Centenary University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Centenary University

Kristina

I love Centenary. The academic aspect of the school is on par with that of larger universities, and the small campus makes it easy for students to feel right at home. There truly is a place for everybody here, and we are always ready to welcome our newest Cyclone to the family!

Cheyenne

The facilities are well maintained, and even though some of the older buildings still need a little help, the overall campus is wonderful. Teachers are easily accessible through email if they can't be talked to during class or office hours. There is a wide variety of food, extracurricular activities, sports teams, and overall diversity on campus.

Larissa

Centenary University is a great school for individuals who are business, equine, sports, or science majors. However, if you're leaning towards the humanities side, you may want to rethink because administation does not give you the same attention others may receive. Most of the professors are amazing and would go out of their way for the students regardless of the major. The small indiviualized class sizes also allow for you to create a small close family of friends on campus. Overall, the student and staff community of Centenary is great, but administration could step up their game.

The teachers are great, I love working with the professors and that is the main reason I decided to attend Centenary. Class sizes are amazing and the academic center is really good at accommodating learning disabilities. Otherwise, though, the school is not so good. I'm constantly fighting with admissions about course loads, wasted money, and other personal academic accommodations and the food is terrible but they won't let you opt out of the meal plan as a resident on campus. The upper class man apartments are really good housing but other than that is is mediocre at best.

Jamie

Centenary University has been life changing for me. I have met numerous new friends and my life has become much more exciting. I’ve been able to improve in my riding (Equestrian) immensely by training with decorated coaches and riding top horses. Everyone is very nice here. I never feel as if I am intimidated of anyone. I really enjoy all of the classes I get to take. Especially my equine related classes. All of my Professors are very supportive. I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision to attend Centenary.

Alana

I would recommend Centenary to any student interested in continuing their college education. Centenary provides a great curricular for MANY majors, and I believe their students are more advanced than students in other colleges. Since I am a Social Work Major, I realized they have a great program for social work students. They prepare you for any graduate school!

stanley

Centenary University is a very good school for students who have trouble learning in a very large classroom. The teachers are able to work much closer with you and they are extremely helpful. The campus is pretty updated and nice. The cafe has pretty good food selection of assorted food groups, and they are also willing to make you any type of food if needed. The campus could be boring at times, but besides that this is a great university.

Morgan

I really like Centenary, the environment is good, it's not a party school but there are some parties, there's a lot of safety precautions put in place and I feel safe. The food is delicious and there are a lot of options. The classes have a good amount of students in each and the professors are great and they are willing to help if it's needed.

Abigail

The dorms for freshman are really due for an update; walls are cracking, bathrooms are almost always broken, and mice/ants are often a large problem. Cafeteria is also not very accommodating to meal restrictions, and food is not very good. Overall, academics are pretty good, and professors are often very helpful and accommodating yet students do need to ask for help when struggling. Apartments on campus are the best housing option, but hard to get into and based on GPA and class standing.