Cedarville University

« See more reviews of Cedarville University

The atmosphere, classes, extracurricular activities, & faculty/staff work together to provoke spiritual growth. As a graduate, I miss the solid Bible stance, the probing questions designed to make you think & learn about God, the support of the faculty and staff, & being surrounded by grounded Christian friends, who share the same belief systems. The ability to grow & learn, experience & make mistakes in a place where you are supported, not judged, & LOVED, (BY ALL) is crucial to building a strong faith, not only in personal situations, but also in professional career settings. Cedarville prepared me for life. I loved my experience there.

I love the community feeling that Cedarville University has. Everyone, including faculty/staff and other students, is very approachable and genuinely cares about each other. Professors are so accomodating. They will do anything they can to help you succeed and do well in their classes, even scheduling extra review sessions during their off hours. Students become very close due in large part to the very small town environment of the surroundings. Students spend much of their time with each other and even at professors homes. Students volunteer to rake leaves and shovel snow for professors and their families.

Things to like/love about Cedarville: it's a Christ centered university, Christian worldview in classes, tons of events on campus, comfortable dorm life, chapel (Monday-Friday, 10A.M.) has great speakers and worship, inside jokes, Intramural Sports (ex: Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, Dodgeball), great workout facilities, wonderful music programs, chances for ministry, Bible studies, mission trips, the wonderful tasting drinks they serve at Rinnova, brother and sister unit bonding, beautiful small town campus with a lake, even sidewalks, the COVE tutoring, SGA study sessions, and "Brief Embraces" (hugs).

The best thing about my school is its giving. The staff give education and mentorship to the students. The students support and encourage each other. The students are also involved in giving to the community, whether it is clearing people's yards after a storm, or helping at a homeless shelter. Cedarville University's President, Dr. Brown, is constantly giving of his time and energy to minister to student, staff, and visitors. The selfless attitude around campus is an encouraging and honorable characteristic. Cedarville University is more of a family than an institution of higher education.

Due to the fact that Cedarville University is a strong Christian college, I feel that the best quality of Cedarville is the openness and tolerance that they express toward not only other believers, but to all. Cedarville is primarily Baptist based but I am not a member of the Baptist church, far from it actually. There are some major differences in doctrine between my church and Cedarville, but I still can express these differences and my opinion without fear of being told flat-out that I am wrong. Cedarville University is not hypocritical in loving and accepting just about everyone.

What I love most about Cedarville is how it truly is a community. The academics are great, yes, BUT: People at Cedarville, students, staff and faculty alike, genuinely love and care for eachother beyond their professional relationships. It is not uncommon to see students having coffee with professors, or in the cafeteria with the deans. Students are constantly finding new ways to come together and help the community and the world. There's this great blanace of getting things done, making the world a better place, and enjoying life while you do it.

I really appreciate how open my school is. You never feel like you are out of place. Everyone is just really open with each other. Also, our school has chapel everyday which is a huge uplifting part of the day. The university brings in all kinds of speakers some are widely known, and others are just local pastors. Another thing I love about our school is that they are so outward focused especially on getting involved with the surrounding communities. I think lastly I love how personal our president is. We can email him and he will promptly respond.

The atmosphere. Everyone is usually very friendly, the teachers are always willing to help. There's a lot of opportunities to get into the arts: our theater department performs 3 plays a year, we have student art exhibits. There's a lot of sports game to see (though we don't have a football team). I've had perfect strangers help me carry boxes to my room. Hallmates are usually very open and kind; it's like the whole student population is a family, complete with the awkward, strange cousins you never really get (or want to get) to know.

The best thing about Cedarville University is how much the staff and faculty truly care about the success of the students. Professors are always more than willing to stay after class to give extra instruction, and the number of study sessions and work groups available to students is high. There are many on-campus tutors who are willing to help you in any way possible. There is always some way to get extra help or input. The success of students is very evident by how much after-school academic time is put into the campus schedule.

The best thing is that it is a Christ-centered campus; the majority of my fellow students have one goal: to glorify God in everything we do! Also, there is always something fun to get involved in on campus such as, being in a discipleship group, volunteering for different organizations, playing intramural sports, dorm wars, friday night movies, etc. Cedarville is an amazing university with encouraging professors who want each of their students to be successful not only in their professions, but also in their walk with God.