Cedarville University

« See more reviews of Cedarville University

In my first year that I have attended Cedarville University I have been eternally blessed by the Christian community I live and serve in. Everybody at Cedarville University are so friendly and truly care about me. My professors are dedicated people and they strive to challenged me more than I have ever been challenged before. The community is so caring and I have many friends who are going to be my friends for life. Everybody thinks that education quality is important in order to choose the college that is right for them. I believe that is true, but I also believe that a good sense of community is another aspect to consider. Cedarville University is a wonderful working and fun environment and anybody would be blessed to learn, live, and serve in this place.

If I could go back in time to give myself advice from what i know now i would tell myself many things. I would first tell myself that hey your sister is going to have a child not you so go to school shes ok by herself and doing so it wont be as hard to get yourself started in college and start your own life. I would tell myself to go striaght to college and not say oh ill wait a year a year turns in to two years and so on. Crysta you love learning so why put what you love on hold! For once in your life think about whats best for you and not others everyone will do fine with out your help. Just follow your heart and stay in school its what you love and it wont be harder in the long run and you wont keep putting it off for others. good luck.

I would definitely tell myself that there isn't nearly as much to worry about in comparison to what I first thought about college. The atmosphere is friendly and easygoing, despite the fact that I chose to go to a college where I didn't know anyone. There really isn't anything to truly worry about beyond the typical college experience, which comes with late nights, mornings that are too early, classes that have a fair amount of reading, and of course making friends. However, so far each of the above experiences and almost everything else about attending Cedarville University has been fairly all right, all in all. In less words, I would just tell myself to chill and let things happen on their own, as worrying does not accomplish anything.

I would tell them to start early and take their time. There are so many wonderful colleges and universities to attend. Take the time to go and visit these schools, to learn about the programs they offer. No one school is perfect, nor is any one school the same as another; each one offers something a little different than another one. So, take the time to get to know and understand what it is you like and dislike about each school. If you move to fast, you may wind up choosing a school that does not suit your needs or wants in an education and may very well regret your decision (plus losing all of the money that went into finalizing that decision). College is a great experience. Take the time to choose the one that suits you best.

Know what you're looking for when you are looking at college. It's very important to have that in the forefront of your mind as you inspect different schools and different possibilities. Also, realize that no school is perfect, and decide what things you want balanced. Some schools will specialize in different things, so finding one that balances a few things that you value is really ideal. Also, consider, if you do know what you're going to major in as a student, what the school's reputation is in that department, because in the future, that may become important. As for making the most of the college experience, have fun and try your hardest; never give up, but don't kill yourself with work. The key is everything in moderation!

Students, Finding a school that has a good program in your field is just as important as finding that a school that can feel like a home for 4 years. Take the time to feel schools out. And parents, as much as you love your children and want the best for them, you need to remember that in the end, they will be the ones going to school. Nothing feels worse than a parent thinking your school or field of study are a mistake, or your parents making you feel horrible for choosing a school that is far from home. I know plenty of people who gave up the school of their dreams because their parents guilted them into staying closer to home. Be protective and reasonable, but BE SUPPORTIVE. Your support means more to us than anyone else's.

The first thing in which I would tell myself to actually make the decision to go to a four year school right out of high school. I would tell myself that it was my calling to attend Cedarville University and ever since being here on campus, I have grown not only individually, but also spiritually as well. Along with the fact that I have found the area of study that I know that I am supposed to be in. I would convince myself of the fact that I really do love sports and why would I not want to go to school and learn about sports. Along with that why would I not want to get paid to do something in which I love. Everyone always says that you should go into something that you love doing, so why not major in sports management.

In the year that I finished at Cedarville, I found that God is awesomely big. Despite some of the pettiness that happens between students, it is really easy to see God is a new and bigger way. The proffessors are the most down to earth staff I have ever met, and they care so deeply about us as students in a way that is personal and unmached. The work is hard, but it is such a good education that it is so easy to forget about how some students act and to really find that you can be great at something if you put your best work into it. So as our faith grows as students, so do our minds as we become able to do things that we never thought possible. It's amazing and wonderful, and that is what makes me feel most at home.

I have gained so much from being in college. Attending a university out of state taught me how to be independent. Choosing a Christian school strengthened my relationship with Christ. The small class size and overall small school size provided the opporutnity to get to know people at a more intimate level. The professors I've had have poured into me knowledge about their subjects as well as knowledge about life. Through staying involved on campus I've formed a bond with the school and student body that will last a lifetime. As melodramatic as it may sound, attending college has changed my life for the better and I'm so thankful for it.

There has been so much that I have learned from being here at Cedarville, even in the short time of one semester. I have learned that being on your own, no matter how much I was excited to leave home. I have found it valuable in that I am making real friendships that will truely last a lifetime. I am experiencing the love a college that can only come from being happy where I am at. I have learned to take the focus off of myself and be more concerned for the well being of those around me. The largest thing that I have gained is my relationship with my Lord and Savior. I am so blessed to be in a Christian centered university.