Cedarville, OH
Cedarville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cedarville University

Alex

I have learned more about what I want to do with my future and have gained friends along the way

Positive culture. Caring people who seek the best for the students.

Courtney

Idealistic, caring, inquisitive, honest, energetic, fun.

Idealistic, caring, inquisitive, honest, energetic, fun.

I absolutely love being asked about my college Why? Because not only were my four years incredibly exciting and fulfilling, but because they gave me an understanding of myself and my world that launched me with confidenceinto the post-college "real world." Sunny-day philosophy classes on the lawn, three hour dinner conversations in the cafeteria, and a study-abroad semester were the contexts for wrestling with some of life's biggest questions: what is the best way to live? what about God? how should I make a difference with my life? The answers I gained to were profoundly shaped by inquisitive and caring friends and by professors willing to be engaged in and out of the classroom. Through them, my time at college prepared me not only for a career but to approach life with deep purpose. As I apply to graduate school to teach history at the collegiate level, I know not only where I am going but why I am going there. Yes, I gained professional skills at college, but I also learned compassion, creativity, and critical thinking. It is those skills and a deep sense of purpose that made my college so very, very valuable.

The weather can be tough, but it's more than worth it!

Debra

So far my experience at Cedarville has given me many friends that I can trust, a chance for fellowship with people from all over the world (but mostly Ohio and Michigan), a better understanding of the Christian worldview in different areas of study, and a chance to grow in all the areas of life. When I first came to Cedarville I never could have imagined that there would be so many people who would open up and love me even when I was scared of opening up to them. I always found help when I needed it, even from people who were complete strangers! When I did not have anywhere sit during lunch two girls offered me a spot at their table and included me into their conversation. The people in my brother and sister unit really became like family, and we had dinner with each other every Friday night. I cannot even fully express in words how much God has used the environment of Cedarville to change my life! If I had to go back and choose where to go to college all over again, I would pick Cedarville University again!

Things to like/love about Cedarville: it's a Christ centered university, Christian worldview in classes, tons of events on campus, comfortable dorm life, chapel (Monday-Friday, 10A.M.) has great speakers and worship, inside jokes, Intramural Sports (ex: Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, Dodgeball), great workout facilities, wonderful music programs, chances for ministry, Bible studies, mission trips, the wonderful tasting drinks they serve at Rinnova, brother and sister unit bonding, beautiful small town campus with a lake, even sidewalks, the COVE tutoring, SGA study sessions, and "Brief Embraces" (hugs).

You should consider not attending Cedarville if: you like sleeping in past 10A.M., you want to live in a big city, you do not like wind, you do not like having all 4 seasons, if you do not like snow, if you cannot adhear to a curfew, you drink, you cannot live without fastfood, and if you do not want to learn about the Bible and Jesus.

Iulia

I honestly feel very lucky because of how my college experience has been so far. For the last two years of my life, I have not only achieved an associate degree in Networking, but also received my high school degree. No, I did not fail and have to retake or anything like that. I've been attending DeVry University Advantage Academy, in Chicago. In doing so, I have received my associates approximately two years before most of my friends. Attending college during High School was one of the wisest decisions I have ever made. One of the top reasons I’m happy to have my associates degree two weeks after I graduated from high school is knowing that I’ll be able to earn my living faster than everyone else by several years. The second reason is the feeling of accomplishment. It’s not often that you hear that a recent high school graduate has the potential of having a salary of over 50,000. In fact, I could make more than my parents with my experience now, and they have been working for quite some time, and in good jobs. I’m pleased with my college experience.

Jonathan

College has been such a great experience for me so far. As soon as I got to college I jumped right in and ran for Class Vice President. I won and was able to learn a lot about planning various events and being a part of an organization that serves others. Meeting new people and learning new information which will one day help me to succeed in my field of study means that the experience is not only fun, but crutial. I love it so much that someday I would like to become a professor learning and teaching as a career.

Any person who has or would liek to have a heart for God as they prepare themselves for life in the "real world" is a great person to attend Cedarville.

One of my favorite parts about my school is the people. Virtually all of the students are great people and the staff and faculty both love God so much.

Christina

Because it is a school full of Christian students, the environment can be pretty petty sometimes. What I really think that the school needs is a group of kids that realize we all struggle with things, and rather than point fingers I really wish we would start supporting eachother.

In the year that I finished at Cedarville, I found that God is awesomely big. Despite some of the pettiness that happens between students, it is really easy to see God is a new and bigger way. The proffessors are the most down to earth staff I have ever met, and they care so deeply about us as students in a way that is personal and unmached. The work is hard, but it is such a good education that it is so easy to forget about how some students act and to really find that you can be great at something if you put your best work into it. So as our faith grows as students, so do our minds as we become able to do things that we never thought possible. It's amazing and wonderful, and that is what makes me feel most at home.

