparing you for a career. It’s also for making friendships that you will continue long past graduation day. It is a place to learn about yourself and to grow. It’s a life changing place.

All the activites that the campus has going on for the students to participate in.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the curfew on the weekends. I wish it was extended.

Andrea

My greatest advice to myself as a high school senior would be to get involved. Aside from the fact that becoming involved looks great on resumes and scholarship applications, it's a great way to build friendships. And it doesn't have to be in the activity that you build the friendships. In college, it's shared activities of the past that can build the initial contact point for a friendship. Also, being involved in high school teaches you how to be involved in college and still balance your time. It broadens and develops you as a person. Then, of course, I would tell myself to take better notes. Even if you don't need the notes in high school, and even if you don't look back on them for reference once you're in college, it's good practice. In high school, the teachers cater to students much more, and it's easier to learn just by paying attention. But in college, many classes take on a lecture format, and it's beneficial to be able to look back at your notes later to further digest information. High school only prepares you for college if you let it.

The best thing about the school is that it is Christ-centered. There is chapel throughout the week, everyone graduates with a Bible minor, classes take a Biblical view on everything, and your classmates can build you up in your faith because they share that faith. For four years of your life, you have the chance to be surrounded by people who are passionate about the Lord. When you graduate, you will be grounded and ready to go out and serve the world in love.

The worst thing about the school is that you can't wear shorts to class. And really, if that's the worse thing that can be said about a school, is it that bad? Only pants or skirts can be worn to class. It could get a little warm for guys during a summer term or September and May, but it's not that bad. There is after all air conditioning.

James

Cedarville is a Christ-centered university intending to train students in the liberal arts while still maintaining the Christian heritage and background through each part of the teaching.

The biggest thing I wish I knew about college and entering into my undergraduate studies while in high school was not to get too involved all at once. As an incoming freshman I tried to do too much at one time. I couldn't focus on the things I really needed to. I was involved in the political arena, the workforce, intramural sports, student organizations, community ministries, and much more. I couldn't really involve myself and focus on what really mattered: my academics! Because of that, my grades suffered. My first semester in college was by far my worst and it was an uphill battle from there. Improving a bad GPA takes a lot more time and effort than maintaining an average GPA. So, the amount og activities I was involved in was important from the start. Had I known that and had time to think through that and process what I would be involved in and how I would stay on top of my homework, I may have been able to keep my academics as priority and maintaing a better GPA through my college career, allowing for a better GPA overall and much better chance at graduate programs.

The best thing about Cedarville is by far the people. The faculty, staff and students all mesh together well to provide an uplifting and encouraging "bubble" that is unlike any other place I've ever been. Everyone there cares for you legitimately and are adamant about helping you with the things you need helped with, no matter what. You make friends for life at Cedarville.

Rebekah

Cedarville has a beautiful, conveniently arranged campus. They challenge you to do your best and will not accept hastily completed work. They are committed to excellence in teaching.

I would advise myself to take advantage of the educational opportunities homeschooling presented. I could have started my college studies in high school through the postsecondary option. I wish I would have gone further in my studies in math. I would have taken math through Algebra 2 instead of going into business math and not fully completing business math. Also, I wish I would have learned how to socialize with guys more and been more exposed to culture. It was a culture shock when I realized that sincere Christians listened to rock n roll music.

I began my studies at Cedarville in the beginning of the year (spring semester). Therefore, it was difficult for me to find a group of friends for me to become close to. After 2 years, I finally connected with the girls in my education classes.

Katie

My school is unique in the fact that while the classes are challenging, and the coursework rather heavy, the focus is more set on ministry. This could be in the form of helping out the community by holding conferences or by asking the students to volunteer, or sending out ministry teams to different countries, both also more locally like in nearby Dayton and Columbus. Above everything, the attitude that almost everyone expresses at Cedarville is a willingness to serve in whatever way possible

I would definitely tell myself that there isn't nearly as much to worry about in comparison to what I first thought about college. The atmosphere is friendly and easygoing, despite the fact that I chose to go to a college where I didn't know anyone. There really isn't anything to truly worry about beyond the typical college experience, which comes with late nights, mornings that are too early, classes that have a fair amount of reading, and of course making friends. However, so far each of the above experiences and almost everything else about attending Cedarville University has been fairly all right, all in all. In less words, I would just tell myself to chill and let things happen on their own, as worrying does not accomplish anything.

Due to the fact that Cedarville University is a strong Christian college, I feel that the best quality of Cedarville is the openness and tolerance that they express toward not only other believers, but to all. Cedarville is primarily Baptist based but I am not a member of the Baptist church, far from it actually. There are some major differences in doctrine between my church and Cedarville, but I still can express these differences and my opinion without fear of being told flat-out that I am wrong. Cedarville University is not hypocritical in loving and accepting just about everyone.

Jerilyn

At most of the other schools I looked at, I would have had to choose between a strong academic focus and a Christian atmosphere. I was disappointed that I might have to consider choosing between the two biggest things I wanted in a university. Cedarville University combines both with ease. The university is very academic and strives for excellence in its students. It was also the most Christ-centered university I found. The school expects much from its students academically because they will represent Jesus Christ to the world.

The transition to college will not be the end of your life, but nor will it come without trying. With the correct perspective and some helpful information, you will succeed. The biggest thing you need to guard against is prideful complacency. High school A's and the honor roll are not enough to guarantee your college success. You will need to study much more diligently, beginning with reading your syllabi. They are infinitely more important than the menial high school course overviews. In your zeal to see your name on the Dean's list, stop and take time to enjoy some of your new freedoms. Take local day trips to explore the surroundings. Invite other students to join you, but remember to step outside of your comfortable friend bubble. The best friends come from the people you least expect to enjoy. But overall, don't feel like you must have your entire life in order just because "you're in college now." Everyone is going through varying degrees of transition, and the important thing is to day after day, keep at it. Do this, and college will broaden your mind and challenge you to do what you never thought possible.

I love the community feeling that Cedarville University has. Everyone, including faculty/staff and other students, is very approachable and genuinely cares about each other. Professors are so accomodating. They will do anything they can to help you succeed and do well in their classes, even scheduling extra review sessions during their off hours. Students become very close due in large part to the very small town environment of the surroundings. Students spend much of their time with each other and even at professors homes. Students volunteer to rake leaves and shovel snow for professors and their families.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.