Cedarville University

« See more reviews of Cedarville University

Visit the colleges you are considering. If you don't think you could feel comfortable in that atmosphere, don't completely discount it, but tread carefully. When you visit, make sure you sit in on a few classes. Look for a school that matches you academically. Finally, college costs a lot, but it is worth it. You may not know how you will be able to pay for it, but go for it, and take longer than four years, if you have to. It will be worth it in the end.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to push through the all the negative and focus on my goal. I made a few mistakes right after I graduated and even during high school that I wish I could change, now I have to deal with them. I would tell myself to keep up a satisfactory attendance and to maintain at least a 3.0. College life is expensive and I would have told myself to save my money instead of spending it the first chance I got.

The first thing to realize about college is that it is not just gaining an academic base for which to enter the job market. College is a learning experience in all areas of life. It is the place where people are transformed from youth into adults. When seeking what college to attend, this must be taken into consideration. Look for good academics, but ultimately look for where you think you will grow and mature most as a human being.

Don't let finances hold you back from allowing your student or child to get a good degree. There are forms of assistance out there. Take advantage of them. Also get very invovled and if you find yourself struggling to keep up with school don't be too prideful to ask for help. You are only going to be young and in college once so make the most of it... and stay away from alcohol. It will only mess up your career and future.

Find a college that fits your personality and has the kind of atmosphere you think would benefit you the most. As a Christian I chose Cedarville partially because it is a Christian University and that was one of the things I was looking for. You also need to find a place that will challenge you academically...party schools typically don't. Choose a school that is well known for it's academic excellence.

I greatly advise that you find a quality school with the atmosphere that you value most. Be sure that it has your major, then pray about what the right decision is. Look to God for guidance because He really does care about what goes on in ourlives. When He shows you where to go, trust him to provide the finances you need. If that is the school He wants you at, He will provide, for He is a faithful God.

Visit the college you want to attend the most. Consider the reputation the school has. Consider your financial situation and avoid loans and debt as much as possible. Be willing to work hard, eat well, exercise often in a sport or at the gym, and try some community service. Start building a resume freshman year. Journal about everything. Eat meals with friends and always make time for fun!!

Be open-minded and honest with yourself about what you want. The school I am currently attending was not my first choice and was not even the first school I went to. Mid-way through my sophmore year, I transferred into my current school and I love it. If I had been more open-minded and honest with myself, I believe that I would have started at this school and avoided the stress of transferring.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be patient with the process of discovering what I am going to be studying as a major. I began school studying one major, and have since switched to another major which I feel is more suited to my interests. Additionally, I would encourage myself to study hard and to not procrastinate on assignments given by professors.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that college is going to be awesome. I would tell myself not to worry about the transition and to relax. I would let myself know that I will be able to do well and succeed if I put the effort into it. The last thing I would tell myself is to simply be myself and not be anxious about college or my future but to simply enjoy it while it lasts.