I wish I had known that the school had such a rigorous program. It has been very benefitial to learn new things at Cedarville, and they make a huge effort to help you find where you fit when it comes to majors.

Angie

It has been many years since I have even visited the Cedarville campus, so I cannot speak to its uniqueness now. In the early 1990?s, when I was ?interviewing? colleges, I chose Cedarville for its strong Business Administration department, its Baptist affiliation, and its beautiful campus.

In March 2009, I returned to school to earn a Master?s in Psychology more than a decade after earning a Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance, and Computer Information Systems. Since I graduated from college in 1997, I have been working as a computer consultant. I was initially intimidated by my current classmates because so many of them have education and work background in the field of Psychology. I have now completed four classes and have earned A?s in all of them. I have gained confidence that my work ethic can compensate for any perceived handicap in my background in relation to Psychology. I am an advocate of continuous learning, and the challenge of upgrading that learning to a formal level has proven to be exhilarating. I have gained knowledge that I have used for personal development and to share with others. I have had the opportunity to develop skills in critical thinking and writing. My ultimate goal is to switch careers, which will yield higher job satisfaction and more positive impact on other people?s lives, so the most valuable aspect of this journey is yet to come.

I wish I had known that there was more to college than earning A?s, and I wish I had known that I could make choices to change what I did not like about myself. I passed up many opportunities to make friends and have fun because I did not have very good self-esteem. I hid in my room and studied for most of my four years of college. Of course, many students err the other way and party too much in college, but I would advise any new college student to strive for a happy medium.

Alexandra

The major advice that I would give myself as a high school senior is to be open more with people and know that you will learn many things about life from people! When in high school, you tend to think you know more than you actually do and from hearing life experiences from friends here, I have seen just how little I know. I also would advise to myself to be weary of people who don't understand what being a good friend actually is and will discourage, not encourage you. This happened to me once this semester and I was not prepared for it and didn't know how to respond to a friend who told me I hadn't been a true friend.

Kristen

In high school, I was strongly encouraged to take AP classes. I took many of them, and I felt as if the difficulty of high school had ruined that "high school" experience and regretted taking them. However, I see now that I am a college freshman that I was extremely well prepared for the level at which I was expected to study. As a nursing major, I am required to take difficult classes early on, and AP in high school was a really good stepping stone for that. However, as I did study a lot in high school, I wish I could have learned better time management, and how to better balance fun with work. This was something I quickly adjusted to in college, and I wish I had learned the skill sooner. I might have enjoyed high school a little bit more. Also, having known I would go into nursing, I wish I had familiarized myself with APA citation formatting in high school, and had been required to practice with it in a sociology or psychology class. College professors are very strict on this format, and I had to learn the hard way on my first few assignments.

I wish I had known how easy campus was to navigate. With roads on either side and a lake in the middle, you can't really get very lost before you find a landmark. The campus is a lot smaller than the map makes it look, and so I was way more nervous about finding my way around than I should have been.

There isn't a lot of entertainment nearby without having to drive. If you don't have a car, you really can't get to restaurants or stores without someone else driving you. Even if you do, it takes at least fifteen to twenty minutes to get there.

Christina

I would try and beat it into myself to take my education seriously, every single day of classes, and to really focus on my work. As a high school senior, I didn't really think about college other than where I would end up going in the fall. My freshman year came and went; I look back on it and see that I could have put so much more effort into my studies. I would also tell myself to calm down about leaving home without my family and friends to help me. I'd reassure myself that new friends were waiting there for me and were just as nervous as I was. Another thing I would say to myself is to keep going even when your world seems to crumble. College, and life in general, is hard; It takes endurance, diligence, and faith to get through the tough times, but it is very possible. But most importantly, I would tell myself to have fun and broaden my horizons; I'd urge myself to meet as meet many new people and to mature into the person I was meant to be, enjoying every minute of it.

People who would like to be challenged academically, so that they will be as mentally and physically equipped for their chosen field as possible. Cedarville University requires a specific minor on top of a bachelor's degree. The classes here are rigorous and often entail an intense workload. But for those who strive to be the best they can be academically, as well as, enjoying an encouraging environment would be very well off at Cedarville. I put a good amount of money into my education here, but all the financial difficulties are worth this full-proof education.

People who like to be excessively independent and (or) "play by their own rules." In highschool, independence is what I prided myself on. I lived for breaking rules and doing my own thing, even if I didn't get approval by the faculty or my peers. But to excel at this school one must be more mature than that. Cedarville strives to turn teenagers into adults by developing their talents, widening their horizons, and equiping them with skills to lead and succeed in their chosen field.In short, one must be willing to learn and mature here.

Cedarville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.