Cedarville University

« See more reviews of Cedarville University

Cedarville University is a well-rounded, academically oriented, socially conscious institution. The academics are outstanding, and well-reputed in the surrounding area. The major departments are not only set apart in comparison to other school, but have gone on to win national competitions. However, the greater benefit of Cedarville is it's emphasis on minstry and active faith-living. The opportunities provided have radically altered my priorities and lifestyle. I will graduate from CU not only a well-prepared student, but a man of character and integrity seeking to serve others and God through my skills and abilities.

At most of the other schools I looked at, I would have had to choose between a strong academic focus and a Christian atmosphere. I was disappointed that I might have to consider choosing between the two biggest things I wanted in a university. Cedarville University combines both with ease. The university is very academic and strives for excellence in its students. It was also the most Christ-centered university I found. The school expects much from its students academically because they will represent Jesus Christ to the world.

It is distinctively Christ based in its classes and encourages students to think about why they do what they do. It also has a majority of the students living on campus which gives it a closer more intimate environment with the other students and staff/faculty. The campus is small enough so that walking is not a problem, but big enough so that you do not feel crowded. It also is a very beautiful campus with up to date buildings and classrooms that make learning more enjoyable as well as more effective.

My school is unique in the fact that while the classes are challenging, and the coursework rather heavy, the focus is more set on ministry. This could be in the form of helping out the community by holding conferences or by asking the students to volunteer, or sending out ministry teams to different countries, both also more locally like in nearby Dayton and Columbus. Above everything, the attitude that almost everyone expresses at Cedarville is a willingness to serve in whatever way possible

My school has a very friendly atmosphere. For the most part everyone is kind. It's easy to make friends around here. Also, the majority of the students maintain a well-balanced life... they balance studies and social life in a health way. People get involved in extra-curricular acivities, including sports, community services, organizations, etc. Also, this school has a very healthy spiritual atmosphere. Students are serious about and active in their faith.

It is an academically excellent Christian university. It has what most would call fairly conservative rules, but they are not restrictive, and most students do not have a hard time following them. Students are required to attend chapel every school day. This is an excellent opportunity for students to hear from a variety of scholars, business people, and pastors. All students also recieve a minor in Bible by the end of their studies here.

I love that we have chapel ever day and a required Bible minor. We are one of two schools in the country to require both and I think it is an awesome opportunity and makes us very unique. I also love the welcoming atmosphere here, I didn't feel that at some of the other schools. And the focus on God in everything is amazing and really sets us apart from not only secular schools but many other Christina schools as well.

There is a heavy focus on the eternal life in Christ Jesus. The theme of the campus seems to be the verse that says, "And whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Sports, music, and recreational activities are all focused around the glory of God. Classes are even opened in prayer. Everyone on campus is accepted as a unique and important child of God.

I was attracted by the small class sizes and the personal relationships that one can build in such enviorment. Also, it is a Christ-Centered institution that emphasizes the importance of building a strong faith in Jesus Christ. No other universities I looked at offered that the way Cedarville did.

It has been many years since I have even visited the Cedarville campus, so I cannot speak to its uniqueness now. In the early 1990?s, when I was ?interviewing? colleges, I chose Cedarville for its strong Business Administration department, its Baptist affiliation, and its beautiful campus.