Centenary College of Louisiana Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Centenary College of Louisiana

Mariah

It is very amazing and great! I liked how the classes are very small and you are able to get close to your professors. I also liked how small the campus is because you are able to know where everything is at. The staff is very helpful and nice as well. The volleyball program is very great as well. I am very excited how this season is going to be!

Bri'ann

My overall opinion of Centenary College of Louisiana is that I love it!! Centenary is amazing, not just for it's academics, but also for sports and Greek life. All my professors are awesome and they're always willing to help me. I love this school and everything it has to offer.

Princes

Centenary is a great school and I would recommend it others but I will also list the faults of the school so that they know they are making the right choice. I feel at home at Centenary and I did the first time I stepped onto the campus.

Diane

I'm about to be a freshman but I feel as if that Centenary is my home. It is where I have made friends, made new memories and conversed with numerous people. The atmosphere and attitude revolving around campus is positive and motivational. The campus itself is beautiful, homey, and diverse. The cafeteria is divine. The extracurricular activities, sports, and Greek life are all warm and welcoming. Overall, I have found my home and am so excited to be attending in the Fall.

Mathew

I absolutely adore Centenary. From the people to the classes to the campus to its location, there is nothing about it I don't like. It offers many opportunities to see different parts of the world, help the community around the college, and won't just educate you, it will prepare you for the working world.

Emma

Centenary College of Louisiana is a fantastic school for anyone who not only wants a superior liberal arts education, but a family as well. The small student population makes it easy to get familiar with more of the student body and is far less intimidating than a larger school. Despite its small size, however, there is a myriad of majors, clubs, activities, and opportunities available for everyone. The campus allows you to speak your mind and, if things get political, debate will generally be civilized, even friendly. As I am a freshman in my first semester, I cannot go in depth on the academics, but the education I have received, especially in the music department, is far greater than the rest of my schooling combined. The professors are all very competent and willing to help out any way they can. The choir is also incredible and, if you're in it, you're already friends with over 10% of the student body. If you are considering a career in music, I would go to Centenary. I would recommend getting food away from the Caf on occasion as it's pretty hit or miss; but they usually know how to prepare chicken and potatoes. Stay away from the baseball boys.

Brianna

Centenary College is a great place to be academically challenged. I enjoy the classes I take as a pre-med student and have great professors and advisors. Centenary also makes it possible for every student to study abroad as part of its liberal arts education. This is important because students get to experience culture and classes outside of their intended major, broadening their education. However, the student body is small, which is great for the student to teacher ratio, but also makes cliques a prominent characteristic seen on campus. Although there are sports teams and greek life, the organizations tend to be small because the student population is so low. Overall, I am proud to attend such an esteemed college that I know will lead me to my career success.

The academics are wonderful, but they have some dumb requirements like living on campus and culture credits. It is the most liberal school in Louisiana that I have seen, if you are looking for that. Food could use work, but I can usually find something.

Tia

I love Centenary and I can't see myself anywhere else. What I like about Centenary the most is that I belong to the Centenary College Choir. Being in the choir has taught me a lot about myself and what I aspire to be one day. Plus the organization is very family-oriented. I give Centenary 9 out of 10 stars rating.

Janette

I absolutely love it here! The campus community is small, which makes for conveniently smaller class sizes and more close-knit friend groups. The staff is amazing -- there isn't a single person there who won't greet you with a smile. The Shreveport area is very rich in culture and there are many great places to eat and shop around. The campus is absolutely beautiful and everything is very close to each other, so no need to worry about being too late to class because of transportation issues. Coming to Centenary is probably one of the greatest decisions I've ever made!